Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-10-2016, 02:38 PM   #1
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Camaro Forums?

So, are there any other "active" Camaro forums besides this one that we can go to? Nothing wrong with this forum, but more info/photos is better. lol
Just wondering. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2016, 03:00 PM   #2
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Mustang6g has tons of Camaro info, albeit a bit biased
Old 09-10-2016, 03:22 PM   #3
tones2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
LOL
I know. I read them all the time.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:40 PM   #4
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I don't get the mustang vs Camaro vs challenger vs whatever thing.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:43 PM   #5
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
LMAO.. so true. This is just about the only car forum not owned by Internet Brands which is kind of nice.

You might find some good local club forums. A few are pretty active and if there is one in your area that's a great way to support the cause.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:53 PM   #6
wrtowman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
Its the Facebook age.
2011 SGM Camaro 1SS/RS A6 - Vengeance Racing built/tuned. 590RWHP/560RWTQ, ADM LSA Conversion, 2.5 Grip-Tec, ZL1 fuel pump, ADM FPCM, FIC1000, VRPD2 Cam and LS3 Conversion with all the internal goodies, American Racing 1 7/8 Headers, no cats, SW Retro Cat Back, ADM Intake, AFCO HX, Varimax Pump, Rotofab Reservoir, B&M Transmission Cooler, VMAX TB, Elite Engineering CC, BMR LCAs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, DSS 1000hp axles, ZL1 Bumper and Sideskirts, Night Owl Halos, Matte Black 20" Rohana RC-22 with 20x10-275s/20x11-315s, R1 Concept Premier Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads.
wrtowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #7
tones2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
LMAO.. so true. This is just about the only car forum not owned by Internet Brands which is kind of nice.
You might find some good local club forums. A few are pretty active and if there is one in your area that's a great way to support the cause.
Thanks, I'll have to give a go with a local Google search.
I was on LS1tech back in the day when I had my Camaro. Haven't been on there in years though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrtowman View Post
Its the Facebook age.
Yeah,...that's true. But, I belong to 3 Mustang forums. I was just wondering if there were any other active Camaro Forums to join and get info from.
I will have to join some Camaro pages on Facebook. Thanks.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:17 PM   #8
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
Thanks, I'll have to give a go with a local Google search.
I was on LS1tech back in the day when I had my Camaro. Haven't been on there in years though.

Yeah,...that's true. But, I belong to 3 Mustang forums. I was just wondering if there were any other active Camaro Forums to join and get info from.
I will have to join some Camaro pages on Facebook. Thanks.
I hit up LS1Tech from time to time but as far as 5th and 6th Gen Camaro stuff this is really the best place.

But you're right the Mustangs have 2 or 3 different sites. Some of that is born from getting disgruntled at one site and moving to another. That happens here as well, but none of the other sites have taken off and are super slow as far as posts due to low traffic.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:07 PM   #9
tones2SS

Quote:
I hit up LS1Tech from time to time but as far as 5th and 6th Gen Camaro stuff this is really the best place.
But you're right the Mustangs have 2 or 3 different sites. Some of that is born from getting disgruntled at one site and moving to another. That happens here as well, but none of the other sites have taken off and are super slow as far as posts due to low traffic.
This is a great site though. Camaro 5 as well, even though I am more interested in the new ZL1 coming out.
Keep up the great work guys!
Old 09-11-2016, 06:16 PM   #10
Barbosa
Banned

Drives: Hummer
Quote:
I hit up LS1Tech from time to time ....
I agree -- I like LS1Tech.com ... and very few rules ... Posters can agree to disagree without being scolded by the Forum Principal.
Barbosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:53 PM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbosa View Post
I agree -- I like LS1Tech.com ... and very few rules ... Posters can agree to disagree without being scolded by the Forum Principal.
Couple of schools of thought for that one. I too don't mind speaking my mind over there sometimes, but if you're new on LS1Tech or YellowBullet it can be very intimidating and some read, but will never get involved and post... or if they do and get blasted they never go back.

Here, with a few more rules, the newbies can participate and it sort of keeps things fresh. As time goes on with more posts they end up sticking around. Some don't like the extra policing and sometimes end up moving on, but everyone knows how this site is and pretty used to it now. Sort of PG rated.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:18 PM   #12
00 Z/28

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
LS1tech is still fairly active. While dedicated to 2nd gen, NastyZ28 has a good core group too.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:22 PM   #13
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
This is a great site though. Camaro 5 as well, even though I am more interested in the new ZL1 coming out.
Keep up the great work guys!
Thanks and I can't wait to see the new Z on the streets this fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Z/28 View Post
LS1tech is still fairly active. While dedicated to 2nd gen, NastyZ28 has a good core group too.
I may be wrong but I believe that is the largest car forum out there.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:01 PM   #14
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I prefer this forum to the others. While I don't post a lot, I have been here for some time and find this forum a great source of knowledge and even comedy from time to time. I prefer the rules and regulations here over the loosely operated forums. I have even seen some who are on here quite often in one of the other forums bad mouthing members on this forum. I also like the lack of advertising seen in every other post elsewhere.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote