Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #15
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Seems to be. I used to work at a Toyota dealership and I needed a new car at the time. The obvious route was to use my discount on a Toyota product, but then I saw the rapidly declining quality and reliability, and the problems with service work. Yes the Japanese cars up until the mid 2000s actually were very nice and probably better than their American competitors, but things changed. I saw where it was all going. I looked at Toyota and saw complacency. The people believed they were high quality, good cars, they had Consumer Reports firmly in their pocket, and the rest of the media was coming right along as a free marketing and PR team. With all this confidence and loyalty, Toyota simply stopped trying and quality plummeted. I bought a Cobalt instead and it has been wonderful. Easy maintenance, low costs, very fuel efficient, fun to drive, and as reliable as you could hope for. Immediately after I bought the Cobalt, the Scion tC, the other car I was considering, was recalled for side airbags that deployed if the door was shut too firmly. My grandma bought a Rav4 on my discount and it is repaired weekly. I buy American because buying Japanese means buying rapidly declining quality and reliability.
let's only hope and pray that the American manufacturers don't develop that same kind of attitude when people finally realize that our cars are as good or better than foreign competitors. if that happens, we'll go right back to where we're at now.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #16
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
but the next day I bought a Cadillac STS and loved it.
who has the monies to just "go buy a car (a cadillac) the next day"?!

and let me ask the question again because last time i didn't get an answer (maybe because there is no "right" answer?). as a german born person currently living in the US. what am i supposed to buy? lol. should i be neutral and buy something completely different? ;p
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:01 PM   #17
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Thing is this was a week ago and they are still waiting on parts. She lives in the same town the car was built, and she has to wait over a week to get parts??? WTF! On top of that, they gave her a corolla as a rental, they gave a lawyer a tiny little corolla. Better believe their gonna get it!
Be glad you didn't buy one back in the 80's. My brother bought a new 87 Toyota pickup, about a year later he had an accident... it took 3 months to get a Hood and Front fender for the truck. it seems like at that time they did not have a parts warehous in the USA. and everything had to be shipped from Japan...

Oh, I bought an 87 S-10 at about the same time, had a guy back into it in the parking lot here at work, destroyed the tailgate and rear quarter panel, Had it back in two weeks.

p.s. his truck also rusted out in 3 years.....
Old 12-17-2008, 01:03 PM   #18
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
who has the monies to just "go buy a car the next day"?!
Lots of people if they decided to go out tomorrow and buy a new car could... that isn't unusual, I dropped my wife off at work one morning and told her I was going to go buy a new truck that morning, Guess what, I picked her up at lunch in a new Chevy truck...
Old 12-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #19
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Lots of people if they decided to go out tomorrow and buy a new car could... that isn't unusual, I dropped my wife off at work one morning and told her I was going to go buy a new truck that morning, Guess what, I picked her up at lunch in a new Chevy truck...
i assume a chevy truck is "a little" cheaper than a cadillac.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #20
TheClassicCarKid

Drives: V45
"It's harder to see a beautiful thing up close"

I really liked that
TheClassicCarKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #21
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
who has the monies to just "go buy a car the next day"?!

and let me ask the question again because last time i didn't get an answer (maybe because there is no "right" answer?). as a german born person currently living in the US. what am i supposed to buy? lol. should i be neutral and buy something completely different? ;p
My dad buys cars with a check. Must be nice to have money...

If your planning on living in germany again then i say support your country, but if not then go out there and look, because they are not the only country making cars right now.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #22
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Seem obvious to me. You live in the USA, Shouldn't you support the country where you live and pay taxes?
Old 12-17-2008, 01:18 PM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
i assume a chevy truck is "a little" cheaper than a cadillac.
You just asked who could go out and buy a new car the next day, you didn't stipulate how expensive a car you had to buy, but I would assume not above your means.
plus he was at an event with Bob Lutz, and everyone was driving expensive luxury cars, so I would assume he had one too and could afford a Cadillac. I bought a Chevy because that is what I could afford.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #24
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
who has the monies to just "go buy a car (a cadillac) the next day"?!
I might have left out that this guy is the CEO of Hiller Markets, a chain of supermarkets in Michigan.
So he's got some money...

Quote:
That depends. Where you're born doesn't matter for this question. Or else my family should all be buying Italian-made cars. What matters is where you plan to live, work, and flourish. Which country will allow you to do that for the majority of your lifetime? Germany, or the US? Answer that question, and you know which products, and policies to support.