Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 03-12-2014, 10:17 AM   #1247
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
What about if you initiate the rental on your ps4 will you be able to continue on the vita or vise versa?
They haven't actually mentioned that, though it's a good question. I assume (and you know what they say about assumption) that rentals on the service will be universal. OnLive for instance didn't care what hardware you accessed your library from because it was streamed from THEIR hardware. Your account verification was enough. I can't say that's the case for PS Now, but it would be a really dumb idea NOT to make it universal.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:20 AM   #1248
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
They haven't actually mentioned that, though it's a good question. I assume (and you know what they say about assumption) that rentals on the service will be universal. OnLive for instance didn't care what hardware you accessed your library from because it was streamed from THEIR hardware. Your account verification was enough. I can't say that's the case for PS Now, but it would be a really dumb idea NOT to make it universal.
That's what I was thinking too but guess it's still in the feeling out process so we will get the answers soon enough, just curious how this will play out
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #1249
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Well...Sony doesn't ALWAYS have the best track record when it comes to making decisions that seem like no brainers...so we'll see I guess.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #1250
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
What about if you initiate the rental on your ps4 will you be able to continue on the vita or vise versa?
When the Vita version gets released, yes you will be able to. This was answered in the initial Q&A when PSNow was first announced.

Remember folks, the summer release that has been said is only for the PS3 and PS4 versions. The Vita, PC, and tablet versions will be coming later but don't have a eta right now.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:20 PM   #1251
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
Infamous looks fantastic. Can't wait for it, personally not a big fan of Killzone. I think its cause of the weighted feel of movement
+1 on infamous, best graphics to date for consoles, especially considering its an open world game. I've been waiting for this game since launch.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #1252
MikeMoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
When the Vita version gets released, yes you will be able to. This was answered in the initial Q&A when PSNow was first announced.

Remember folks, the summer release that has been said is only for the PS3 and PS4 versions. The Vita, PC, and tablet versions will be coming later but don't have a eta right now.
Ok so what about going from ps3 to ps4? Will you be able to use the cloud save to transfer your save file to play on different consoles?
Old 03-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #1253
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Ok so what about going from ps3 to ps4? Will you be able to use the cloud save to transfer your save file to play on different consoles?
It was all covered in the initial Q&A. Saves on games from PSNow are 100% playable on other PSNow devices as long as your account is activated on that device.

Start playing on the PS4 and someone else wants on. Save and go to the next room and keep playing on the PS3. Oh time to leave to go to a relatives. Save and pick up where you left off on the Vita in the car. Once you get there, save and hop on their computer and keep playing.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:26 PM   #1254
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Am I the only one not excited whatsoever about PS Now? The PS4 has really been disappointing me lately. No new games, no software updates, no nothing. I should have waited on getting the PS4, it was way too hyped up for what it is.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:57 PM   #1255
Mr_Draco

If PSNow included the older games I would be excited but since it is only going to have PS3 and PS4 games, I don't care for it.

I said earlier in the thread, jumping into the new gen the first year or 2 is a mistake and has always been since the Super Nintendo days. Every time a new console comes out, there simply is not enough games out to warrant such a large purchase for the first couple years. There is only 2 maybe 3 games I would buy for the PS4 that is out right now, there is 0 games on the Xbone that I would buy right now because everything I would buy is available on the PS4 or the PC.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:01 PM   #1256
mikeyg36

Here's the thing, I enjoy my XB1 and I felt like it was a good purchase. I don't feel that way about PS4. Maybe it's because of my love for Forza.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:10 PM   #1257
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
Here's the thing, I enjoy my XB1 and I felt like it was a good purchase. I don't feel that way about PS4. Maybe it's because of my love for Forza.
I have played the new Forza, and I don't get it. It feels so stripped down. It's like they got to a certain point buttoned it up just to meet a deadline. Granted, PS4 doesn't have a good driving game yet...But it's got the best versions of multiplatform games, remote play, PS Plus, and it's exclusives are pretty good.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:13 PM   #1258
Mr_Draco

Quote:
To me, Forza is crap. But I also think GT is crap too so it's not like I'm taking sides.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #1259
MikeMoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
It was all covered in the initial Q&A. Saves on games from PSNow are 100% playable on other PSNow devices as long as your account is activated on that device.

Start playing on the PS4 and someone else wants on. Save and go to the next room and keep playing on the PS3. Oh time to leave to go to a relatives. Save and pick up where you left off on the Vita in the car. Once you get there, save and hop on their computer and keep playing.
I remember reading it a couple months ago both don't remember the details

Quote:
Am I the only one not excited whatsoever about PS Now? The PS4 has really been disappointing me lately. No new games, no software updates, no nothing. I should have waited on getting the PS4, it was way too hyped up for what it is.
I'm not cause I have most if not all ps3 games I want so it's not for me, I'm just curious

The only thing I'm disappointed with is the replay ability in the games cause there almost isn't any aside from online multiplayer but we will see soon, second son this month them possibly driveclub in April last I checked and the watchdogs in May so they are finally rolling out just a matter of loving up to the hype
Old 03-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #1260
mikeyg36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devryn17 View Post
I have played the new Forza, and I don't get it. It feels so stripped down. It's like they got to a certain point buttoned it up just to meet a deadline. Granted, PS4 doesn't have a good driving game yet...But it's got the best versions of multiplatform games, remote play, PS Plus, and it's exclusives are pretty good.
It's not about the amount of cars or tracks, it's just the way the cars handle. They just have this feel that's hard to explain and is so addicting. The multiplats don't matter since PC beats both, remote play sucks, PS Plus for PS4 is garbage (PS3 and Vita are good), and the exclusives are awful. Killzone and Knack... Wow. Sony hasn't done shit since launch meanwhile MS is actively improving the X1 everyday. I didn't think I'd have buyers remorse over the PS4, but I do.