Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #1317
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
I don't know much, Pete, but THAT I knew!!!

How's the L28 look?!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #1318
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
With the ZL1's Curb Weight announced @ 4120 (6-speed, no sunroof, roughly 2SS Trim), it would behoove the Team to make things like MR and aux. coolers OPTIONAL on a ZEE, to keep Base Curb Weight (with 1SS Trim equivalent) below 3900...

Of course, a few of these Features aren't mandatory, either...

OTHER DETAILS:
Four-pack auxiliary guages (with boost readout)

Also- Standard...

Alloy pedal covers
6-way power driver and passenger seats
Heated leather high-performance seats with microfiber suede inserts
ZL1 sill plates

Bluetooth for select phones
Boston Acoustics premium nine-speaker system
Rear camera display in mirror
Rear park assist

USB port
PDIM (Preferred Device Interface Module)

XM Satellite with 3 trial months
Yes, now that the ZL1 Dealer list is out we can toss out and add to what would make the best factory Z28.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #1319
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Mac, some projects don't even see the "green light" until a few weeks/month or two before SEMA. What you will see @ SEMA '12 in unkown, for the most part, today. And what may be "planned" has a way of changing in the "unforeseeable future". GM, as a rule, does NOT commit all of their Show cars to the Aftermarket until (often) June or July and, as Pete has found out even at the 11th hour, suddenly something else arrives at your door that you bend over backwards to accommodate, if possible. That's when the 36-hour day would come in handy...
Its a crazy business!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #1320
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Some shops are better than others at planning, but with brand new platforms many of the upgrades being installed are either early development or prototypes that don't quite fit or work. These variables can throw a HUGE monkey wrench into the most organized and structured businesses. Then there are last minute OEM changes as in we just decided to release a vehicle to your shop for a SEMA build because fill-in-the-blank. Sometimes the build is such a reach, is so over the top a shop of Supermen would struggle to get it done.
Unplanned things happen sometimes even when you have the planning and timing set up for "on time". I was doing a dealer seminar for a fairly new music synthesizer model, I had one for a couple of months and had a few weeks to get the seminar ready. I wrote three original songs and fine tuned them to perfection for the seminar, while making some last minute tweaks three days before the seminar, we had a power brown out and I lost three weeks of work in seconds. So I had three days to recreate what I had done since I had not made recent backups, sure taught me a lot about backup your computer, back it up again, then back it up once more just in case. While this is sort of off topic, it goes to show that things can and do happen to delay the completion of a project.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #1321
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I never understood the last minute rush that you always see from car builders.

I have a secret for everyone..... SEMA will be next year around the same time. Start planning now!
The time it takes to complete a job expands or contracts depending on the amount of time allocated.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #1322
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Unplanned things happen sometimes even when you have the planning and timing set up for "on time". I was doing a dealer seminar for a fairly new music synthesizer model, I had one for a couple of months and had a few weeks to get the seminar ready. I wrote three original songs and fine tuned them to perfection for the seminar, while making some last minute tweaks three days before the seminar, we had a power brown out and I lost three weeks of work in seconds. So I had three days to recreate what I had done since I had not made recent backups, sure taught me a lot about backup your computer, back it up again, then back it up once more just in case. While this is sort of off topic, it goes to show that things can and do happen to delay the completion of a project.
Clyde
That was a brutal lesson on frequent back ups My guess is it went great after a couple of sleepless nights?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #1323
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
I hope they build the Z-28 soon. Many unfilled customers there will be for the ZL1, there is a void that can be filled with ease. There are no real sales the Z-28 would cut into with such a short supply of ZL1's in '12 & '13.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:20 PM   #1324
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
I said it before, once the ZL1 comes out see the increased need for a Z28 for numerous reasons.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #1325
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
That was a brutal lesson on frequent back ups My guess is it went great after a couple of sleepless nights?
It did, and since then I keep backups in three different formats in two different physical locations/buildings.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #1326
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Regarding "pent-up demand" for ZL1s: Is this a legitimate marketing opportunity for a lower-contented and -price-pointed ZEE? Seems to me, SSs and LS/LTs are quite plentiful, right now. Production "capacity", vehicle-wise, is not constrained. So, is the ZL1 "issue" one of component supply limitations (MR, 'chargers for LSAs, Brembos, etc.), or is GM simply being very cautious as they ramp up the ZL1? On the other hand, they haven't even released a PRICE yet, and the world is going crazy over "lists" that have evaporated...

Does a mid-$40s track-oriented, n/a ZEE make even MORE sense, now? Would it ease the angst being created by a short-supply ZL1, and give Oshawa another Model to keep showroom traffic/sales rolling??
Old 10-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #1327
JusticePete

Chevrolet and GM are quality conscious. I am thinking they are going slow on the ZL1 ramp up to insure quality. That commitment and pent up demand serendipitously come together for a great ZL1 launch. There is still demand for a NA Z/28 and just the Z/28 in general. It will be interesting to see how sales unfold across the Camaro range. If they are not up to budget I believe that really helps push the Z/28 into production as a 5th Gen. The flip side is the better overall Camaro sales are the more likely it is that the Z/28 will be held off for the 6th Gen.

How do a bunch of GM / Camaro guys root against the brand and name plate to get what we want? That is exactly what we have to do unless we can generate a sufficient buzz to bring the Z/28 back with a LS7 completely on a Z/28 business case. That brings us back to the premise of the thread. If they build the NA Z/28 the buyers will come in volume.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #1328
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Pete, you can lead for awhile, cuz we're dancin' to the same tune, my friend! And I'm "Dancing With A Star"!!
Old 10-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #1329
JusticePete

As loud and as often as possible.

Old 10-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #1330
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
I'm loving the look of the L/28.......... droool..
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
700 hp z/28 in 2014, the greatest camaro