Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-20-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
subs firing into the back seat...

Ok... after much planning outside the car, I started to crawl around inside the car and see how feasible my planning would actually be...

Everything appears to fit, slight changes to a few plans, but nothing major... until I got to looking at the back of the back seat. It feels like the back of the seat is hard... the kind of hard that wouldnt be invisible to sound-waves like a regular foam seat.

So, I am reaching out to those that have tread this water before me, asking for input.

Anyone/Everyone that has/is firing subs into the back seat, how well or poorly does the sound pass through with the seat up? I am afraid its going to bounce off the hard backing of that seat and effectively kill the volume of the sub. I know ******** makes a forward firing enclosure now, so maybe Steve, you have some input? I know you and I have talked in the past about making me a custom enclosure, I am hoping that that can still happen.

I don't want to fire the subs backward into the trunk... so if the back seat causes a problem, I will have to fiberglass side enclosures (or look into the ******** side enclosures) and that will mean a full redesign of the amp rack, enclosure, wiring routes, etc...

Thanks
-Ryan

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
+1 on this as well. I just saw the front firing enclosure thanks to this post. I have been wanting to redesign my sub system allow for amp mounting and amps mounted on the trunks side would be nice and allow for better cooling. This new enclosure would be very nice. Am curious on this as well.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
cdigiovanni

Drives: 2010 SS2, 03 vette supercharged,

this was my orginal set up- although sounded great but i felt bass was trapped. as you mentioned the back of the seat are pretty hard.

prior to this set up i had a 18in sub running on 1000w RMS so maybe you can say i like q lot of BASS!
cdigiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdigiovanni View Post

this was my orginal set up- although sounded great but i felt bass was trapped. as you mentioned the back of the seat are pretty hard.

prior to this set up i had a 18in sub running on 1000w RMS so maybe you can say i like q lot of BASS!
I vaguely remember that setup from what seems like forever ago here... I am going to be pushing a pair of competition 10's.

The amp I am using is just over 32" wide and slightly over 11" tall so fitting it in the cutout between the box and the seat is going to be a no-go, since there will be zero space for cooling.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote