Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #1
StanTheMan

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
SS badges for 2014 Camaro?

I am awaiting delivery of my 2014 Camaro in about 3 weeks. It's a 2SS but unfortunately cars delivered to dealers outside the US do not bear any of the badges. Even the headrests don't have SS embroidery. Anyway, my question was whether somebody can let me know of a place I can buy them. I've seen them on eBay but I'm not sure how the badge on the front grille attaches. Is it just glued on or is there a special frame holding it? As for the back, that's easier but I wasn't too sure about the front and if there's a place selling them I'd much rather buy them both together as opposed to one from eBay and the other one from another vendor. Thanks in advance

Regards,
Stan
StanTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #2
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Stan,

You can get painted ones from Lupe at River City Creations. His website is:

http://www.camarocustoms.com/

Good Luck !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #3
StanTheMan

Woah, those are a bit pricey. OEM badges go for 23 bucks on eBay
Old 01-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
StanTheMan

Oh and it all seems that I need some kind of a plastic bracket that attaches to the grille itself and then the badge is put on that bracket. I've found one on eBay but no clue whether it will fit the new 2014 grille
Old 01-24-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
ka1

Drives: 2011 2SS
Wow what is the reason for no badges?
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
StanTheMan

I've no idea. There's no SS branding at all. As I mentioned above, not even headrest embroidery. We don't really have much to choose from. The only Camaro available from the dealers in Bulgaria (and probably most EU countries) is a full optioned out 2SS. Only options I had to choose from were sunroof and leather interior color...Everything else, leather interior, Sat Nav, HUD, RS package, polished wheels and all that kind of stuff, comes as "standard"
Old 01-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #7
RickGM

Drives: 2013 SS V8 L99 Magnusson Heartbeat
That's changed then since I bought my UK spec in October 12 (2013 model 2SS). Options were colour, stripes, manual or auto, polished or painted wheels, coupe or convertible, sunroof. Think that was pretty much the lot. Sat Nav was not available
Old 01-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #8
StanTheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickGM View Post
That's changed then since I bought my UK spec in October 12 (2013 model 2SS). Options were colour, stripes, manual or auto, polished or painted wheels, coupe or convertible, sunroof. Think that was pretty much the lot. Sat Nav was not available
Yes, sorry about that, I did have the option for the gearbox and color and coupe of convertible, although colors selection was very limited.

Anyway, anybody got any input on the badge?
Old 01-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #9
Macina

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT AGM
I just bought the ss badge for my 2014 2ss/rs and the bracket for the grill emblem is the same from 2010 to 2014. Bought both bracket and emblem from ebay. Genuine GM. Fits perfect! Why we here in europe doesn't get the ss badges/stitching is simply because Adolf, Germany and the 2 world war. SS logo I banned in germany. Simple and stupid as that. Im really bummed out about the stitching on the headrest. The recaros looks so empty here in europe!!
Mods: OBX 1.7/8" LT headers, No cats, SW retro chambered cat back, CAI inc cai, JRE Scoop, roto-fab wb relo kit, RX catch can, Vmax ported TB, 1LE steering wheel, 1LE shift knob/boot, SCT tuner, Anthracite plasti dipped wheels, Apex/Pfadt 1.25" lowering springs.
Macina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:33 PM   #10
Macina

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT AGM
So empty...
Attached Images

Mods: OBX 1.7/8" LT headers, No cats, SW retro chambered cat back, CAI inc cai, JRE Scoop, roto-fab wb relo kit, RX catch can, Vmax ported TB, 1LE steering wheel, 1LE shift knob/boot, SCT tuner, Anthracite plasti dipped wheels, Apex/Pfadt 1.25" lowering springs.
Macina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:59 AM   #11
StanTheMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macina View Post
So empty...
Ah, you lucky bastard. We don't even get the Recaros as an option in Bulgaria. All I get is the standard leather seats.

Is the lack of any SS designation really because of the whole SS crap during the WWII?
Old 01-25-2014, 03:07 AM   #12
RickGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanTheMan View Post
Is the lack of any SS designation really because of the whole SS crap during the WWII?
I find that difficult to believe. Let's not forget that our pals across the pond played a massive (crucial) part in WW2 and it hasn't stopped them using it (and why should it ?).
Old 01-25-2014, 03:14 AM   #13
redleader
redleader

Drives: 2010
SS badges for 2014 Camaro?

http://emblempros.com/camaro

http://emblempros.com/badges4?b=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 04:04 AM   #14
RickGM

It's surely far more fun taking the "GTi Twin Turbo Nitrous Oxide GXL Superfast" badge off the back and replacing it with "L or Base Model" but then ripping every boy racer that wants to have a go.

TRUE STORY - I had a base Sierra 1.6 company car many moons ago. I was bitterly disappointed coz I wanted the L spec. I got a silver coated plastic Christmas cake decoration which spelled out Happy Christmas. I cut the Happy off leaving just Christmas and stuck it on the back of my shite base model Sierra. The MD at the time, once he'd seen this, asked why the badge on the back said Christmas and with great delight I advised him that it was a Noel. That's the God's honest truth !!