Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #1051
Titan

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
I imagine some of you folks would sue God if an earthquake swallowed your car while parked filling up at the service station.
We get it, your the most passive and forgiving soul on the this site. Good for you!
Old 01-12-2014, 03:53 PM   #1052
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Lets look at this differently....

I believe the dealership and insurance company of the dealership is treating this as if an unknown entity broke into the dealership, took the keys, destroyed the car.

A. The dealership would ONLY be suing the thief for the damage for the building and have absolutely NO responsibility for the theft and damage to the ZL1.

B. The owner (OP) insurance company handles the claim and ensuing lawsuit against the thief who broke into the dealership and stole the car.

C. The dealership has no responsibility to rectify anything for the ZL1 damage.

D. The OP insurance company has the responsibility to make the OP whole as best they can and NOT the dealership.

HOWEVER!!!!!

Since the theft...and this IS a theft, the dealership is 100% responsible for all damage and to make the OP whole by any and all means up to and including breech of contract and merchant ability.

My house burns down accidentally, my house gets rebuilt better than it was before if that is how I want it. HOWEVER, if I contract someone to burn my house down, he gets caught, I get implicated, I am ass-out.

Catch my drift?
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 01-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #1053
Rarerat

Drives: 69 Z/28, 68 SSRS 396,68 Camaro Vert
Another new member brought here by this thread, I sincerely hope GM steps up with the ZL-1 of your choice Mr Hooper.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #1054
BSX_Camaro
Unleash the Beast!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
The funny part of the arguments "in defense" of the dealer aren't seeing the true picture.

The employee "DIDN'T" break into the dealership. He was given access. Without the access the crime wouldn't have happened in the first place. He didn't pick a lock or break a window. THAT is the point where the dealer needs to accept the responsibility. Taking the car off lot wasn't approved as they mention over and over again but the access to commit the crime WAS approved.

Do I expect the dealer to "give" him a new 2014 ZL1? No, but their current offer is a joke. To make it right, they need to give the OP equivalent or better than what he had. IF that means a 14 ZL1, so be it. But the only opinion that matters is the OPs. I for one would expect more than the current offer as well. The current offer shows that the dealer isn't accepting responsibility of their ex-employee's actions as a representative of their dealership WITH ACCESS to commit the crime in the first place.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:12 PM   #1055
cant_get_rite

Drives: 2013 CRT/2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZL1 View Post
@Hall of Fame....
Why are you so butthurt, resorting to personal insults on the OP? Is your name Mr. Hansen?....perhaps related in some way?

Judging by the overwhelming positive support the OP has garnered on this site as well as others (yellowbullet) I think you're the one who has clearly made an ass out of himself for all on this forum (and the world) to see. So now you call the OP's "manhood" into question because the OP posted his experience on this forum? I guess you being a real man and all, you would take what ever shitty deal was being thrown at you, stfu, and be happy with it?

It's laughable you later go on to chastise people for forming a negative opinion of the d!ckbag who stole the car, telling people to "look in the mirror" when the perp is labeled as trailer trash, yet you have no problem passing judgement on Mr. hooper who is the real victim here. Take your own advice and look in the mirror, my guess is you won't like what you see staring back at you.

It appears as though your attitude and that of the dealer go hand in hand, hence the reason they are getting hammered in the court of public opinion.

I bet if this same thing were to happen to one of your prized possessions you'd set a decibel record for how loud you whine....

Old 01-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #1056
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Unless something changed overnight I think the dealer would like some time to get it right without taking too much of a loss. And I am fine with that. They make an offer, the OP agrees or disagrees. Simple as that.

Of course if they were smart they'd have put this to bed one way or another before this.

I am not in 'defense' of the dealer at all. Very much in defense of the OP. But I doubt this dealer is as villainous as it's being made out. Stupid? Maybe...... Evil? Uh... no.

And again, I don't think anyone has said the dealer has ZERO liability in this. Only that their liability should be for the value of the car. After that it's only good business to go above and beyond to make the OP happy.

I wonder if this dealership is any kin to Savini Wheel Company?
Old 01-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #1057
Paveltolz

Drives: 1996 Chevy K1500 Silverado
Linked in to this thread from The Truck Stop (diesel forum) Friday afternoon and have read about every post.

Had to join up just to add my best wishes. I'll not add to the back an forth other than to say I'm pleased to see so much support for JHoop and agree, the business should have stepped up for their own good.
An example if I may. I worked with a local tranny shop and they did a great job on my rebuild. Later, I ordered a replacement front differential. It came in and wasn't correct so they sent it back. The next one came in only with the wrong gearing and none of us caught it until after I had installed it (no documentation to alert us otherwise). The shop owner told me, "We will make it right and it won't cost you anything." They even swapped it out at no charge even though I offered to pay the labor. Only thing they accepted was full responsibility and my sincere thanks.

Anyhoo, Mr. Hooper, you've got the support our forum members, FWIW, as many of us are Camaro fans too (we had one member drop a 6.5 Diesel in his, sacrilege I know but still).

The pseudo Face Book page is a riot as well.

Certainly hoping GM, the "Black SUV" and others come through for you.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #1058
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I know I won't be hiring unless I'm just so busy it starts to hurt business. More for me to keep anyway.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:46 PM   #1059
TannerJPowell

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paveltolz View Post
Linked in to this thread from The Truck Stop (diesel forum) Friday afternoon and have read about every post.

Had to join up just to add my best wishes. I'll not add to the back an forth other than to say I'm pleased to see so much support for JHoop and agree, the business should have stepped up for their own good.
An example if I may. I worked with a local tranny shop and they did a great job on my rebuild. Later, I ordered a replacement front differential. It came in and wasn't correct so they sent it back. The next one came in only with the wrong gearing and none of us caught it until after I had installed it (no documentation to alert us otherwise). The shop owner told me, "We will make it right and it won't cost you anything." They even swapped it out at no charge even though I offered to pay the labor. Only thing they accepted was full responsibility and my sincere thanks.

Anyhoo, Mr. Hooper, you've got the support our forum members, FWIW, as many of us are Camaro fans too (we had one member drop a 6.5 Diesel in his, sacrilege I know but still).

The pseudo Face Book page is a riot as well.

Certainly hoping GM, the "Black SUV" and others come through for you.
Welcome to the forum Paul!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:54 PM   #1060
garycondren

Drives: Tata Nano
If the dealer had any common sense, it would quickly make things right before this story causes more damage to the company's reputation. Unfortunately, the dealer doesn't seem to have any common sense. It might be costly to make things right with you, but the cost in lost goodwill is probably going to be much larger.

I agree with the poster who expressed his opinion that the dealer might be taking directions from an attorney. Attorneys typically advise clients against admitting fault. It might help the dealer in court, but it won't help them in the court of public opinion.

This dealer got more publicity than if it had invested in Super Bowl advertisements. It's too bad for them that it's NEGATIVE publicity.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:55 PM   #1061
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Unless something changed overnight I think the dealer would like some time to get it right without taking too much of a loss. And I am fine with that. They make an offer, the OP agrees or disagrees. Simple as that.

Of course if they were smart they'd have put this to bed one way or another before this.

I am not in 'defense' of the dealer at all. Very much in defense of the OP. But I doubt this dealer is as villainous as it's being made out. Stupid? Maybe...... Evil? Uh... no.

And again, I don't think anyone has said the dealer has ZERO liability in this. Only that their liability should be for the value of the car. After that it's only good business to go above and beyond to make the OP happy.

I wonder if this dealership is any kin to Savini Wheel Company?
No, but they certainly attended the Savini School of Business..
Old 01-12-2014, 05:01 PM   #1062
McCarthy

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Hey everyone, i'll start off by saying i'm not a Camaro owner, quite the contrary actually... (Mustang owner) however i just wanted to let everyone know putting aside our brand loyalty this story has made its rounds in the Mustang community, and all of us as car guys over on the Mustang forums want to wish the OP the best of luck! Just isn't right to screw a customer and fellow car guy over like that no matter if he happened to own a Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, BMW, Nissan etc... You have our support Mr. Hooper!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #1063
chubsworth

Drives: 2014 2SS RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy View Post
Hey everyone, i'll start off by saying i'm not a Camaro owner, quite the contrary actually... (Mustang owner) however i just wanted to let everyone know putting aside our brand loyalty this story has made its rounds in the Mustang community, and all of us as car guys over on the Mustang forums want to wish the OP the best of luck! Just isn't right to screw a customer and fellow car guy over like that no matter if he happened to own a Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, BMW, Nissan etc... You have our support Mr. Hooper!
Class act ^^
Old 01-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #1064
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubsworth View Post
Class act ^^

Word! I'd like to think the Camaro community would do the same.

Sent from my AGM, 2SS/RS

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1