Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #15
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
[QUOTE=bdsdnfam;4784706]
Quote:
Hi all,

I need some advice. I've decided to keep my current Camaro and continue to mod. That said, I'm thinking of a Supercharger. I've done my online research and kept coming back to the Magna Charger. I'm looking at doing this myself. I'm not an auto mechanic but know my way around an engine and have plenty of tools from my past life as a forklift mechanic.

Question#1: What are the opinions of this Supercharger? Reliability? Ease of Install? Support?, etc.
I can provide you with many options and packages, and the best support in the industry.

Quote:
Question#2: Is there anything (engine or car wise) that I NEED to do to insure a trouble free installation. I understand that the sky is the limit with cams, clutches, brakes, etc. but I'm interested in staying as stock as possible for as long as possible. I only have 7K miles on the car and hate to throw good parts away.
I would be happy to lay out a project plan for you in detail.

Quote:
Question#3: They provide a tune. Will it suffice?
If it was the ONLY modification Yes they are fine.

Quote:
Question#4: Will I grin from ear to ear when I step down for the first time?!!
Hell YEAH!!!

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #16
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Get ahold of Ted Jannetty and JRE, he can sell you the kit and will do remote tuning for free if you buy the kit from him. His custom tunes are amazing and will get you the most out of your engine and trans and do it safely.

The Maggie is very easy to install. Takes some time but the instructions are second to none. Just remember to put the brass plug in the intercooler before installing, that bit of information is left out of the instructions but is very important. Other then that, instructions are very good.

Mount your coolant hoses to the SC before putting the SC on the engine, makes it much easier!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #17
bdsdnfam
NoJoken

Drives: Synergy Green SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray@RDS View Post
If you get a chance swing by the house and i can show some real kool maggie stuff!

thats if you are anytime in the Wbl area .
I get up there on occassion. Got my Camaro at Polar so I also get my service done up there. I'm figuring probably fall for this project so I may take you up on the offer before then!!

Thanks!!!
bdsdnfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #18
bdsdnfam
NoJoken

Drives: Synergy Green SS
Thanks to all of you for helping me with the confidence that this is the right decision. Ted, I've researched you and your reputation is second to none for service and support. I'll be in touch as I get closer to putting this plan into action!
bdsdnfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #19
Ray@RDS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdsdnfam View Post
I get up there on occassion. Got my Camaro at Polar so I also get my service done up there. I'm figuring probably fall for this project so I may take you up on the offer before then!!

Thanks!!!
Kool, Steve and Cory over in the parts department are my go to Guy's, been visiting them quite often these days lol!

Polar is good people!

shoot me a pm sometime when you are going to be in the area, i am @ 10min away.

I will be doing a maggie instal this weekend on a camaro, and a radix on a tahoe next weekend
Ray@RDS is offline   Reply With Quote