Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Ryan2011RS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS dusk edition .
What brand lowering springs??

Trying to decide between BMR, or Pedders but I'm open for other suggestions . Just trying to figure the differences between brands. Any one of them tighter or made better?? Want to lower but not TOO low. Don't want 1.4 drop but convince me
Ryan2011RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
You should definitely check out our Pfadt Race Engineering springs as well. We have them available for both the V8 and V6 cars. They will lower your car about 1.25" without a huge impact to ride quality or longevity of your factory shocks.

If you want to see how your car will settle out with Pfadt Drop springs be sure to check out our picture gallery! Pfadt Race Engineering Drop Spring Photo Gallery
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
You should definitely check out our Pfadt Race Engineering springs as well. We have them available for both the V8 and V6 cars. They will lower your car about 1.25" without a huge impact to ride quality or longevity of your factory shocks.

If you want to see how your car will settle out with Pfadt Drop springs be sure to check out our picture gallery! Pfadt Race Engineering Drop Spring Photo Gallery
I would definitely add Pfadt lowering springs to your list. There are a lot of happy Apex Motorsports customers rocking them.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Pdaft all day baby !!!! I very was skeptical at first. I did my research extensively I tell ya. But just with the springs (1.25) alone with the sport sway bars which are on it's way to make the marriage complete. I felt a tremdous difference in cornering. Jarrett and I emailed back and forth numerous of times with my questions and concerns. He help me out big time. Go with Pdaft you won't be disappointed Not to mention it gives your car the sickest stance ever.

Last edited by ActNup NY; 06-19-2012 at 02:27 PM.
ActNup NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2011RS View Post
Trying to decide between BMR, or Pedders but I'm open for other suggestions . Just trying to figure the differences between brands. Any one of them tighter or made better?? Want to lower but not TOO low. Don't want 1.4 drop but convince me
We have a couple different springs setups available for people to fine tune their stance depending on what they are looking for. We have the 1" lowering springs, 1.4" lowering springs, and our split drop 1.4" front/1" rear for a distinct raked look. I am not real familiar about everyone elses springs but I can tell you that we feel it is hard to beat our springs as far as quality and affordability go. We have a lifetime warranty on our springs against sag so if you ever have an issue you are covered. If you have any questions or if there is something I can help you out with let me know.

Kyle
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
Mister-Camaro

Drives: 2011 2SS L99
Me and most of my friends are all on Eibachs
Mister-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
i went with Pedders. But you couldnt go wrong with any manufacturer IMO.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #8
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
While I am only a happy customer, I would give the edge to Pedders. I do track my car and the Pedders parts, and service have been second to none. Take some time and search this forum and you will find some of the others have had issues.
When you take price, service, performance, and quality It is my humble opinion that Pedders is way out front on every aspect.
I would suggest giving either Pete, the pres. a call or any one of his dealers, they will point you in the right direction and get you the most bang for your buck.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
Ryan2011RS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS dusk edition .
Went with BMR. Although Pedders and pfadt are great and look amazing . But if your really gunna get the same results why buy the more expensive pair? Thanks for all the opinions tho guys
Ryan2011RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #10
TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl

Drives: 2011 Cyber Gray Camaro
so when people talk about lowering springs effecting the longevity of the stock struts, is that something i really need to worry about??

*i know absolutely nothing about suspension (trying to learn) and really don't know what to do to improve my 2011 v6's handling. It's not like it's bad, but i've just done all the bolt ons for my engine so now its on to the next thing haha
Old 06-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #11
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlack-CyberGray-Pearl View Post
so when people talk about lowering springs effecting the longevity of the stock struts, is that something i really need to worry about??

*i know absolutely nothing about suspension (trying to learn) and really don't know what to do to improve my 2011 v6's handling. It's not like it's bad, but i've just done all the bolt ons for my engine so now its on to the next thing haha
As long as you do not go too low you do not need to worry. Something in the 1 inch range will not dramatically impact service life but when you start talking about 1.5+ inch it will. Ride quality will also suck. Sway bars are one of the biggest bang for the buck suspension mods you can do. If you are looking to spice things up I would suggest looking into them. Feel free to PM me or give us a call anytime you have questions. That is what we are here for.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
MRGOODWRENCH3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I love my PFADT springs. Looks and rides great.
MRGOODWRENCH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #13
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2011RS View Post
Went with BMR. Although Pedders and pfadt are great and look amazing . But if your really gunna get the same results why buy the more expensive pair? Thanks for all the opinions tho guys
We definitely appreciate you using BMR Suspension for all your suspension and chassis needs. It is hard to beat the affordability of our springs especially considering they have a lifetime warranty and are made here in the USA. :flag2:
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
What about for people looking at a 1 inch drop only? I have a splitter and do not want to go lower.

Tags
bmr, pedders, suspension