Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Chasing the Fed-Ex Truck (A wheel story!!)

Today was the day, Wheel Day!! Where I live normally Fed-Ex arrives before 9:00am and UPS arrives anytime after 6pm. That being said, I called work to let them know I would be a little late today.

From 7am to 8am I kept checking the tracking numbers and the boxes were still at the local sort facility. Finally at 8:30am the database refreshes and tells me the packages left at 8:01am and are out for delivery.

I’m thinking, they have to come to my house first to get these large boxes off their truck. I sit on the couch and watch a little TV, keeping the volume low enough to hear any vehicles that may go down my road.

Now it’s 9:30am and I know I can’t stay home all day. I take the dogs outside one last time and start dead bolting the house up. As I leave I look at the clock in the car and its 9:57am. Oh, well. I hope they don’t get damaged due to going back to the sort facility and being loaded on a truck again tomorrow or Monday.

I get about 10 miles from the house and see a Fed-Ex truck. The driver is going slow and appears to be reading a piece of paper that he is holding above the steering wheel. I go about 100yrds and make a u-turn. I haul butt trying to catch the truck. I live in a small county and the sort facility is in the next county over. I can’t imagine more than two or three truck serving my county.

Now I’m half way back home and still can’t see the truck. Where did that truck go? I turn on my dirt road and can see that there is no truck in the drive-way. Dang-it; racing back to the house was a waste of time.

Oh well, I’m already here now; I might as well go and see if there are any notes on the door. Half way down the drive-way, I see them!! I look at the clock in the car and it is 10:11am. I was only gone for 14 minutes. How lucky am I to decide to chase a truck back to the house and find my wheels.

Thanks goes out to Jon at Bestwheeldeals (Camaro5 vendor) for giving me an excellent deal on the wheel and tire package!! I have to say it was a pleasure dealing with Jon who kept me informed of the progress of the wheels. When he finally got the wheels from Forgestar on Tuesday, he had them back in the mail for me on Wednesday, after mounting and balancing!!

Here are a few pictures I took with the phone before heading to work…

Name:  image1.JPG
Views: 521
Size:  134.2 KB

Name:  image2.JPG
Views: 521
Size:  127.4 KB

I put my foot in the picture to show the width. I wear a size 10. Pictures do not show how wide these tires really are!!

Name:  image3.JPG
Views: 541
Size:  137.3 KB

Last edited by Jay_LHD3; 04-29-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
RollTideMom

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro RS
I like those!!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Curious, but did the wheel+tire fit in those Forgestar boxes? I've never tried that before.

I see you picked wheels to match your dog. LOL!

Tony
Old 04-29-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
Jay_LHD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollTideMom View Post
I like those!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Curious, but did the wheel+tire fit in those Forgestar boxes? I've never tried that before.

I see you picked wheels to match your dog. LOL!

Tony
They did, nice snug fit. There were also two plastic straps going over each box and a third strap going around the box.

Old 04-29-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
Alaskan SS

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS w/ M6, sunroof
Nice wheels!!!
I think your dog wanted to play...
Alaskan SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #6
Jay_LHD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan SS View Post
Nice wheels!!!
I think your dog wanted to play...
Thanks!

When ever she is not sure of what is going on she grabs one of her stuffed animals, kind of like a kid with a security blanket. The other dog is hiding on the couch, you can see her peeking.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
RayJay

Drives: Your Wife's Benz ;)
Such a beautiful story! *tear* Haha! Love the wheels sir! Is it just me, or when you see them freshly unwrapped and clean... you almost don't want to drive on them!?! I love my wheels so much I wish I had bought 2 sets! One to drive on and one to come home to...

DON'T YOU JUDGE ME! :/
RayJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #8
Jay_LHD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJay View Post
Such a beautiful story! *tear* Haha! Love the wheels sir! Is it just me, or when you see them freshly unwrapped and clean... you almost don't want to drive on them!?! I love my wheels so much I wish I had bought 2 sets! One to drive on and one to come home to...

DON'T YOU JUDGE ME! :/
, I told the guys at work that I was going to roll one into the bedroom tonight!!

I have so many miles on the factory tires that I can't wait to drive on these!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #9
Sin

Drives: DEAD
Funny story and awesome wheels!
Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
SA CHEVY
"HILLARY"

Drives: "HILLARY" :D
That's a great story man! Truly jealous and excited for you at the same time! (Those are the wheels I'm saving for but any time I start saving the money end up buying something else for the car....I have no patience to save....)

Enjoy and POST PICS ASAP!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:48 PM   #11
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Congrats on the forgestars. They look nice and the tires are great. You won't be disappointed with them. =)
Old 04-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #12
Jay_LHD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin View Post
Funny story and awesome wheels!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
That's a great story man! Truly jealous and excited for you at the same time! (Those are the wheels I'm saving for but any time I start saving the money end up buying something else for the car....I have no patience to save....)

Enjoy and POST PICS ASAP!!!
Thanks! You don't have to tell me. I've been saving for a year to get these. I wanted to get the heritage grill and some powder coated calipers so bad, but knew I had to save between purchases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Congrats on the forgestars. They look nice and the tires are great. You won't be disappointed with them. =)
Thanks! I can't wait get some tread back under the car. During the last rain storm, I almost called in sick. But, I wouldn't have any other daily driver; this car is awesome!!

Old 04-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #13
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Nice pictures , of the dog ! what kind of dog is that ?Please do not tell me that's a Portuguese water dog !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:16 PM   #14
Jay_LHD3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
Nice pictures , of the dog ! what kind of dog is that ?Please do not tell me that's a Portuguese water dog !
Thanks.........I think! Nope, it's a standard poodle.