Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #15
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_SS View Post
Thanks for all the welcomes. I'm in the Air Force stationed at Edwards. So that means I am in the middle of no where.

Thanks for the help with the cover. Since I've been here I've noticed a bunch of cara with bad clear coat. Just don't want that happening to Isabella.

Since I've only been here for three weeks, I haven't really had many opportunities to take in the sights. What I have heard is everyone telling me not to speed because the CHP will target my car. How much of that is true? Everyone is telling me that I will get a ticket for going even five over. So I've been setting my cruise, keeping at the speed limit, and watching everyone blow by me.

Again thanks for all the welcomes. Oh, does anyone know of a good paint shop? I plan on doing some exterior mods that will require paint. Thanks
CHP is basically luck of the draw... if I don't feel like being on "high alert," I generally try to drive with the rest of the pack. It's even better if there are one or two other jackrabbits nearby who will catch CHP's eye first, before me. On the other hand, I frequently like to go real fast... so I spend a lot of time scoping for black and whites. Haven't had a citation in almost ten years... and some of that time has been in a screamin' yella Camaro. Knock on wood.

Edwards area is prone to dust, so be careful using a car cover. Tough to decide if it's better to risk the wind + airborne grit = abrasive buffing, or the occasional sandstorm. I recomend NOT using a car cover, just keep it clean and waxed.

I never thought about sun being a problem for paint... I've spent most of my life in California, and spend a lot of time in the TOUGH places (like Edwards, Mojave, Death Valley, Vegas, etc.). But, being the type of fella who loves to keep my cars clean, have never experienced any paint loss/ degradation/ discoloration due to sun. I wouldn't sweat it.

Thanks for your service to our country!
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #16
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Don't worry about a car cover. Keep it clean and waxed/polished. Mine has been outside for over a year and no problems. I was polish mine 2-3 times a year and wax 5-6 times a year.
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
Welcome!!
Old 08-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #18
Alaskan_SS

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel Tintcoat Camaro
Thanks for all the advice. Now I just need to know of a good paint shop because I want to get a hood and rear spoiler. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Alaskan_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #19
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Welcome, what will usually draw CHP attention to you is speeding and weaving in n out through traffic, and you can drive 5 over and usually they will leave you alone...
Old 08-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #20
Warpigs44

Drives: 2010 Camaro Ss2
Lmao at that video.
Warpigs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
Jonny0789
2010 Camaro 2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Kinda off topic: Im noticing the sun is fading my black leather on my passenger seat. I bought a sun shade thing for my window which is helping allot but any ideas on how to get my color back?

And welcome Alaskan_SS im stationed out in LA AFB.
Jonny0789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #22
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_SS View Post
Thanks for all the advice. Now I just need to know of a good paint shop because I want to get a hood and rear spoiler. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Not out your way..But there is one here in Fontana thats highly recommended, Rudys Body Shop on Foothill blvd. This guy has been painting custom cars for years the owners name is Rick.

Funny video

http://youtu.be/aemXgP-2xyg
Old 08-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #23
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
hey and welcome!!!!! i havent noticed CHP pulling you over for 5 over, but if you're weaving and stuff like that they'll def single you out. Go with the flow of traffic, and stay within 10mph of speed limit you should be fine. OH and CA also has this rule about drivers and passenger window tint, its kind of illegal so if you have yours tinted be careful.

if you want to get to know a lot of us come out to the Bakersfield meet in October. A lot of the SoCal family comes out for a weekend of fun, food and best of all Racing!!!!!

LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #24
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny0789 View Post
Kinda off topic: Im noticing the sun is fading my black leather on my passenger seat. I bought a sun shade thing for my window which is helping allot but any ideas on how to get my color back?

And welcome Alaskan_SS im stationed out in LA AFB.
I don't think it will come back. Should be under warranty

Sent from my damn phone
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #25
decepticon-vert

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to decepticon-vert
welcome to SoCal or better the Inland Empire.. I keep my vert in the garage and wax it baby u gotta wax it and dont forget to treat the interior too or you will have fade problems like some one did on this post lol..

PS that video was wacked!!