Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #1
martinezj454545

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6
AAC Halos burned out? WTH

OKAY so today I installed a toggle switch to run the halos by them self instead of running then with the running lights on and by the way the look a lot better like this in my opinion. Well anyways after installing the toggle switch I noticed about 8 led on the fog light halo burned out and there not even in series? They just around the whole fog light. Well I didn't know it could be done but man I hope its something else. I don't feel like replacing the fog light halos . Anyways had this problem before?
martinezj454545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Contact AAC's customer service and I'm sure they will take care of you.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:16 AM   #3
DraggnFrameGMC

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Yeah, just happened to me the other day and mine are only about a month old. Had 3 white ones in a row go out. Just get with AAC and they will take care of you though....great customer service.
DraggnFrameGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
DuhKoDuh

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Best customer service ive ever used! Just emailed a woman by the name of Melissa and she helped me without question! Very polite also!

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhKoDuh View Post
Best customer service ive ever used! Just emailed a woman by the name of Melissa and she helped me without question! Very polite also!
See OP, I wasn't lying
Old 12-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #6
martinezj454545

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS V6
So i would have to take them out the fog lights and ship them or can i just send the whole thing over there? they didn't installed them but i really dont feel like going through all that hassle taking them apart again
martinezj454545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
The Stig

I'm sure you could just send them the fog light
Old 12-16-2011, 03:45 PM   #8
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinezj454545 View Post
So i would have to take them out the fog lights and ship them or can i just send the whole thing over there? they didn't installed them but i really dont feel like going through all that hassle taking them apart again
If their customer service is as good as we're told you should be able to send the entire part over for them to fix..... it would suck if you had to pay to uninstall and re-install (or go through the hassle yourself) for their faulty product.

They have great customer service so I'm sure they'll take care of you.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 2SS/RS View Post
If their customer service is as good as we're told you should be able to send the entire part over for them to fix..... it would suck if you had to pay to uninstall and re-install (or go through the hassle yourself) for their faulty product.

They have great customer service so I'm sure they'll take care of you.

Your going way out there with your idea of customer service. Most anything you buy that is warranteed will be the part only.

Go buy some lifetime warrantee brake pads. If they fail you will get a new set of pads when you bring the old ones in. They do not change them out for you. That is standard practice.

If a company installs something for you and warrantees the installation, then they will fix or reinstall if there is a install problem.

If someone just sells you lug nuts and warrantees them they will not come over and change them out if one of the nuts fails. They will however send you another.

AAC is a great company with some great employees. They stand behind their products. If they install, they stand behind their installations.

I might add that replacing the foglight halo is a straight forward process. The lense has already been removed once for installation. They use silicone caulk to seal it back up. To remove the lense you just grasp the edge of the lense and pull. The caulk stays flexible. Clean remaining caulk off both sides. Remove halo, it is attached with caulk, Install new halo with dabs of caulk. Then recaulk lense and situate it on the light fixture. let it dry then reinstall.

You do not have to remove the bumper to do any of this.

Last edited by Shuffler; 12-16-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Shuffler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, burn., fog lights, halos, led