Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-11-2017, 07:10 PM   #15
JohnnyC
PURBRED

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1, 2007 Gmc Duramax
Mine works great. Make sure none of your tie straps are too tight and pinching the line closed
Old 08-12-2017, 05:05 PM   #16
the85darkknight

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Green Flash Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
I have the rotofab relocation #2. Everything works fine
Hmmm. I assume you installed as instructed as I did. What would make this happen? It is daily. I wonder if either the lines are still not clear or the pump is badly oriented.

Should I just contact Roto-Fab?
the85darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:07 PM   #17
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by the85darkknight View Post
Hmmm. I assume you installed as instructed as I did. What would make this happen? It is daily. I wonder if either the lines are still not clear or the pump is badly oriented.

Should I just contact Roto-Fab?
I installed it as the instructions said. I hooked the relocate up to a roto fab race scoop (maybe thats a a difference). I also cut off a lot of rubber hosing to the point I had to turn the pump so the bottom hose, where the fluid goes to the sprayers, wasn't pinched slightly. But I've had zero problems with it and even used it today which is a rare occurrence.

You could also have a zip tie on too tight causing a pinch.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:39 PM   #18
the85darkknight

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Green Flash Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
I installed it as the instructions said. I hooked the relocate up to a roto fab race scoop (maybe thats a a difference). I also cut off a lot of rubber hosing to the point I had to turn the pump so the bottom hose, where the fluid goes to the sprayers, wasn't pinched slightly. But I've had zero problems with it and even used it today which is a rare occurrence.

You could also have a zip tie on too tight causing a pinch.
I am willing to check that then. I have the pump pointing straight down with the hoses just curving. The scoop will only make a difference if you pinched the hose behind the metal (which I doubt anyone has done).

Any other theories are welcome. I still have to clear it before I use it every time, and it might be time to talk with Roto-Fab.
the85darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:15 PM   #19
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
actually have washer fluid in there. Glass cleaner and water wont work...........I tried
Old 08-19-2017, 06:12 PM   #20
dentnshell

Drives: Black 2014 2SS
Way back when I did my relocate, I placed two zipties lengthwise on the hose one on the top and one on the bottom of the hose. Since the hose had to make a "U" turn, I used the plastic length of the ziptie to structurally hold the hose so that it did not kink. With the plastic on the top and bottom of the hose, I used electrical tape to hold everything in place. Basically I taped a U shaped bend into my hose. Zero issues.
Mods: LSA Conversion 2.5" Upper Pulley, 65# injectors, GPI SS1 Cam, SP Long Tubes, ADM Race Scoop & CAI, NPP exhaust (DIY control), BMR 1" lowering springs, ZL1 Rear Differential / Axles, CF Side Strip / Hood Spear, Tint - Windows / Tails / Sidemarkers, Splash Guards, ADM Boost Gauge, ABL Dashkit, '68 Script Badges, ACS T4 Splitter, ZL1 Rockers from Gary's, Z28 Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Hood Vent, Summer - MRR FS01 Satin Black (10" Front 11" Rear) Winter, pictured-Drag DR 64's Satin Black (9" Front-10" Rear.)
dentnshell is offline   Reply With Quote