Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-27-2009, 11:35 PM   #29
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Oh ya, and as far as batteries go, my 1986 duracells lasted the whole camping trip.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:13 AM   #30
CosmicTrucker

Drives: 04 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumleb View Post
I will ask for the old parts. Evidence right.... I asked the service advisor what the life of the battery should be. He said 4 years. So I said, if it goes bad in a year, it's covered, right. With this happening, speculations are that the life of the battery is compromised.
The battery is last on my short list of things to worry about. (unless you saw smoke and flames, then don't worry about it)

Also, any parts replaced under warranty are shipped back to GM. The customer will never see the defective part, much less be given the parts to take home.

I was also wondering why the dealer clocked 17 miles before handing you the keys. Did they have your permission to do so?
CosmicTrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:20 AM   #31
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
that's good that it was not something major and i am glad you are getting your car back

TEAM LLT

1992 Camaro Rs Convertible
2011 Camaro 1lt Rs
25thanniversary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:22 AM   #32
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
I'm extremely happy it was not that bad, that being said i'm sure the experience was terrible. I'm happy your getting your car back soon and everything should be ok. Oh one last thing I called it, same thing had happened to me. Check the link out on the other thread.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...551#post436551
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:39 AM   #33
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTrucker View Post
I was also wondering why the dealer clocked 17 miles before handing you the keys. Did they have your permission to do so?
Yeah dude, what the hell is up with that? Is this Ferris Bueller's Effin' Day Off??
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:51 AM   #34
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
...And the Camaro lived?

Exact same thing happened to my Exploder.. but the electrical system wasn't so lucky. Engine wiring harness, Starter, Battery, 3 days labor, and a box full of fuses later they handed it back to me with a 2K bill..

Not to mention the cleanup from the partially exploded battery.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:51 AM   #35
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Glad you got it resolved Bumleb. A few people (including me) were really curious about this one. Fill us in with as much information and pictures as possible when you get your car back. Please have them show you where they routed the new cable and take pictures if you can.

BTW -- batteries +100 to the optima red top. If you haven't ever used one, you haven't a clue.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:15 AM   #36
ricku1967

Drives: sold it
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommandoSS View Post
There's a difference between starting a 2.0L v4 Cobalt and a 8.1L Big Block V8 that sits in my avalanche. GM only drops a 600 CCA battery which is the same battery they use with the 5.3L V8's that are in 1500 Suburbans, tahoes, avy's, etc. I'm sure the stock battery's are fine when they have to turn over smaller engines.

No such luck here. I had the same thing that happened to z06invb happen to me in my 02 suburban. Battery leaked acid, we saw new stains on the garage floor but didn't think anything of it. Dad goes to start the car one day to come home from work and nothing happens. Everything dies, power locks, etc. When we went to remove the battery, terminals fell out, acid went everywhere. F'd battery tray - had to get a new one. (luckily that's all it damaged) Dropped in an optima - car started better, maintained voltage better, lights were brighter, etc. Great purchase and the battery still runs strong to this day.
I own a battery business and delco side post batteries are famous for the terminals leaking and falling out, its a design flaw and delco knows of the problem and refuses to fix the problem. Thats why I do not sell delco batteries. I did notice that the battery in the new camaro is a top post so that shouldn't be a problem. I thought that was kinda of weird since 98% of GM's cars take side post batteries. A optima battery would be a great replacement battery, they are very good batteries, well before Johnson controls (interstate) bought them out lol just kidding they are still good batteries.
ricku1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:38 AM   #37
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricku1967 View Post
A optima battery would be a great replacement battery, they are very good batteries, well before Johnson controls (interstate) bought them out lol just kidding they are still good batteries.
Did not know that. Interstate better not screw up a good thing. Optima batteries are about a bullet proof as they get.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:41 AM   #38
ricku1967

Drives: sold it
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post
Did not know that. Interstate better not screw up a good thing. Optima batteries are about a bullet proof as they get.
yes, interstate bought them out a few years ago. Thank god the quality is still the same, the only thing that changed after the buy out was the price, it went up lol.
ricku1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:10 AM   #39
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Sweet! Glad it wasn't anything serious.
snizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:20 AM   #40
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
It was the decepticons. This is their M.O. They do something and make it look like us humans did it. :-)

Glad you got it fixed.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:24 AM   #41
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
i hope everybody who gave the OP a hard time will rethink their responses in the future BEFORE they hit the enter button.

My special ordered '87 IROC was great for the first 4hrs. I owned it.
For some reason i decided to check the headlights. No headlights.
got it to the dealer before it turned dark. Spent the first day of ownership driving a '84
S10 pickup.
Diagnosis: One of the electric fans rubbed through the wire assembly for the headlights.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 07:02 AM   #42
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
i hope everybody who gave the OP a hard time will rethink their responses in the future BEFORE they hit the enter button.
^ ^ What he said! ^ ^

Glad it got fixed pronto and it was an easy one. Hopefully this is the last and only one for you! Lets blame it on the Swine Flu.

ALSO - the dealer put THAT many miles on it before delivery ! ? ! ? !

(And are we looking at another QC holdback issue ?!?!?!)

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote