Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in meeting weekly in Mission Valley?
Yes, without a doubt! 3 30.00%
No, I have too many other things on my plate 2 20.00%
Maybe, depending on the time. 5 50.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
DVader
DVader

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
So Many SoCal Groups

I was just reading a thread the Arizona All Camaro Club page about how they are hold regular meets and meetings, at least once a week. They meet at the same place, same time, and sometimes they cruise, sometimes they don't. Anyway, I was thinking to myself, how we really don't do this in the San Diego area. Yes, there is Cars and Coffee every second Saturday in Carlsbad, but if you look at the bigger picture we have SO MANY groups here that hold their own events (always inviting everyone) that we don't have many big gatherings.
Look at this partial list:

SoCal Invasion
SoCal Mayhem
IECC
HeadTurners

Each of these outstanding groups hold local events. My favorite, although I've yet to make it (because it's 100 miles away) is CamaroNation. Why don't we have a CamaroNation in the San Diego area? I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks about this.

This was written because I have time on my hands and was just wondering.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Old 11-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
DVader
DVader

I forgot, there's also the CCSD (Camaro Club of San Diego). CCSD, as far as I can tell, has been around since 1992. The last post I can find from CCSD was from back in 2010. There is also SoCal Camaro, who has sporadic, yet epic events.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
i do like the nation meet every month. other clubs should have something similar once a month.

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Pretty much location driven, I think. Mayhem and HT are OC/LA area..Invasion north of LA...IECC in that area…SD down in this area. I've gone to all of the other club meets. IECC once, Mayhem a bunch of times, different SD groups. Just think it's hard to coordinate a day when all are available. Places like AZ are more centralized. A CamaroNations SD would be great. Can I still come…even though I don't have my Camaro anymore?

And you forgot SoCal crew!
Old 11-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
DVader
DVader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro View Post
i do like the nation meet every month. other clubs should have something similar once a month.
One of these nights I'll suck it up and make the drive..but that's not a cheap run..200 miles roundtrip, on a Friday..after being in school all day (I'm a teacher)...yeah, I know I'm whining...

I will make it tomorrow to the Cars and Coffee in Carlsbad. Hopefully there will be a decent crowd. I miss hanging out with Camaro loving people.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
DVader
DVader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyG View Post
Pretty much location driven, I think. Mayhem and HT are OC/LA area..Invasion north of LA...IECC in that area…SD down in this area. I've gone to all of the other club meets. IECC once, Mayhem a bunch of times, different SD groups. Just think it's hard to coordinate a day when all are available. Places like AZ are more centralized. A CamaroNations SD would be great. Can I still come…even though I don't have my Camaro anymore?
Gunny, we all know you bleed Camaro..even though you have opted for that retired man's auto.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVader View Post
Gunny, we all know you bleed Camaro..even though you have opted for that retired man's auto.
I resemble that remark! LoL!
Old 11-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #8
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
Agreed. We are going to try and make a twice a month/monthly meet. Our first meet is this Sunday. Apparently its a biiig parking lot and sounds like we will have a big turn out. Everyones welcome.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326307

Also, GunnyG is correct about the clubs being location driven.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #9
DVader
DVader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyJester7 View Post
Agreed. We are going to try and make a twice a month/monthly meet. Our first meet is this Sunday. Apparently its a biiig parking lot and sounds like we will have a big turn out. Everyones welcome.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326307

Also, GunnyG is correct about the clubs being location driven.
y

He's absolutely right. Just looking at the link you sent, that's 150 miles away from east county. Easily a full tank of gas and 5 hours on the road (with traffic considerations). While I think the even will be awesome, I know that I'm not alone in thinking that there's no way I'm going to drive 300 round trip miles, most of which will be in traffic, to attend the event.

We really do need a SD CamaroNation meet.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #10
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVader View Post
y

He's absolutely right. Just looking at the link you sent, that's 150 miles away from east county. Easily a full tank of gas and 5 hours on the road (with traffic considerations). While I think the even will be awesome, I know that I'm not alone in thinking that there's no way I'm going to drive 300 round trip miles, most of which will be in traffic, to attend the event.

We really do need a SD CamaroNation meet.
didnt think you would. . .just saying we are trying to arrange a monthly meet similiar to what you are trying to do.

If it was the opposite and I had to make that 5 hour drive I wouldnt haha . . . well if I knew it was going to be a huuuge meet then I might.

We do have some SD members that will be coming tho. . .
Old 11-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Drives: Autobot
something like CamaroNation would be cool.... in a centralized area where distance wouldnt be too much of an issue.. SD tho is a little further than the OC/LA/Valley region up here.. events like Motor 4 Toys are the ones that bring in people from everywhere regardless of distance..
Old 11-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #12
robscamaro
TAZ

Drives: 2SSRS Black Gray stripes
Offer free food and beer. I am sure you will have plenty of Camaros then!! LOL!!!
robscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #13
DVader
DVader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
something like CamaroNation would be cool.... in a centralized area where distance wouldnt be too much of an issue.. SD tho is a little further than the OC/LA/Valley region up here.. events like Motor 4 Toys are the ones that bring in people from everywhere regardless of distance..
Motor 4 Toys is a great community support event. I'd be up for that even it were in N. LA

I think I'm going to look around and see if there is somewhere central (Mission Valley?) we could meet weekly...that is, if there is enough of a desire from locals.

I guess I'm trying to gauge interest here.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #14
DVader
DVader

Poll is posted. I'm thinking a CamaroNation South.