Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 11-24-2015, 01:09 AM   #1
2_C1LEAN

Drives: "Rocket"
HELP! PERFORMANCE+WHEEL+AUDIO shops in the Austin/Central TX area?!?!

What's up guys? I could really use your help here!

I'm finishing up my last 2 months on a project out here in India and I'll be moving back to Austin in less than 2 months. I recently bought my first Camaro, a Red Hot 2014 1LE and needless to say, I miss the thrill of driving and am eager to get some good work done on it in a short amount of time to enjoy what the car really has to offer.

I would appreciate it if yall would share some personal thoughts and experiences with reputable shops in the Central Texas area. I'm really big on customer service and having quality work done.

I'm hoping to have the following mods (both purchase and install) completed by the end of March, 2016:
--Cold air intake, LT headers, catback exhaust and subsequent dyno tune for the 3 engine mods (I've read great things about Henderson Performance in New Braunfels but not sure if they handle sales and installs at location)
--20 x 10.5's all around, progressive drop springs, and a brake pad upgrade to get rid of the rollers
--Full sound system upgrade: subs + 6.5 components + dual amp install and boston 6x9's delete (I will have a custom box fabricated and get ahold of all neccessary components to override the boston amp and use the factory head unit)
--25% window tint + Viper alarm system

The reason I found it necessary to ask the forum is because this is my daily driver so I would like to get the work done as close as possible (though I do have family in Houston, I would prefer to not lug a rental back and forth).

All inputs are appreciated, Thanks!
650rwhp/575rwtq Red Hot 2SS/RS 1LE w/ Recaro buckets // Cold Air Inductions intake // Kooks 1-7/8" LT headers // Borla S-type catback exhaust // Lingenfelter GT9 camshaft // LSA converted // Monster LT1-S twin disk clutch // Ferrada FR1's 10.5F/11.5R wrapped in 275/315 // Brake Performance dimpled and slotted rotors // Hotchkis 1" drop // JL Audio XD1000/5 amp + 12" W6 sub + C2 6.5's

Last edited by 2_C1LEAN; 11-24-2015 at 02:21 AM.
2_C1LEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
aquaholic

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Aikman performance in Cedar Park has a great reputation.
aquaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 07:00 PM   #3
2_C1LEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaholic View Post
Aikman performance in Cedar Park has a great reputation.
looked into it a little. i'll definitely give them a ring, thanks. if anybody has other suggestions / knows of a good audio shop i'm still listening!
650rwhp/575rwtq Red Hot 2SS/RS 1LE w/ Recaro buckets // Cold Air Inductions intake // Kooks 1-7/8" LT headers // Borla S-type catback exhaust // Lingenfelter GT9 camshaft // LSA converted // Monster LT1-S twin disk clutch // Ferrada FR1's 10.5F/11.5R wrapped in 275/315 // Brake Performance dimpled and slotted rotors // Hotchkis 1" drop // JL Audio XD1000/5 amp + 12" W6 sub + C2 6.5's
Old 11-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #4
KBordman

Drives: none yet
Aikman performance in Cedar Park did my cam, long tubes, and all other supporting mods. Jerry and Stacey the owners are top notch good people. They dont do audio though.
KBordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:34 PM   #5
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Too bad your not coming to Houston, our club definitely have these hook ups for members. You should reach out to San Antonio Camaro Club
or "Central Texas Camaro Coalition".
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #6
2_C1LEAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBordman View Post
Aikman performance in Cedar Park did my cam, long tubes, and all other supporting mods. Jerry and Stacey the owners are top notch good people. They dont do audio though.
Sure seems like it! They seem very knowledgeable and have been working up a build quote for the performance items listed. I've decided i've got to hunt down a good audio forum for that part of the work. Thanks for your help guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Too bad your not coming to Houston, our club definitely have these hook ups for members. You should reach out to San Antonio Camaro Club
or "Central Texas Camaro Coalition".
I've checked out the forums for several south Texas clubs since I bounce around cities for visits when I'm home, I'll definitely be at some events after I move back stateside. It'll be good to meet people and get some personal advice when the time comes. Thanks!