Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 08-09-2011, 11:06 PM   #29
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarovigoa View Post
i would love to see that
I have a built 2j. On pump gas im making over 800 at the rear wheels. I have raced plenty of cars and bikes. Only lost to a busa. Ill run liter bikes all day long. Camaros are fast don't get me wrong but my camaro has had more problems than any of my supras or dsms. And I still get 27mpg on the highway out of boost.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #30
freddyboy

Drives: cybergray ls v6
i don't think twin turbo mk3 aren't stock so he'll probably win. but then again its a 20 year old car and maybe he hasn't kept up with maintanence. i love both cars, especially the last gen twin turbo supras.
freddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #31
ya boy willz

Drives: 2011 IOM LS, 2011 CGM LS
Are you going to actually race him just for fun? or this another bench racing thread?

Edit: I of course mean race him at the local track with time slips and a video.

2011 CGM LS- Injen CAI, Vmax Ported TB, Vmax Black Ice O'Lator, Carbon Fiber Bowties, Carbon Fiber Gills, Factory Spoiler, Stock SS Exhaust w/ Magnaflow x-pipe welded in & stock muffler delete, Miro 112 18x8.5 +35
ya boy willz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #32
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
supra? more like poopra! boom!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #33
BlackenedSS

Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchbookSS View Post
Granted, I realize that this is a domestic site, and that there are plenty of "backwoods" good ole boy types, and just plain, old-fashioned ignorant people out there, I come from the same background...but "Jap" is a racist term used loosely still...good job at sounding ignorant.

And if he's modded, or swapped, you'll lose.
How is saying a car is Jap racist but calling it RICE is OK?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #34
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackenedSS View Post
"Rice" isn't an offensive racist term like "Jap". That's like calling a US car "steak" or a German car "sauerkraut" or an Italian car "linguini".
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #35
big hammer

Quote:
how is the term jap even racist? it's not derogatory in any way. it just references a point of origin.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:10 PM   #36
BlackenedSS

Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black Camaro
Quote:
Quote:
I don't. I owned a TT Mk IV when I lived in Japan. Clean Mk IV's can easily go for more thank 30k...still.

Well, you'd be half-correct. You've also illustrated just how much of a dipshit you are. And an ignorant one at that. That term doesn't refer to Japanese, genius. Might want to brush up on your pejorative and derogatory terms. Though, I imagine, you may need a dictionary for a couple of the words I just used, eh?

Oh, and...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
"Rice" isn't an offensive racist term like "Jap". That's like calling a US car "steak" or a German car "sauerkraut" or an Italian car "linguini".
I don't want to turn this into something that its not so ill just drop it. Don't think the guy was making a racist statment but more of an abriviation. Don't know the guy so could be wrong. Wouldn't U.S. cars be more BBQ though
Old 08-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #37
DSL84

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Location: Live in Houston, grew up in New Orleans, LSU Class of 90'
Let's not get overly sensitive.
DSL84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:03 PM   #38
Numchuk

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Send a message via Skype™ to Numchuk
OP here, your right, he told me its not twin turbo but a single turbo but he said he tuned his boost so idk, nevertheless I still wouldn't mind facing him,
Friendly race btw but we both wanna take our cars to the track sooner or later ha
Numchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #39
MatchbookSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
how is the term jap even racist? it's not derogatory in any way. it just references a point of origin.
Ignorance.

So I suppose calling someone a Japanese person a "Nip" isn't racist, since it's simply a shortened reference to "Nippon"? Which is the Japanese name for their country?

Or calling a Korean a "Gook", since it's what the American GI's during Korea coined the Koreans after "Hangook", the Korean language. Which ironically enough, most white Americans use to reference the wrong ethnicities...

Keep telling yourself the same backwoods rationales that people use to continue to use antiquated, pejorative terminology. Go ahead, start using the word "colored" while you're at it. Do you need a dictionary for pejorative?

I was raised white Irish in a back country farm town, I'm a meathead, conservative, and a former Marine, a combination bred for dumb and ignorant. So, if I know this shit, then people who don't are just plain ignorant.
MatchbookSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #40
big hammer

Quote:
Ignorance.

So I suppose calling someone a Japanese person a "Nip" isn't racist, since it's simply a shortened reference to "Nippon"? Which is the Japanese name for their country?

Or calling a Korean a "Gook", since it's what the American GI's during Korea coined the Koreans after "Hangook", the Korean language. Which ironically enough, most white Americans use to reference the wrong ethnicities...

Keep telling yourself the same backwoods rationales that people use to continue to use antiquated, pejorative terminology. Go ahead, start using the word "colored" while you're at it. Do you need a dictionary for pejorative?

I was raised white Irish in a back country farm town, I'm a meathead, conservative, and a former Marine, a combination bred for dumb and ignorant. So, if I know this shit, then people who don't are just plain ignorant.
the terms you are comparing "jap" to are racial slang. not a point of origin like jap is. by your logic we cant even call a car made in the united states a US car. abbreviations are racist now!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #41
MatchbookSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
the terms you are comparing "jap" to are racial slang. not a point of origin like jap is. by your logic we cant even call a car made in the united states a US car. abbreviations are racist now!!!
Did you even bother clicking the link I posted earlier? Or are you one of the many non-reading, special children on this board? A quick google seach of ethnic slurs would immediately show you several compiled lists all of which include, "Jap", among them.

Furthermore, I can tell you that, from living in Japan, and having many close Japanese and Japanese-American friends, that no, "Jap", is not considered to be a "point of origin". Consider yourself educated, the next time you're among polite company.

And honestly, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, because, when by any of my logic, have I even insinuated even close to this point. Did you eat lead paint chips as a child?
MatchbookSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #42
big hammer

Quote:
Did you even bother clicking the link I posted earlier? Or are you one of the many non-reading, special children on this board? A quick google seach of ethnic slurs would immediately show you several compiled lists all of which include, "Jap", among them.

Furthermore, I can tell you that, from living in Japan, and having many close Japanese and Japanese-American friends, that no, "Jap", is not considered to be a "point of origin". Consider yourself educated, the next time you're among polite company.

And honestly, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, because, when by any of my logic, have I even insinuated even close to this point. Did you eat lead paint chips as a child?

oh you have jap friends. i'm sure they are grateful that you feel the need to get offended for them because somebody may abbreviate japanese down to jap.

freakin liberals. yeesh. where will they stop?