Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #1
brandon.rush1

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 2SS
Talking Window regulator clunk noise, horrible service in Orlando

Well I've about had it with my dealership here at Carl Black in Orlando. I just recently had a window regulator replaced for making a noise when the driver window went up. Ever since the regulator was replaced I've had nothing but issues.

First they split a plastic piece above the driver side mirror and without doing proper research replaced the entire mirror because they thought the plastic part was apart of it. Well after they did that I've had a terrible wind noise that they continue to deny coming through the driver window. I've tried reindexing the glass and tomorrow I'm gonna try some solutions I saw on here. The dealership told me that they've sent it up to Chevrolet engineers, but who knows.

Anyways the technician Junior who works on my car seems to take any shortcut possible and when replacing my door panel overtightening the screw damaging the door panel expecting me not to notice they return the car. Needless to say the door panel has been replaced, however now I continue to get the same wind noise and a loud clunk when the window rolls all the way down. The service manager as usual says its normal and the window is hitting the stop however the noise is pretty loud.

If anyone can chime in on this, I'm gonna attempt to fix the issue myself since if I bring the issue to another dealer, they will most likely tell me to take it back to where it was originally worked on. I appologize for the long rant, I'm just thorougly disappointed in the way this has been handled. If anyone can chime in and help, I'd appreicate it.
brandon.rush1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon.rush1 View Post
Well I've about had it with my dealership here at Carl Black in Orlando. I just recently had a window regulator replaced for making a noise when the driver window went up. Ever since the regulator was replaced I've had nothing but issues.

First they split a plastic piece above the driver side mirror and without doing proper research replaced the entire mirror because they thought the plastic part was apart of it. Well after they did that I've had a terrible wind noise that they continue to deny coming through the driver window. I've tried reindexing the glass and tomorrow I'm gonna try some solutions I saw on here. The dealership told me that they've sent it up to Chevrolet engineers, but who knows.

Anyways the technician Junior who works on my car seems to take any shortcut possible and when replacing my door panel overtightening the screw damaging the door panel expecting me not to notice they return the car. Needless to say the door panel has been replaced, however now I continue to get the same wind noise and a loud clunk when the window rolls all the way down. The service manager as usual says its normal and the window is hitting the stop however the noise is pretty loud.

If anyone can chime in on this, I'm gonna attempt to fix the issue myself since if I bring the issue to another dealer, they will most likely tell me to take it back to where it was originally worked on. I appologize for the long rant, I'm just thorougly disappointed in the way this has been handled. If anyone can chime in and help, I'd appreicate it.
Very sorry to read about this situation. I can understand your frustration. Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to reach out to the dealer (or a second one) about this overall matter.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:51 PM   #3
NFRNOSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3 IOM
I wouldn't think they would "force" you to bring your car back to the original dealer. Especially if you complain about the service you received there. They would have an opportunity to gain a new customer, and any $$$ they can make off of you. I have zero wind noise, so I call bs.
NFRNOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #4
brandon.rush1

bump
Old 05-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #5
brandon.rush1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRNOSS View Post
I wouldn't think they would "force" you to bring your car back to the original dealer. Especially if you complain about the service you received there. They would have an opportunity to gain a new customer, and any $$$ they can make off of you. I have zero wind noise, so I call bs.

Yeah gonna give another dealer a try hopefully GM will make it right
Old 05-01-2014, 09:25 AM   #6
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
I wouldn't fiddle around with anything that's part of the problem unless it's an immediate safety concern!

The parts and labor are under warranty. let them handle it. If you take it to another dealer, that's fine, as well, but don't try to correct any work that's been done until it can be re-inspected.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #7
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Yep. Find another dealer. There must be several around Orlando. Don't hesitate to get William R involved. That's what he's here for and he should be able to help satisfy your problem.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:58 AM   #8
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
What kind of noise was it? Look at my last thread that I made and watch the video I attached and let me know if it is the same noise? Because my passenger window is making a funky noise when I roll it up or down, also. If you could do that, that'd be great!!

Here is the video: http://youtu.be/JrANhWDIHeY
Old 05-01-2014, 11:05 AM   #9
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
I had a similar issue with mine. The window motor bolts to the regulator and the plastic bolt holes tear out. The noise is probably the motor being loose.

Mine was replaced twice. I have wind noise and have not taken it back. The window is adjustable but the tech is supposed to test drive the car to assure that it is sealing properly
Former '68 and '69 Z/28 Owner...........Now sporting around in a 2011 RS/SS with........Kooks LT's and cats, JRE tune, CAI, scoop, ZL1 Bumper conversion, custom ZL-1 grille, halo harness, Painted silver stripes, GM GFX, black painted lower edge of skirts and rear bumper. MGW shifter.....and now a 3.91 1LE diff
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #10
SemperGumby
I'll probably offend you

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6
If another dealership tries to give you hassle over warranty work get the reps here involved. Your warranty is NOT through the dealership you bought the car from, it is from GM.
SemperGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:47 PM   #11
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Sorry for the issues but I will say the only two dealerships who I will allow to work on my vehicles is Starling Chevrolet (St. Cloud), and David Maus Chevrolet (almost all of the tech's came from Classic Chevrolet).

Good luck
Old 05-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #12
brandon.rush1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
What kind of noise was it? Look at my last thread that I made and watch the video I attached and let me know if it is the same noise? Because my passenger window is making a funky noise when I roll it up or down, also. If you could do that, that'd be great!!

Here is the video: http://youtu.be/JrANhWDIHeY

Can't say it's the same noise. Mine tends to clunk when it rolls down. The original reason I had it replaced was when the window rolled up it made like a creaking noise. Hopefully you get your issue figured out.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #13
brandon.rush1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Sorry for the issues but I will say the only two dealerships who I will allow to work on my vehicles is Starling Chevrolet (St. Cloud), and David Maus Chevrolet (almost all of the tech's came from Classic Chevrolet).

Good luck

Yea it kinda sucks Carl Black is right by my house, but I've heard good things about David Maus. Whats the last thing you had serviced there?
Old 05-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #14
brandon.rush1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperGumby View Post
If another dealership tries to give you hassle over warranty work get the reps here involved. Your warranty is NOT through the dealership you bought the car from, it is from GM.
Amen to that, I called the customer support line today and GM has a case open, lets see if any progress can be made.