Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #155
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by QmaroSS View Post
What brand of springs were used? I assume BMR?
Yes, they are BMR.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:14 PM   #156
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!

Drives: 2012 Victory Red 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
Yes, they are BMR.
Thanks.

Also If I went with the same drop at 1.25in all around on a my SS coupe and eventually wanted to get a set of 22in wheels with tires at 265 on the front and 315 on the rear, would I have any fitment issues?
StainlessWorks LT (JetHot Coating) + HFC + Performance Connect, 3" SW Retro Cat-back, Roto-Fab CF CAI, Bo White PO TB, R1Concepts Drilled-Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads, AirLift Performance 3H suspension, MPD1 Rear Spoiler, Heritage Grill w/ Red SS Sparks Emblem, SLP Front Splitter, NightOwl V2 Halo Kit, Roto-Fab Red Engine cover w/ CF Plenum & Fuse Box Cover

QmaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 06:23 AM   #157
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Might want to list the tire profiles . . . every 5 profile points is about an inch diameter difference for the 265's and about an inch and a quarter for the 315's.

Norm
Old 11-30-2015, 08:49 AM   #158
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by QmaroSS View Post
Thanks.

Also If I went with the same drop at 1.25in all around on a my SS coupe and eventually wanted to get a set of 22in wheels with tires at 265 on the front and 315 on the rear, would I have any fitment issues?
No, we have tons of customers running 22s with 1.25" springs.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:50 PM   #159
QmaroSS
No regrets the red one!

Drives: 2012 Victory Red 2SS
Quote:
No, we have tons of customers running 22s with 1.25" springs.
Very nice, thanks for the info.
StainlessWorks LT (JetHot Coating) + HFC + Performance Connect, 3" SW Retro Cat-back, Roto-Fab CF CAI, Bo White PO TB, R1Concepts Drilled-Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads, AirLift Performance 3H suspension, MPD1 Rear Spoiler, Heritage Grill w/ Red SS Sparks Emblem, SLP Front Splitter, NightOwl V2 Halo Kit, Roto-Fab Red Engine cover w/ CF Plenum & Fuse Box Cover

QmaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:31 AM   #160
JEBariffic

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Great thread. Much appreciated.

My '11 SS convert is a daily driver and I track it as often as I can. Getting better track handling while maintaining spouse acceptable ride is the goal. Adjustable coil overs seem appealing, both for ride height and dampening (sp?).

How are these settings adjusted? I'm guessing id need to jack the car in paddock to do so?

Is all that adjustability useful / noticeable, or overkill?

Could have sworn I saw a set that offered adjustable camber as well. Can't find it now, but is that so, and thoughts on that?

I'm figuring a $4K budget for parts and install. Is that on target? Recommendations?

Thanks!
Old 12-01-2015, 09:51 AM   #161
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEBariffic View Post
Great thread. Much appreciated.

My '11 SS convert is a daily driver and I track it as often as I can. Getting better track handling while maintaining spouse acceptable ride is the goal. Adjustable coil overs seem appealing, both for ride height and dampening (sp?).

How are these settings adjusted? I'm guessing id need to jack the car in paddock to do so?

Is all that adjustability useful / noticeable, or overkill?

Could have sworn I saw a set that offered adjustable camber as well. Can't find it now, but is that so, and thoughts on that?

I'm figuring a $4K budget for parts and install. Is that on target? Recommendations?

Thanks!
Generally, there is a large nut that you turn to adjust ride height and a knob on each shock body you turn to adjust firmness. Where the knobs are located and whether you need to jack up the car depends on the coil over. The adjustments are very noticeable; they can range from too soft and bouncy for even street use all the way to rock hard. You can get camber plates that will allow for camber adjustments. With that budget you have some really good options. I would recommend Ridetech or Pfadt.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:25 PM   #162
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
So what's the best 1" lowering springs I can get for my ZL1?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:56 PM   #163
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
So what's the best 1" lowering springs I can get for my ZL1?
We have found that the Pfadt 1.25" springs work really well with the ZL1 MagRide both on the street and track. It actually ends up at about 1" on the ZL1.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #164
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
We have found that the Pfadt 1.25" springs work really well with the ZL1 MagRide both on the street and track. It actually ends up at about 1" on the ZL1.
Awesome.

Are these the ones your talking about?

http://www.apex-speed.com/pfadt-race...s-1410126.html

Thx Apex.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:16 AM   #165
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Awesome.

Are these the ones your talking about?

http://www.apex-speed.com/pfadt-race...s-1410126.html

Thx Apex.
Those are the ones.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:34 AM   #166
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Quote:
Those are the ones.
Ok cool.

Thank You
Old 12-03-2015, 04:14 PM   #167
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Apex,

Sorry I don't mean to hijack your thread....

One more question. How well does the Eibach Pro #38144.140 springs work for the ZL1?

Are they as good as the Pfadt springs you referenced above?

Thx
Old 12-17-2015, 09:11 AM   #168
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Apex,

Sorry I don't mean to hijack your thread....

One more question. How well does the Eibach Pro #38144.140 springs work for the ZL1?

Are they as good as the Pfadt springs you referenced above?

Thx
We do not have any experience with those on a ZL1 but they have a higher spring rate so they are going to ride harder.

Tags
apex lowering springs, apex motorsports, best lowering springs, camaro lowering springs