Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-21-2014, 01:36 AM   #71
TransAm-98

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by axnhose View Post
Ryan,

It's interesting that you say I am difficult to work with when I never talked with Rick until the car was finished. All communication was done through Ace. Also, I guess you don't have a problem letting another guy put 500 miles on your brand new $70K car when you yourself have only put 400 miles on it since you bought it. Ace told me to put 500 miles on the car, take it to the track, and then Rick would retune the car once the clutch was seated.

By the way, would you let me drive your car for 500 miles to "break in" the clutch? Plus, it would take me a month to do so. You would be OK with that?

Also, I followed each and every direction Rick gave me. I drove the car with the stock Goodyear tires just like I was told to drive it, plus some spirited passes. But you know that the stock tires afford little to NO traction. I put 500 "in town" miles on it before I took it to the track, and it promptly broke on the first pass. Either the stock throw out bearing or your guys custom slave cylinder failed. Either way, your shop should repair its work, just read what everybody says here on this forum. If your business cared and was a reputable shop, you should honor your work.

I wish things would have turned out different. I guess I could have tried to communicate with Rick better, but you and I both know, he is hard to get hold of, and harder to read. That is why I went through Ace, thinking that since they are best buds, I would be taken care of. But it seems that there was a lot of valuable correspondence lost through the cracks.

Now I am out $17K, and don't know what was done to my car. I have NO receipts, my stock exhaust is missing, and now I need to spend how much (?) to get my car repaired, and start a rapport with another shop.

Any ideas?

Bryan
You did not follow directions at all. You lighting up stock tires doesn't count as clutch break in. Why would we want to do the break-in ourselves? Because you said you didn't want miles on the car and only wanted to track it. That was the first red flag. That clutch requires a break-in period. You beating on the car as soon as you get it, making pulls up and down the street is not a break-in. And why would you take it to the track if we said the tune wasn't done? Yes you spent a lot of money. Parts cost money, and you wanted more. Nice headers, TFS heads, cam setup, pulleys, ALKY kit, additional reservoirs, blower porting, aftermarket twin disk, fluids, gaskets etc., labor to put everything in. Sorry things add up. You wanted big numbers, you got them. We delivered. Your attitude is what killed it for you.

If you didn't trust us enough to even drive your car, why would you do all of your business dealings through a middle man? Wouldn't you want to show up and talk face to face. You DID NOT break the car in properly and you didn't let us drive it or bring it back to put on the dyno after your so called break-in of the clutch.

You don't follow directions and yet expect us to financially back products after breaking at the track. There is no race/track warranty. Had you played things better at the beginning, we would be happy to work things out and help where we can. You didn't. You come off as a customer and a person that we want nothing to do with. We told you go to Abel to have them look at it. You start this thread instead.

And don't tell us to honor our work because of what some people on a forum say after reading a skewed story you posted and don't even know you. We always honor our work. Rick and I had a long discussion on what to do with you/your car because we've never had to take this route with a customer before. But i guess there is first for everything.
TransAm-98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #72
axnhose

Drives: 2013 ZL1
ZL1 mods

WOW!!

Now this is getting interesting, as I did "break in" the clutch exactly the way Rick told me to do. I am not sure what "lighting up stock tires" means, as I had the stock rims and tires with 400 miles on them installed on the car while street driving the car for 500 miles. Not sure how light the stock rims and tires are, but that is what was on the car while the clutch was being "broken in" Its interesting you say that, because your recommended 2 disc clutch is "BROKEN"! As for me having an issue with putting miles on my car, its the fact that the car had only 400 miles on it when it went to your shop, and then you guys want to put another 500 miles on it, are you freaking kidding me, really!?!? Let me take YOUR brand new $80K+ ($60K purchase price, $17,600.00 in mods, $3500.00 in Weld RTS wheels and slicks) car for several weeks to put 500 miles on it and lets see what happens.

I talked to Centerforce themselves, and they say 400-500 miles of "in town" street driving is recommended before re-dynoing or going to the track. AGAIN, that is exactly what happened to the car.

As for my attitude, how did Rick, you, or anybody at your shop get my attitude, since I NEVER talked to anybody at your shop. All correspondence was done through Ace. Please fill me in on how "my attitude" played a big role in anything.

Another thing. Its not the fact I don't trust Rick, or your guys in your shop. I DONT' trust everybody else driving on the road. What happens when something happens to my car? Who is going to be responsible? Better yet, Rick gets hit by another driver and causes damage to my car. Then what? I have been a Firefighter for close to 20 years, and clean up a ton of smashed cars. Would Rick buy me a NEW car, because I would not want a smashed car back from him. Rick can be, and maybe he is, the best driver in the world, but there are thousands of idiot drivers on the road at any given time. That is why I did NOT want Rick, you, or anybody else driving my car. Its taken me a lifetime to be able to afford to buy a car like this, and I will be dammed if I am gonna let somebody else take the chance to destroy it!

As for warranty, it is your custom slave cylinder that could be the source of the problem. Or it could be the clutch. Since the clutch had 400+ miles on it (just what Centerforce said to do), and it turns out to be the issue, its warranty-able (again, this is directly from Centerforce).

As for a skewed story, not sure what is skewed. I was told what to do, and that is EXACTLY what was done. Regardless of what my supposed "attitude" was, the clutch break in was done to the "T", and the parts your shop installed failed. These are heavy duty parts designed to racing.

You said it yourself, but your a LIAR. You DO NOT honor your work, since there is a first time for everything. Glad I will go down in Synergy History as the one guy you were DIS-HONORABLE with.

Thanks again for nothing!
axnhose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:14 PM   #73
TransAm-98

Drives: Trans Am
So you never made full throttle passes with Ace the night you got your car back?

And why would you feel the need to explain the lack of traction on the stock Goodyears if you were breaking the clutch in properly.

We told you the car needed to come back for the tune after the break-in, you went to the track instead. How did that seem like a good idea? Especially if we tell you the tune isn't done. Had you let us drive the car even for a little, we would be able to tell you if something felt off with the combo. Same goes for if you would have brought it back for the tune. You allowed none of those things to happen.

You wanted to keep adding more parts to the build but didn't want to pay for them when the time came.

Trying to get Ace to haggle the price down for you and having him float money for your build was also a nice move. Do you're own leg work if you're so worried about your investment.

If anyone is a liar here it's you.

Like it has been brought up in this thread and also by us. Go to Abel or Cunningham Motorsports. We work with them regularly. They are free to call us with any questions on your car.
TransAm-98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #74
axnhose

ZL1 mods

Lets break this down as it keeps getting better.

Ryan. So you never made full throttle passes with Ace the night you got your car back?

Bryan. The night I got the car back, it went into the garage. I drove the car around town for several weeks, and I also drove the car in a "spirited" fashion. I drove the car for 500 miles through town before I took it to the track. Up till then, it was working flawlessly.

Ryan. And why would you feel the need to explain the lack of traction on the stock Goodyears if you were breaking the clutch in properly.

Bryan. Who said anything about lack of traction?

Ryan. We told you the car needed to come back for the tune after the break-in, you went to the track instead. How did that seem like a good idea? Especially if we tell you the tune isn't done. Had you let us drive the car even for a little, we would be able to tell you if something felt off with the combo. Same goes for if you would have brought it back for the tune. You allowed none of those things to happen.

Bryan. I was NEVER told to bring the car back for a retune after the 500 miles to break in the clutch.

Ryan. You wanted to keep adding more parts to the build but didn't want to pay for them when the time came.

Bryan. I NEVER wanted to add more parts to the build. Ace told me that Rick advised the addition of ported heads, and then the Meth kit. I needed time to think about both additions. Also, ANY time Ace told me Rick needed money, I got it for him. No questions, he got the cash right away.

Ryan. Trying to get Ace to haggle the price down for you and having him float money for your build was also a nice move. Do you're own leg work if you're so worried about your investment.

Bryan. Ace told me he was Ricks buddy, and that he could get me a great deal. That is one of the reasons I went to your shop. Partly because Ace talked to highly of Rick, that I would be treated great, and I would get a great deal. When Ace said Rick needed money, I got him the amount he asked for.

Ryan. If anyone is a liar here it's you.

Bryan. There is NOTHING I have lied about. What is the truth? I took my car to your shop. You received $17,600.00 to complete the mods. Your work failed, and you have not repaired your faulty equipment. Your shop is NOT honorable.

Ryan, we can keep going back and forth, but if you cant see that a ton of talk has fell through the cracks, your blind.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #75
manbag83

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SSRS YUDLOSE
Well, This back and forth bitch fest cant be good for business. pull the trans out and see what the issue is. If the clutch is warped to shit then it wasnt broken in properly... yada yada.. fix the car now, sort the blame later and keep good PR. Lesson learned!

^777RWHP/680TQ^
manbag83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:49 PM   #76
Busabob

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by manbag83 View Post
Well, This back and forth bitch fest cant be good for business. pull the trans out and see what the issue is. If the clutch is warped to shit then it wasnt broken in properly... yada yada.. fix the car now, sort the blame later and keep good PR. Lesson learned!

+1
Old 10-22-2014, 02:28 PM   #77
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by manbag83 View Post
+2

This is getting comical.

Who spends $17K at a shop without ever even talking to them... instead using a guy named Ace as a go-between.

Seriously, who does that?

I have no idea who is right or wrong here but it certainly has gotten entertaining.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #78
LonDowell

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
I've had a Synergy custom CAM, LS3 conversion, exhaust work ported TB, and Supercharger installed by Synergy. I'm happy with it all. They make good on their support and Rick's tune on two occasions has been excellent. Ryan is a stellar communicator, and has always been very helpful. I will return, and recommend their work.
LonDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #79
axnhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonDowell View Post
I've had a Synergy custom CAM, LS3 conversion, exhaust work ported TB, and Supercharger installed by Synergy. I'm happy with it all. They make good on their support and Rick's tune on two occasions has been excellent. Ryan is a stellar communicator, and has always been very helpful. I will return, and recommend their work.
You are a lucky one, as you have not had any issues with your car. I hope you dont! What I have learned from this whole ordeal is to always deal with a shop in person and not let your buddy do the talking for you.

I just hope that I am the only one that has issues with this shop. I will NOT recommend they to anybody, and certainly dont have anything good to say about them either.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:47 PM   #80
trackwhore

Drives: 06 Z06
There must be a lot being said. Having Ace as your go between. Never even going to the shop to pick up your car. You pay your bill they give you a break down of what they did to your car. I have had my blue bucket in there shop for around 25k of work in the last 12 months. Paid my bill when I picked up my car and they will give you a print out of what they did. Its pretty ****ing amazing. But wtf that is just me. I will text your buddy Ace and see what he has to say about it also....
trackwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:55 PM   #81
1ZL4FUN

Drives: Red Beast X2
First I would like to say I'm sorry your car broke. It is no fun. But this is simple and this is the nature of the business. Person spends a lot of money, abuses the car and breaks it, and then expects the shop to pay. You have to pay to play and if you break it you have to pay to fix it. There are very few parts that come with an unconditional warranty. Nearly all have an exclusion clause for abuse. The only one I can think of is Denny's nitrous drive shafts. It's really the last one you would ever have to buy. But back to our story. A shop owner also has the right to refuse service to anyone at anytime so he has no obligation to fix anything YOU broke. Stop being a baby. If you don't like it there is really no recourse. By your own admition you were abusing it so suck it up and get your car fixed here, there, or anywhere. I know it hurts but that's the way it goes. If you want to make a small fortune is drag racing you've got to start out with a BIG one.

On a side note I am not affiliated with Any shop in anyway. Just trying to keep it real.

(sold then stolen) 2015 Red ZL1 M6 VIN: G1FL1EP5F9800197

FOR SALE 1995 Patriot Red 95Z28 M6 Project car. Less than 100k miles. 95 corvette motor. All good parts, too much to list. Just needs someone to put it together.

(sold) 2002 CHP camaro B4C

(sold) White 95Z A4 best 11.891 @ 114.269 boltons & weight reduction. Yes, it was a record. 11/13/02
1ZL4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 09:18 PM   #82
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
I always hate to hear when someone gets taken advantage of. sucks ! Hope all works out well in your favor OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk