Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #57
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
No other systems keep track of mileage etc. and when they are swapped and swapped back they will show a variance between the ECU and the other systems. Unless GM has it recorded from work they have done it will be a red flag.
Oh ok, they sure have gotten things complicated, I wouldn't doubt one day engine compartments will be sealed and only authorized service personnel will be allowed to break the seal then replace them when done. Like your electric meter at home.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #58

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Oh ok, they sure have gotten things complicated, I wouldn't doubt one day engine compartments will be sealed and only authorized service personnel will be allowed to break the seal then replace them when done. Like your electric meter at home.
lol...quit giving them ideas!..lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #59
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Sorta like that on my wife's Panamera...I wouldn't even dare think to touch that engine. As a matter of fact, I can't.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #60
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Sorta like that on my wife's Panamera...I wouldn't even dare think to touch that engine. As a matter of fact, I can't.
Yeah Porsche goes out of their way to make things over complicated so you don't even bother! lol

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:47 PM   #61
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by whemming View Post
Not sure if this has been addressed or not, but could you buy a separate ECM? Just take out the stock one...Install the separate ECM and tune that? then if you need to go in for repair..just put the original ECM back in.

Would this be a viable solution?
That can't and won't work with any car. The mileage won't match up because you drove around with a different PCM. And GM would know you have 2 PCMs as they would need to program the new one to work with your car. You can't just buy and install. On the older cars you could do a 30 minute learn for the security system but not anymore.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote