Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-20-2015, 09:35 AM   #1
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE RS, 2014 ZL1& 2024 ZL1
Arrow WILD1LE It's life continues (The Future looks Bright) [COTW 4/6/15]

Well I have been reading other people threads on the transforming and the story behind their cars and think wow this is wonderful stuff to read. So my story will definitely take a while to build and continue however it will continue to bring enjoyment. I may not have all the knowledge of many of the people on here, but will learn.
I have been married for 25 yrs and in 2013 my wife said I could go buy a car to enjoy as she believe after all the the yrs on having a farm, taking care of the family (have 1 son),horses and working hard I can. (of course limited budget) Well (don't jump down my throat yet as it get better here) I went and bought a 07 mustang GT and modded the crap out of it (loved the car as it was fun). But the story get better in Sept 2014. My wife and I decided to go car hunting for a used Camaro SS or even an used Mustang Shelby. We look around for a month pricing out cars and looking at them. Then looking at finance rates, miles and conditions of cars. Then we thought to just look at the new Camaros as we couldn't find what we really wanted used.
So into a dealership in Calgary we went into looking at new car pricing. We like the idea of a ZL1 but figured that I would want to change to HP rating anyways then why spend extra money on supercharged car already (did I mentioned my wife was trying to hold me to a budget aswell). However I wanted the black ZL1 rims and wider tires. That's when we learned about the 1LE packages (and this is were I started to learn more about the different Camaros). So we listed off the items we wanted and they were able to find 1 car matching our description is SASK.
2014 2SS RS 1LE Black. So late on a Saturday near closing time we pulled the trigger and said lets order this car. Recaros. Nav, Sunroof, 6 spd manual, loaded. Wife was happy and so was I. Car will shipped over and ready in a week for pick up.
Name:  new off the lot.jpg
Views: 4188
Size:  50.4 KB
to this
Name:  Fall time Camaro.jpg
Views: 4049
Size:  74.1 KB
and to this
Name:  oracle lights2.jpg
Views: 4179
Size:  131.5 KB
2015 Photo After Sturgis in Yellow Stone park
Name:  yellow stone park geyser.jpg
Views: 2372
Size:  75.8 KB
Splitter Installed
Name:  1LE Splitter Outside.jpg
Views: 2061
Size:  200.1 KB

Did I mentioned this was the best thing we have done. Will never look back.
- Magnuson HeartBeat TVS 2300 Supercharger (fit's under stock hood)
-ADM Dual Fuel Pump system and FPCM
- Water to Air Intercooler system
- High-flow fuel injectors
65lbs?
- Includes all brackets, hoses and pulleys, etc to connect to engine
- High-flow supercharger cold air intake with Carbon Fiber finish
- Upgraded supercharger pulley
- Oversize intercooler coolant reservoir
- American Racing long tube headers with high flow cats
- MSD 8.5mm Super conductor wire set
- Koolsox spark plug wire insulators
- Lingenfelter GT-14 Supercharger specific camshaft (223/235 duration @ .050 lift - .610/.620 lift with 1.7 rocker 115.0 CL )
- Dual valve springs with titanium retainers/hardened locks
- Includes all new gaskets and seals
- Includes professional installation and custom dyno tuning

-Elite Catch Can
-Borla S catback exhaust
-Tinted windows
-Fender Hash Marks
-Oracle Ghost side marker lights
-3@ 1/LE custom emblems
-Custom Plate WILD1LE
-Bowtie Blackouts
-SS Blackout
-Motul RBF600 Dot4 Brake fluid
-Goodridge stainless brake lines
-Hawk HPS 5.0 Front/Rear Pads
-Granatelli Front/Rear Extreme Performance dimpled / slotted rotors
-Hurst roll control
-BRM “1 lowering springs
-Cat Deletes system

-Brushed Alum ABS cover painted gloss black
-Brushed Alum Wire cover painted gloss black
-Xkglow Blue LEDS, interior, under body, grill. (Wife wanted these so made her happy)
-Gorilla Lock Black Acorn Lug Nuts
-Front tow bracket
- Areo Concept Splitter (Replaced with APR Carbon Fibre Splitter)and 10mm Wind Splitter Rods
-McLeod RXT twin disc clutch 1000hp rating

-Michelin PSS 285/35/20 fronts and 315/35/20 K2's Rears
-1LE Rim gloss black with pearl and 2 costs clear
-SCT4X Tuner
-17"x4.5" Race Star Front rims with M&H 4.5/17x28" biss DOT
-18"x10.5" Race Star Rear Rims with Mickey Thompson 305/45/18 ET Street R

700/633 91Octane Street Tune=750/670 VP109 Race Tune TVS2300 Heartbeat SC,ADM Dual Fuel Pumps/ Module, BRM lowered 1", performance rotors, hawks pads, SS Braided lines, GT-14cam, 78mm pulley, AR LT Headers, Cat Deletes, Borla S catback, tinted, 1/LE emblems, 65lb Injectors, Elite catch can,dual valve springs, titanium retainers, super conductor wires and insulators, Robo Fab CAI, Oversize intercooler reservoir, Oracle ghost side markers, Black out Bowties & SS,ZL1 splash guards, Michelin PSS. Built and tuned by Davenport Motorsports (WILD1LE)

Last edited by PlatinumIce; 05-14-2018 at 02:40 PM.
PlatinumIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 09:42 AM   #2
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

So now the enjoyment of the day we picked it, I was happy all week waiting and waiting for the next Saturday to pick up this car. So up early in morning hounding my wife to hurry up so we head down as it was 3 1/2 hr drive for us 1 way to get the car. The dealership has completed the undercoating, some 3M, paint protection and interior. Car was ready for the new owners. And as soon as the car get home the slight changing from stock begins. Here is a photo of my son and I stopping for a coffee and headed home.
Name:  Chevy and Ford together both mine tho.jpg
Views: 4351
Size:  91.9 KB
700/633 91Octane Street Tune=750/670 VP109 Race Tune TVS2300 Heartbeat SC,ADM Dual Fuel Pumps/ Module, BRM lowered 1", performance rotors, hawks pads, SS Braided lines, GT-14cam, 78mm pulley, AR LT Headers, Cat Deletes, Borla S catback, tinted, 1/LE emblems, 65lb Injectors, Elite catch can,dual valve springs, titanium retainers, super conductor wires and insulators, Robo Fab CAI, Oversize intercooler reservoir, Oracle ghost side markers, Black out Bowties & SS,ZL1 splash guards, Michelin PSS. Built and tuned by Davenport Motorsports (WILD1LE)
Old 02-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #3
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

So in late Sept we learned about these Camaro club and joined the Central Alberta Camaro club and did our first cruise to Drumheller Badlands and I that what changed everything. Got to meet some incredible car people who now I have become friend with. So before that cruise we did our first simple mod. We tinted the side windows lightly and darken the back window. Added extend rocker guard 3M and door handle pouches 3M (protection is always good in Alberta) Here is us at the cruise and a group later on having Lunch. Our real first cruise with other car enthusiasts. Camaro owners are amazing group of people.
[ATTACH]Name:  Camaro5 Chance Last  Saloon.jpg
Views: 4250
Size:  218.9 KB[/ATTACH]
Attached Images

Last edited by PlatinumIce; 02-21-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 09:58 AM   #4
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Nice!

you should have a button that you can hit that plays Iggy Pops Real Wild Child (Wild One) on a loop.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:09 PM   #5
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

So as I try to remember everything that was completed before this time. We purchased some ZL1 splash guards due to these Supercar G's picking up little rocks. The of course order a Car cover from GM.
Name:  Winter Naps.jpg
Views: 4109
Size:  124.9 KB
Old 02-20-2015, 04:20 PM   #6
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

As I seen more and more Camaro's and listening to the different sounds people had, I want to change mine up as well. So order a new exhaust cat back system from Ont. Borla "S" cat back. Can't find my install photos, maybe later at it
Name:  Borla S exhuast cat back.jpg
Views: 4155
Size:  36.0 KB
Name:  Exhaust replacement.jpg
Views: 4117
Size:  73.3 KB

Last edited by PlatinumIce; 02-20-2015 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:26 PM   #7
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

So now the exhaust is installed, there was a fund raiser in St.Alberts for Make a Wish Foundation in Oct including Camaro clubs, Hot Rod clubs and others. So now I get to go to another outing with cars for a good cause. Mid Oct and no snow on the ground yet, decent weather and away we went with new exhaust.Best 2 parts,donations to the fund and seeing other muscle cars. I swear I was like a little kid at a candy store seeing all these cars and people together, everyone looking at each other cars and talking with the owners.
Name:  DSC_4192awww.jpg
Views: 4157
Size:  215.8 KB

Name:  DSC_4198awww.jpg
Views: 4102
Size:  133.2 KB

Last edited by PlatinumIce; 02-21-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:31 PM   #8
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
That is awesome. Love where you folks chose for a cruise. Got to love the 1LE -- beautiful car! Congrats!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 04:34 PM   #9
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

So now I see these others car, people having a vision of what they wanted for their cars I began thinking about what we wanted. Being horse people we wanted something to included our horses. While trying to find custom plates, everything we came up with was gone or not us. This is were we decided on WILD1LE, using the wild horse theme. So now we have something to start our build on, it may not end up that way but a start neither the less.
Name:  WILD1LE.jpg
Views: 3877
Size:  8.4 KB
Old 02-20-2015, 04:45 PM   #10
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

OKay, now that I have a theme I started talking with Steve from Davenport Motorsports on engine mods, well where I first started and to where I am today is a bit of a change . But I will explain that later on in this story. However I thought and learned more about the Heartbeat Supercharger from Magnuson (ps which doesn't happen until later ). So to have a WILD1LE plate I decided to add lettering to my motor strut brace to continue making sense of this build. So friends at CarPretty in Edmonton printed some letters up and I enjoyed putting them on. The photo will explain the direction I am going in. So this is put on before any motor mods.
Name:  Strut Brace Stock.jpg
Views: 4138
Size:  62.9 KB
Old 02-20-2015, 04:48 PM   #11
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

The wife took car out for a late Oct cruise for a photo and this was taken before parking for winter and more mods continued
Name:  Fall time Camaro.jpg
Views: 4077
Size:  74.1 KB
Old 02-20-2015, 04:57 PM   #12
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

Well winter has officially hit in November and the Camaro safely parked in the garage. Well I have been looking at 1/LE emblems from emblem pro and my wife said go ahead , order them (Happy Birthday). So woohoo thanks honey I did. Took a month put worth the wait. So I remove the trunk SS emblem and install 1 new emblem in it place. I was going t remove the Camaro emblems on the fender but was wife wanted to keep them. Well we share the car so I am ok with it. I installed the emblems under the Camaro logo (can remove later if need be)
Name:  emblem mod 2.jpg
Views: 4111
Size:  88.9 KB

Name:  1LE davenport2.jpg
Views: 4171
Size:  65.8 KB
Old 02-20-2015, 05:33 PM   #13
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

So now back to one of my bigger decision that had my stomach in knots (believe it or not this was a more difficult decision then I expected). I final decided to go for a dream of mine and that is to have a Supercharged car. So afterwork I phoned Davenport and said the BIG words, lets do this. Let's Supercharge my car with the Heartbeat and I put my down my down payment. This would be Davenports first 1LE Camaro they have put a Heartbeat on, even tho they have done Vettes, ZL1's.We planned to have my car trailer down in end of Feb. Oh course that happened sooner then that. But before getting there , there was a few things I had added to the cars. While it was Christmas time 2014 and my wife got me a few tools to help with the future of cruising. Love her dearly and here is what she got. A Camaro survive kit.
Name:  Camaro survival kit.jpg
Views: 4282
Size:  157.4 KB

Last edited by PlatinumIce; 02-21-2015 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:43 PM   #14
PlatinumIce
WILD CANADIAN HEARTBEAT

Well folks it is time to speed forward a bit to Jan 2015 (still in the past). So now that I know its time we pulled the Camaro out of the garage and tried loading it on the trailer, but having problems because it would only spin. Thanks god being horse people we had hay which we throw under the tires to load. Cold winter day and the sun is shinning. Here we are all loaded up and ready to leave the next day down to Calgary on a 3 1/2 hr drive.
Name:  DSC_5246.jpg
Views: 4121
Size:  107.0 KB

Name:  DSC_5278.jpg
Views: 4099
Size:  109.5 KB

Name:  DSC_5286.jpg
Views: 4091
Size:  116.3 KB

Name:  DSC_5329.jpg
Views: 4054
Size:  112.8 KB