Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-30-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
d69chris
Florida C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Vortech L99 IOM
Send a message via Yahoo to d69chris
Unhappy AAC - Advanced Automotive Style

Just posting to warn others. I see another post is here complaining about their service, I agree!

I ordered a remote for their halos that I installed back first part of October. Ordered 10/13/09. Had hoped to have for OC Auto show end of month. They took my money on the 15th with no problem. I called to get status 10/26 and was told they would ship the following week. Called and emailed the following week to find out they would not ship until the next week!

Followed up again 11/13/09, one month after ordering and was told it would ship the next week. Got confirmation 11/16/09 it had finally shipped.

11/18/09 got email with return label attached to send the controlled back when I received it, IT WAS THE WRONG CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!!!
Shipped it back 11/19 and was told the correct one would ship within two weeks.

Captains Log: Stardate 11/30/09, received communication from Style Fleet Command that the controller should ship out within the next week and a half! What the F*&@#%!##@^(!&^@)!##&!^#!

Do these people have any idea what they are doing???? That means I might have it within two months of ordering. I know the Chineese have UPS Air....where is the customer service???

Oh yeah, I did receive a $5 gift card off my next purchase........

I know what a hostage feels like! :(

Last edited by d69chris; 01-04-2010 at 10:19 PM.
d69chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #2
Wileytrigger21

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT / RS, Blk 1SS/RS
I have ordered many items from AAC and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I think you should read all of the satisfied customer posts b4 u complain about ur unfortunate experience.
Wileytrigger21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I don't usually find myself compelled to play customer service for a company that does not pay me—barely for my own given the pay scale—but I have to step into this thread.

They send you the wrong product. It happens. They all look alike when packaging, and you're not the only order they sent that day. They did not avoid sending the right product. In fact, they sent a return label promptly. Of course, you expected it right the first time, but imagine if they never sent you a return label. How would you feel then?

AAC has no control over the supplier. If you had to wait longer for a particular part as it sounds, there is a real possibility that the manufacturer did not have enough to keep up with short term orders. You were given $5 to AAC for a problem that they did not cause. That's not a bad deal.

I'm seeing some fault on AAC here, but they took responsibility and handled themselves as best they could given what appears to be a supply issue. When missing the product, the guy in the warehouse probably stuffed one that had a similar UPC by mistake. When you complained, you got a return label and a rough idea of when shipment could occur. It is a lot of trouble, but half of the wait is the post office. You can barely count on them to deliver your mail. I'm sorry you had trouble, but it doesn't sound all that bad.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Nothing but good service and communications with Justin
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #5
d69chris
Florida C5

Wow, the blur fits! A car with no brakes, how fitting.....

My communication has been with Jill, Justin has not stepped in to save me.

A problem they did not cause......who caused it in your opinion? How many items have you ordered, been charged, and then waited two months??? Should not have charged my card until it shipped.

You speak as if they shipped the wrong item in a normal time frame, like a week. I was told they had it at time of order and they charged my card the day of order, it posted 2 days later. They actually shipped the wrong item almost 5 weeks after they charged my card!

They then continued the poor service by telling me they would have it in two weeks, when it looks like it will be a month. If it is a supplier issue, they need to change!

I make my living in sales! If my customers had to keep following up on their orders and I kept pushing their ship date out weeks at I time, I would have no customers and no money to spend on my Camaro! I wish I could blame all my companies problems on someone else............Truth is the buck stops with the person who sold it.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:46 AM   #6
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
no

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccd34 View Post
I have ordered many items from AAC and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I think you should read all of the satisfied customer posts b4 u complain about ur unfortunate experience.
Hes got a right to voice his experience with them..others wanna know.. sorry
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:50 AM   #7
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
Exclamation wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I don't usually find myself compelled to play customer service for a company that does not pay me—barely for my own given the pay scale—but I have to step into this thread.

They send you the wrong product. It happens. They all look alike when packaging, and you're not the only order they sent that day. They did not avoid sending the right product. In fact, they sent a return label promptly. Of course, you expected it right the first time, but imagine if they never sent you a return label. How would you feel then?

AAC has no control over the supplier. If you had to wait longer for a particular part as it sounds, there is a real possibility that the manufacturer did not have enough to keep up with short term orders. You were given $5 to AAC for a problem that they did not cause. That's not a bad deal.

I'm seeing some fault on AAC here, but they took responsibility and handled themselves as best they could given what appears to be a supply issue. When missing the product, the guy in the warehouse probably stuffed one that had a similar UPC by mistake. When you complained, you got a return label and a rough idea of when shipment could occur. It is a lot of trouble, but half of the wait is the post office. You can barely count on them to deliver your mail. I'm sorry you had trouble, but it doesn't sound all that bad.
I see ya stepped in a big pile of poo poo...
Some fault..?
BS
2 months..?

saying over & over items shipped when they have not..?
Yes USPO sucks..BIG time.. but other shippers..
cant blame anyone for being slightly ticked off
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:21 AM   #8
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
"...........Truth is the buck stops with the person who sold it." Thats what everyone in retail needs to understand. You cannot excuse your way through it with blame. Be right up front with the customer and make it right when the customer has had a bad buying experience.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #9
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
Which Halos did you get and do you have pics of them. Other than the remote shipping issue how do you like the halos. I want to get the white/red combo.
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #10
benjj

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccd34 View Post
ya screw your problems d69chris...other ppl are happy... why can't you be happy through them
benjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #11
d69chris
Florida C5

Received controller two weeks ago, finally. Took 2 months. Just now getting around to the install, off all week.

My biggest beef was a lack of communication. Nobody told me anything or emailed updates, I had to keep calling. Even then the story kept changing.

A suggestion, don't take peoples money until you ship the product. You charged my card, but didn't ship for 2 months.

Controller came with no instructions for installation. Some pointers of where mount, pickup of hot and ground would be helpful. Called the contact number and got voice mail. Will try the 800 number. Talked to Andy, he seemed grumpy on the phone.

The gesture of a gift certificate does nothing for someone upset with your level of service. To redeem it, I would have to PURCHASE something else.......$5 credit back to my credit card would have been more effective.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #12
drtwo

Drives: 2SS RS Yellow, Raptor, Vrod
Well, if they didn't tell you it was back ordered, then shame on them. But, they shouldn't keep leading you on with week by week promises that they know are not true. I will certainly ask if it is in stock and wouldn't pay unless it is available.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #13
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
I had nothing but GREAT Customer Service From the AAC team. Justin has a great team, give them a chance and they will make it right!
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 PM   #14
d69chris
Florida C5

To be right, I posted up some picks of the finished install. Had to cover camera flash for last pic.

Andy got me through the wiring issue on install.

I like the 8 intensity settings, the fade in/out, and the flashing mode.

Just hope I don't get caught flashing!
Attached Images