Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

View Poll Results: What package should I get
Package 1 11 40.74%
Package 2 3 11.11%
Package 3 1 3.70%
Package 4 12 44.44%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 02:45 AM   #141
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
2 Suprises that I'll post when I get back from the Southwest Regional next saturday.

Stay Tuned...
Old 04-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #142
St33lsinger
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 1 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donked View Post
Yo car iz HELLA wet! Too bad you ain't got no bLadeZ on it.
AA What??

Had: 69' RS, 78' Z28, 98' SS Have: 2010 1RS/SS
Old 04-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #143
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Well, after being in the RK Sport Booth for the SouthWestern Family Reunion show at Steve Millen in Costa Mesa, I have a few new pictures to show off.

I got about 4 hours of sleep in 3 days preparing and helping out with for this event, driving to LA right after work at 3am, getting to Haddad Motorsports at 9am. They installed my Pedders Xa coilovers and Mike gave me a lesson on suspension while I was there for the day. He even took me on his infamous test track and showed me the differences, and when my car was done, I could feel the differences exactly where he said I would. Mike's a stand up guy who really knows his cars and loves his job of building them.

After coilovers were installed, a local guy named Benny who had tinted TripleB's car and Yoshi's car, came out from Culver City to tint my windows on the spot and did an awesome job tinting my windows. The car was ready for the show, or so I thought.

I ended up crashing on someone's couch so I didn't have to get a hotel, and was able to take a few shots of the sunset and both our cars in her driveway. Staying at the Hollyday Inn was very cozy and the owner really made me feel welcome during my stay. Thanks Hoddi!

That night, as I was getting ready to go to sleep, Trevor (Tlong_927) calls and says he has some goodies for me. He comes over and installs my show panel and gives me my matching dash plaque. Now the car is really ready for the show.

The next morning, I'm up at 6:15, and lounge around while I wake up. I get to Stillen about 8:15 and start setting up for the show. About 30-45 minutes later, caravans start rolling in, and it becomes a madhouse. Dyno Runs, free food provided by the SoCal Family (VERY BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE in SoCal), Raffles by all the vendors, and a big facility with lots of parking filled up the day. I had a blast and can't wait for the next one. I wasn't able to go to C5Fest, but this was the next best thing in my opinion. I wish I had gotten to meet more people, but everyone was just walking around looking at cars and didn't seem to be in the mood to say hi.

I was able to meet Brandotron and see his powerful tie of awesomeness. We'll have to get some games of Super Street Fighter 4 in man.

Late in the day, we had the supercharger challenge where stock cars with different brands of superchargers were put on the dyno. With only 2200 miles on my car, my three pulls showed a max of 517rwhp/461rwtq, so I'm happy and prochargers claim of 525 rwhp is holding true. Spoke with Brian at Vortech afterwards, and we might have something in the works.

Anyways, here are some of the pics I was able to take. Everyone posted their pics of the show in the official thread, but I didn't many pictures of the show, and everyone that I did, have already been posted, so here are pics of my car as I think it only made a background shot of one pic in the official thread.
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #144
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
LMAO
Old 04-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #145
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Well, after being in the RK Sport Booth for the SouthWestern Family Reunion show at Steve Millen in Costa Mesa, I have a few new pictures to show off.

I got about 4 hours of sleep in 3 days preparing and helping out with for this event, driving to LA right after work at 3am, getting to Haddad Motorsports at 9am. They installed my Pedders Xa coilovers and Mike gave me a lesson on suspension while I was there for the day. He even took me on his infamous test track and showed me the differences, and when my car was done, I could feel the differences exactly where he said I would. Mike's a stand up guy who really knows his cars and loves his job of building them.

After coilovers were installed, a local guy named Benny who had tinted TripleB's car and Yoshi's car, came out from Culver City to tint my windows on the spot and did an awesome job tinting my windows. The car was ready for the show, or so I thought.

I ended up crashing on someone's couch so I didn't have to get a hotel, and was able to take a few shots of the sunset and both our cars in her driveway. Staying at the Hollyday Inn was very cozy and the owner really made me feel welcome during my stay. Thanks Hoddi!

That night, as I was getting ready to go to sleep, Trevor (Tlong_927) calls and says he has some goodies for me. He comes over and installs my show panel and gives me my matching dash plaque. Now the car is really ready for the show.

The next morning, I'm up at 6:15, and lounge around while I wake up. I get to Stillen about 8:15 and start setting up for the show. About 30-45 minutes later, caravans start rolling in, and it becomes a madhouse. Dyno Runs, free food provided by the SoCal Family (VERY BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE in SoCal), Raffles by all the vendors, and a big facility with lots of parking filled up the day. I had a blast and can't wait for the next one. I wasn't able to go to C5Fest, but this was the next best thing in my opinion. I wish I had gotten to meet more people, but everyone was just walking around looking at cars and didn't seem to be in the mood to say hi.

I was able to meet Brandotron and see his powerful tie of awesomeness. We'll have to get some games of Super Street Fighter 4 in man.

Late in the day, we had the supercharger challenge where stock cars with different brands of superchargers were put on the dyno. With only 2200 miles on my car, my three pulls showed a max of 517rwhp/461rwtq, so I'm happy and prochargers claim of 525 rwhp is holding true. Spoke with Brian at Vortech afterwards, and we might have something in the works.

Anyways, here are some of the pics I was able to take. Everyone posted their pics of the show in the official thread, but I didn't many pictures of the show, and everyone that I did, have already been posted, so here are pics of my car as I think it only made a background shot of one pic in the official thread.

what kind of dyno?

and how are you proving me wrong? did you not dyno the car and only get 492rwhp the last time around? ever wonder how well these engines behave after they get a few miles on them?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:10 PM   #146
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
LMFAO! WOW. Pedders. GRR!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:20 PM   #147
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
what kind of dyno?

and how are you proving me wrong? did you not dyno the car and only get 492rwhp the last time around? ever wonder how well these engines behave after they get a few miles on them?
The picture says Dynojet, so I'm going to say that's what type of dyno they were running. Dunno if it's just Dynojet software or that's the name of the dyno also.

And I'm sure that it's because the engine was broken in more, but the only reason I posted the pic of you is because were so smug about me not being at 500 hp. Well now that I've driven it a bit, I'm being smug back is all.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:08 AM   #148
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
BADASS dude! Wish we could've made it out to participate in the madness, and so my car could cower in the presence of BLUE RUSH

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Old 04-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #149
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Hahaha, NOICE! And I didn't know your coilovers were brand new! Are you going to end up cutting the underhood above the strut towers?

...and I was flexing my tie the whole time--could you tell?
Old 04-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #150
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

I could tell.

The coilovers and tint were new. I will end up cutting the bottom layer and placing a rubber gromet or something there so it looks good.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:40 AM   #151
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

My dyno videos from the meet on the 24th.

After a long day full of cammed, gutted cats, full headers to tips and turbo camaros, here comes my stock silent camaro. Watch the faces of the techs when the numbers show up.

513/450

Here's the second pull, netting me 517/457
Old 04-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #152
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
only mod the procharger>?
what boost?
canned tune from procharger?
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
Old 05-01-2010, 12:51 AM   #153
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

stock mail in tune from procharger @ 7psi. stock everything else, even the exhaust manifold. Another 1800 miles and I'll be at 5000 even and probably slightly higher numbers. =)
Old 05-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #154
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Finally was able to find the right combination of button pressed to upload my car to a magazine website...

http://rides.superchevy.com/ride/119...aro/index.html

Closed Thread

Tags
22's, 5th gen, aac, blown, blu808, blue rush, boss, build thread, camaro, camaro5, carbon fiber, fbodfather, flowmaster, hushpower, mindz, monoblock, pedders, procharger, rideskinz, stainless works