Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #57
MarcZ

Drives: 94z28, 70 z28 clone project
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
I've looked at several Colorados at dealerships. If its not the same color, why is it still called Inferno Orange Metallic? I seriously doubt they would have two different orange colors with the same name.
Guys, I registered here just to post this about the color.

The same colors (codes/names) have variances between cars. Some can be the same, but more often than not there are differences in colors, some very subtle, like in most silvers, other quite drastic where you may think it's a different code completely, but it's just different metallics. At work, we use VIN numbers of car 03+ to tell us which variance to use when painting a car. We put in the code and get many different choices - greener, lighter, darker, bluer, etc. A lot can be said for the lighting of a room and the way a picture can distort a color. If this were taken in the sun, I would not question it, only say possible camera angle distortion, but an indoor car show....lots of different lights.

The color you are seeing quite possibly, IS your beloved orange. Aside from all I just said, there is no reason why GM would have a show car with a different orange than what they are putting on the camaro. But you never know. I just thought I'd throw that in there. Although I've seen the other available pictures of the color at this forum, and I would come to the same conclusion. Not sure why it looks so red in those pics, an awful "orange" if that's how it turns out looking. I hope I'm right and it's more orange as shown here, but the science is sort of against that hope, being that the first available pics were taken in the sun.....crappy camera maybe?
MarcZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #58
GEARHEAD

Drives: 2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp G
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcZ View Post
Guys, I registered here just to post this about the color.

The same colors (codes/names) have variances between cars. Some can be the same, but more often than not there are differences in colors, some very subtle, like in most silvers, other quite drastic where you may think it's a different code completely, but it's just different metallics. At work, we use VIN numbers of car 03+ to tell us which variance to use when painting a car. We put in the code and get many different choices - greener, lighter, darker, bluer, etc. A lot can be said for the lighting of a room and the way a picture can distort a color. If this were taken in the sun, I would not question it, only say possible camera angle distortion, but an indoor car show....lots of different lights.

The color you are seeing quite possibly, IS your beloved orange. Aside from all I just said, there is no reason why GM would have a show car with a different orange than what they are putting on the camaro. But you never know. I just thought I'd throw that in there.
In my opinion there's no way that is IOM. I've never seen IOM look that nice in any light, either in person or in pictures.
GEARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #59
MarcZ

Drives: 94z28, 70 z28 clone project
yea, I was looking over the other picture while typing it up and almost deleted the whole post, but I thought I'd at least let you know of the possibility and the fact that two cars can have the same color code/name and look quite different.

BTW, I strike that part about it being a crappy camera.
MarcZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #60
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD View Post
In my opinion there's no way that is IOM. I've never seen IOM look that nice in any light, either in person or in pictures.
I would tend to agree with you...but if you look at the 5th photo posted...of the open engine bay...there is a different "orange hue" that is closest to the photographer. That orange looks like IOM that has been seen in some "upclose" shots out in the sun.

It could be the lighting...or it just could be a different color to get the people's attention.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #61
GEARHEAD

Drives: 2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp G
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
I would tend to agree with you...but if you look at the 5th photo posted...of the open engine bay...there is a different "orange hue" that is closest to the photographer. That orange looks like IOM that has been seen in some "upclose" shots out in the sun.

It could be the lighting...or it just could be a different color to get the people's attention.
I was looking at the Bowtie under the hood. There is no direct light shining on it, and if it was IOM the bowtie would look Red. The bowtie in the picture still looks orange without light shining on it. Plus I don't see any metal flake.
GEARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:58 AM   #62
fixxer56
Thin Blue Line

Drives: ABM 2LT/RS #10094
Send a message via AIM to fixxer56
I've seen the IOM on a hummer 3 last week on a cloudy, rainy day and the color did not pop under those lighting conditions, but it was not as bright in these photos and the metallic flakes were obvious in the paint. I also have a H3 in what the camaro calls cyber grey. It does not shine under those lighting conditions either. Until we see a camaro in IOM at a car show in person, we won't know for sure what they're giving us. I personally feel that all the camaro colors should be a metallic paint.Red, yellow and black would look much better in metallic in my opinion. I . Loohad doubts about the IOM on my camaro until I saw it on the H3. Look, for a H3, H2, Colorado or a Solstice at a local dealer and judge for yourself. You've still got time to decide.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:14 AM   #63
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
That orange is sick !! I can't wait for this bad boy to hit the streets !!
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:25 AM   #64
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post
Mission accomplished
Ditto......

This orange is so awesome

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 AM   #65
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
This orange looks like real ORANGE, plain and simple. IOM looks red most of the time and since there are two reds already in Victory red and Jewel red, why have another color that closely looks like red in certain lightening conditions. Below is a Lambo in orange that is clearly orange.

inferno orange gxp
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/busyboy/...ood%5Fopen.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...s/P1000659.jpg

camaro render in iom which does not look like any IOM I have seen and if you look closely this orange render looks similar to the Lambo orange.. So I hope the orange we get looks like this picture below and not like the Solstice GXP or hummer in IOM I've seen in person.

Last edited by Supermans; 11-12-2008 at 09:01 AM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #66
xl1200r

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS/SC
Why are you guys so obsessed with painting your car like a safety cone?
xl1200r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #67
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by xl1200r View Post
That's your opinion - why do people want colors like all other cars?
So you can blend in with a Taurus

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #68
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
The color is called Hugger Orange:
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2008, 09:09 AM   #69
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by xl1200r View Post
I like safety cones Ever watch The Dukes of Hazzard? Muscle cars and orange go together..

Hugger Orange would be my number 1 choice if it was offered. Cyber Grey and Imperial Blue are my second and third choices behind Hugger Orange if it were offered. Inferno Orange just looks red under most lightening conditions which I understand some people love that color on the Solstice as it has a following. People describe it as a burnt reddish orange. For me, when I look at orange I don't want to see any red. I want it to look like the orange I am holding in my hand at the grocery store.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #70
2MA

Drives: 1985 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Oh My God...That Orange is Killer!...that can't be IOM..Someone please confirm that color..Why does GM do this??..maybe thats going to be a color for the vert..dayum..I would be changing colors if that was offered.
This is probably gonna make me look dumb but wats IOM?
2MA is offline   Reply With Quote