Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #323
mynetdude

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji276289 View Post
The truth is...I like gadgets. When I walk into an electronics store, I'm like a kid in a candy store. And sadly I'm 66.
ah I thought you'd be younger; but I am not surprised, there's a gentleman in our club who has a Hennessey C5 (700HP), any cop who doesn't know his car thinks he is just a kid until they get to his window LOL... I'd love to see their faces because he's almost 70

When I go to a PC store, music store, any store with electronics... same problem all the gadgets...

I just got a new truck (still have my C5) got some pretty cool gadgets and I've been tempted to pull the stock deck and all there's a nice Alpine deck I like but its $2k (and I got a new CC) I just want to burn a hole in my pocket but I don't because I know I'll be disappointed I didn't wait to spend on something I'd really would like to get.

oh wells... the life of the consumerist... /SMH

Anyway, I would like to get the Soche but I can't realistically see buying it when its full of bugs its just insane!
mynetdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #324
Vikas2k

Drives: '12 Camaro LS V6 6MT, '09 CX9 GT
My scosche kit seems to not be functioning under 47 F or 7 C temperatures. I am freezing driving to and from work without any heat. Others are reporting the same issue but with A/c in hot temperatures.

This issue isn't listed on the original post, someone pls add it. I posted my question ealier on this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386646

If anyone else is having similar issue or know how to fix this, let me know.
Vikas2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:16 PM   #325
batone
2012 2SS/RS vert 6spd

Drives: 2012 Convertible SS/RS
Well, I am no longer on the fence. No damn way I am jacking up a $40,000 vehicle to add aftermarket radio. I'll just buy the OEM nav radio from gen5. May not sound as good as a pioneer or Sony, but it will look good and everything else will work as it should.
batone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #326
MiownZ28

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro SS
To whomever is having TPMS and key-fob range problems, a tech. at Scosche emailed me a firmware update that fixed my issues. the system has been working perfectly since then. I am FINALLY done figuring out what's the cause.
The tech. originally emailed me 3-files but the update wouldn't take (got error message), then he sent me 3 new files (with one of the files empty; 0Bytes) and said to try them. I did and to my surprise the update worked (I actually saw the 0-100% counter), and since then no more issues.

NOTES worth mentioning:
before the successful update, I noticed below triggers for the TPMS light.

1. when I plugged in my generic AT&T mobile phone charger to charge my cell, TPMS light will come on shortly after, so I used another brand charger, and TPMS light will not come one.
So I am not sure if I have a defective charger or what. I just thought it's worth investigating if someone else out there uses same chargers.

2. If I activate the Traction Control (Competitive Mode) I have SS Automatic, the TPMS light will come on short after. ( Maybe it's related to bad ground connection, which I talk about below in point 4.)

3. If I don't have neither cell phone charging or Competitive Mode on, the TPMS light is at bay.

4. Make sure you ground your Scosche and head unit to an actual frame ground spot. there are two metal posts on each side of where the system sits, which you can clearly see ground wires already connected there, so just piggy back off of the same connection. Bad ground connection can create issues.

P.S. I hope this is helpful. If you guys want the firmware files I used for the update, please let me know what's the best way to upload them. or you can go direct to Scosche and ask for them.

Regards,
Mike
MiownZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:44 PM   #327
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
Pm sent
Old 12-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #328
el-guapin
Trust No One!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT/RS
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by batone View Post
Well, I am no longer on the fence. No damn way I am jacking up a $40,000 vehicle to add aftermarket radio. I'll just buy the OEM nav radio from gen5. May not sound as good as a pioneer or Sony, but it will look good and everything else will work as it should.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #329
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
mike, sent you a pm about update as I am having no luck with tpms
Old 01-18-2015, 11:51 PM   #330
Bile_Won
Killer Tomato

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible
Well I got my Kit, and I have a new issue that keeps coming up. I am the kind of guy that like perfect, so after install. The unit works as it is supposed to work, but my 4 Way flashers come on, and do not go out. Everything else is perfect. I have contacted them to see if I need a firmware update or not. Will join the crowd of people with issues on these. I also have the GM5201AB.
Bile_Won is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:46 AM   #331
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I ordered my kit last week and the guy told me they had received the new 2015 firmware update. Mine is at paint right now so it wont be a few weeks until I get it in.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:15 PM   #332
j.curt

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Has anyone had the problem of the head unit not turning off after they install the dash kit. When I turn the car off and remove the keys the kit turn off but the head unit stays on. I tried resting everything and thought maybe it was on a delayed timer with the lights. It stayed on for 30 minutes before I disconnected the dash kit.
j.curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:57 PM   #333
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i doesnt turn off when you open the door? it should.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:10 PM   #334
j.curt

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
It does turn off. Scosche said it is a faulty unit and they are sending me a new one.
j.curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 04:36 AM   #335
GetYouOne

anything to look out for or do? Installing mine today.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:10 AM   #336
GetYouOne

installed my new one today with the Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX everything works including the parking sensors. I'll have to test it out more, but I have a lot of distance for my remote start as well. I think the main thing was going through the Scosche and Pioneer settings and configuring everything correctly. Still need to hook up my USB and AUX ports later today.