Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-22-2014, 12:02 AM   #15
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Well, maybe.

I still prefer this sound lol

Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:08 AM   #16
xvxpskowro

Drives: bmw
I might rag on V6's when there is an open debate about it online but on the road
xvxpskowro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:33 AM   #17
Got Convertible

Drives: 14 RedLRockMetallic ConvertV6 2ltRS
I told one of my best friends who happens to have a 05 Porsche Carrera, that I got a Camaro. This past weekend. He said I don't care what color you got, just don't tell you got a V6.

It was like he popped a big ballon in my stomach, because I did.
Got Convertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:11 AM   #18
Supercharged Red

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS A6 Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickswe View Post
It's even more awesome with a supercharger that sounds loud on top of those 8 cylinders
+1
472 RWHP 466 RWTQ 12.11 @ 114.3 MPH 1.81 60' Pacific Raceways Kent, WA 6/6/13
Supercharged Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:07 AM   #19
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Convertible View Post
I told one of my best friends who happens to have a 05 Porsche Carrera, that I got a Camaro. This past weekend. He said I don't care what color you got, just don't tell you got a V6.

It was like he popped a big ballon in my stomach, because I did.

Wonder if he knows his Porsche is a 6 cylinder too?
Old 09-22-2014, 09:48 AM   #20
Taco Time

Drives: 2014 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody2399 View Post
After writing the title I do Wana cry.

So I took the long way home today after work and I see a camaro coming up pretty fast behind me.

He gets right on my ass and then moved into the oncoming traffic lane and pulls up next to me and then just freaking slams his pedal down and the sound of that v with my windows down popped both of my ears. I am now permanently deaf (lie) but holy crap that was loud.

So yeah some guy with a v8 just made me feel like a small man driving around in my poor little v6 lol. That was one of the coolest moments of my life I don't see many v8's around where I live and to have that guy show me what they have was amazing.

Although he went incredibly high over the speed limit after he passed me which wasn't smart considering a cop could have been around.. but what the hell right?

Tl;dr.... v8 camaros are freaking awesome!
Maybe it was just that dude's way of saying "Hi". If I see one of my buddies around town (they have Mustangs and Challengers) I always rev my car or give em' a little WOT action. (They do it too.) I'm just sayin "hey buddy" to em'. And maybe also reminding them that mine sounds way better than theirs...
Taco Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:52 AM   #21
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Yes the 8's sound amazing but damn op he was just being a complete ass. I might rag on V6's when there is an open debate about it online but on the road I have not nor will not poke fun at or play childish games with them on the road. Now another V8 I do this to but not a six bc its just being a prick.
I feel the same way. Plus, with my luck, that V6 I try it with would probably have twin turbos or something and blow my doors off.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:36 AM   #22
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
They do sound very good. It's all in perspective, though. Maybe a V8 is in your future, maybe not, but definitely don't set aside your enjoyment of, or your enthusiasm, for the car you own right now. There will always be a bigger, faster, better sounding car somewhere.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:42 AM   #23
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Best sounding V8 to me.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #24
Melkor

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS w/1le Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
Wonder if he knows his Porsche is a 6 cylinder too?
Depends on the Porsche, of course, but some of their flat 6s are insane.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #25
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
Depends on the Porsche, of course, but some of their flat 6s are insane.
Oh I know, which is why you'd think a Porsche owner would be the last guy to poke fun at a 6 cylinder.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #26
NYYFan325

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Eh 12 second car (or better) vs a 14 second car. I think he'd be OK to gloat lol

Honestly if these cars weren't so damn heavy I don't think anyone would knock the 6s (not that they should anyway but whatever). If the V6 ran mid 13.4-5 stock and the SS 12.3-4 you would hear people saying how the V6 is right on par with 4th gen LS1s with minimal mods.

Instead we get threads like this and all show no go one lol
Old 09-22-2014, 12:34 PM   #27
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
That sound is half or more of the reason I'd want one. Sure the power is a bonus, but if the sixer could sound the same I don't think I'd ever trade up lol.

Still thinking a lighter 6th gen, with a more powerful V6 seems like it could be a very fun package, and I could easily get into one (possibly with little to no money borrowed) but thinking about the sound of the V8 makes me think twice lol. (and again...the 440+ HP the LT1 will likely have doesn't hurt)
Old 09-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #28
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
That sound is half or more of the reason I'd want one. Sure the power is a bonus, but if the sixer could sound the same I don't think I'd ever trade up lol.

Still thinking a lighter 6th gen, with a more powerful V6 seems like it could be a very fun package, and I could easily get into one (possibly with little to no money borrowed) but thinking about the sound of the V8 makes me think twice lol. (and again...the 440+ HP the LT1 will likely have doesn't hurt)
The sound after a few mods to let it breathe. It was pretty damn weak sounding stock.