Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-16-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Sterling Silver vs Polished Aluminum

I ordered my ABM 2SS back in January and am taking delivery next week since it was shipped on Wed. I thought the 2SS package came standard with Polished Aluminum 20" wheels. I just found out it was the Sterling Silver that comes standard. I saw the silver on a 2SS that was at the dealer and thought it looked fine. My question is, is there a real big difference? Also, is there an after market available to change the wheels if I want to down the road. It is too late now since my car is arriving anyday. Any info would be most appreciated. Thanks!
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
There will be so many aftermarket things for your car you will only be limited by your imagination and your wallet...
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #3
steelmart

Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
The RS comes with midnight silver wheels. I got the RS but added the polished. It's all prefrence. They will both look assume. I just prefer the polished with a black car.
steelmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #4
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
There will be so many aftermarket things for your car you will only be limited by your imagination and your wallet...
I figured as much, so much opportunity with this car for after market additions. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelmart View Post
The RS comes with midnight silver wheels. I got the RS but added the polished. It's all prefrence. They will both look assume. I just prefer the polished with a black car.
I saw the standard wheels for the 2SS package and they were very sharp looking but I heard the polished is even nicer.
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
I ordered my ABM 2SS back in January and am taking delivery next week since it was shipped on Wed. I thought the 2SS package came standard with Polished Aluminum 20" wheels. I just found out it was the Sterling Silver that comes standard. I saw the silver on a 2SS that was at the dealer and thought it looked fine. My question is, is there a real big difference? Also, is there an after market available to change the wheels if I want to down the road. It is too late now since my car is arriving anyday. Any info would be most appreciated. Thanks!
Ask if anyone on the forum wants to do a trade or swap.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Hey, BrianGriffin78. The polished of course are not painted, which to me makes them superior. Haven't seen the polished, but they should resemble chrome wheels, although probably not quite as bright.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:04 PM   #7
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Sterling Silver?

Didn't know that companies made rims with semi-precious metals. Isn't silver a little on the soft side?
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 08:08 PM   #8
Super Sport

Drives: Mazda 3 GS 2008.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post
Sterling Silver?

Didn't know that companies made rims with semi-precious metals. Isn't silver a little on the soft side?
I think the reference is more-so color than it is build material.
Super Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
1camaro4me

Drives: Ordered: 2ss w/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sport View Post
I think the reference is more-so color than it is build material.
Son-of-a-bit_h.

You mean the dealer lied to me about the "metallic gold" paint on my '98 pick-up.
Your Camaro's traveling through another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wonderous land who's boundaries are that of imagination. Your Camaro's next stop........AREA 51.
1camaro4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:12 AM   #10
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro4me View Post
Son-of-a-bit_h.

You mean the dealer lied to me about the "metallic gold" paint on my '98 pick-up.
Will these fit on my Camaro? Or is it gonna mess with the tire pressure monitoring system???
Attached Images

FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #11
1camaro4me

Drives: Ordered: 2ss w/RS IOM
Quote:
Will these fit on my Camaro? Or is it gonna mess with the tire pressure monitoring system???

I saw a Mustang the other day with those exact rims.
Your Camaro's traveling through another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wonderous land who's boundaries are that of imagination. Your Camaro's next stop........AREA 51.
1camaro4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:33 AM   #12
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
Oh my.....please don't put those on a Camaro..
Old 05-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #13
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Polished looks MUCH better... but if you plan to buy aftermarket then go painted and save the 470 bucks. You will find an endless array of options.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #14
Sinergy

Drives: em crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Oh my.....please don't put those on a Camaro..
The only thing those would look good on is maybe a 72 Monte Carlo as it's bouncing 6 ft in the air.
Sinergy is offline   Reply With Quote