Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
Airmaster
Go Gators!

Drives: Camaro Jeep Abarth 944 325i
Question Magnaflow Catback vs SOLO Catback

So, I've searched the threads quite a bit and there isn't a really good one comparing these two systems on the LFX engine (or LLT engine for that matter), so I'm deciding to make my own.

I've listened to quite a few videos and such and I'm leaning towards magnaflow, but I've been told to beware of the drone. I previously had a magnaflow on my old Mazda B3000 (V6) and loved it so I don't think the drone (if there was one) bothered me much.

But if anyone would like to chime in with their opinion, I'm all ears.

I will be installing the SOLO high flow cats to go along with either one of the systems I buy.

BTW, if anyone with either of these systems is located in South Florida, let me know, I'd love to hear them in person!

Thanks!
Airmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
Yohan

Drives: 2012 Camaro V6 1LT
Go with the SOLO! Just as good as any other, but is lower priced, and has the cool j-pipes to custom tune it to your liking if needed

Im in Broward area, BTW.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #3
delta6
USN-MSC

Drives: 2012 Camaro TF3 #427
The sound will be different for a cat back...it's gonna sound like a performance car rather than a growling sound like the axle back. I got mine with a combination of mrt v2 and custom tip....love it.
delta6 is offline   Reply With Quote