Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
"But it's stripped down!"

Just how stripped down is the 2014 Z/28? Let's break it down.
It has (or most likely will- if not confirmed), in no particular order...

-power steering (variable assist electric)
-power brakes
-power mirrors
-ABS
-power windows (express up/down)
-power locks
-power trunk
-keyless entry w/panic alarm
-tilt steering
-telescoping steering
-cruise control
-4 seats
-6 airbags
-2 cupholders
-12V power outlet
-stability/traction control (if you're silly enough to keep them on in this car)
-radio with CD/MP3 player, AM/FM, XM, auto-volume, 6-page preset menu, 3-band EQ, 10-minute on-after-key-off feature, anti-theft, and one decent speaker
-steering wheel mounted controls
-configurable lock/unlock and horn/light settings
-automatic headlights
-2 trip odometers
-compass
-exterior temp gauge
-average mileage/speed displays
-message center
-delayed courtesy light
-heater/defroster
-rear defroster
-air conditioning (if you want it)
-cabin air filter
-huge trunk (albeit with a comically small opening)
-glove box (lockable)
-door panel storage
-center arm rest/storage
-console front storage tray
-alarm
-auto-dimming rear view mirror
-variable intermittent wipers
-windshield washer
-OnStar with lock-out protection, turn-by-turn, theft tracking, and emergency response
-a full GM warranty
-and a partridge in a pear tree

There may or may not be a couple things I forgot.

Some of you sissies need to quit whining, this thing does everything but wash the dishes for you.
Just my not-quite-humble opinion.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
LeanPocket

Drives: 2010 2SS
I think we all assumed that as fact.

I think the issue is this,
its a $60,000 super base camaro.. :/
Old 04-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
I wish they would just releas the price all ready
Old 04-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
The past week has made me realize how society has ruined the automobile. Few consider the parts that actually make the car perform as features. Fully loaded means navigation, heated and cooled seats, quadruple climate control, 24 way power memory seats, and now a vacuum…. basically bloated mobile homes on wheels. Every year the manufacturers must come out with more options to make people feel like they are getting a good perceived value and one step ahead of the Joneses.

Understandably people have a hard time hearing “the most expensive Camaro has no A/C no speakers no carpet”. These aren’t the things people have been lead to believe are important. Just like the most expensive Camaro isn’t the one with the most horsepower or the one that is fastest in the quarter mile. So nobody understands why it is so expensive because if it isn’t horsepower or a seat massager what is it?

Maybe the Z/28 and other cars like it will start shifting the expectations and open up a new world for those willing to listen. This is a purpose built car. It is not meant for the masses. I am in a way shocked GM is building it but also very impressed at the same time.

For those crying for these creature comfort options, put the shoe on the other foot for a minute and realize why some don’t want to lug those around the track lap after lap. Now maybe you will understand? Weight kills performance. Some people don’t care about a radio when they are driving a car like this, they are purists in that regard.

dougshelbyengineering.com

www.facebook.com/dougshelbyengineering

www.instagram.com/dougshelbyengineering
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Bomino

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanPocket View Post

Super base?

Last I checked the super base camaro's didn't have a 7L v8 with dry sump, tri y headers, carbon ceramic brakes, recaro seats, 19" forged wheels wrapped in 60TW 305's, etc..
Old 04-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
I dont think it will be 60k due to it being a bse model. Id bet this will compete with the Boss 302 market
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #8
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
In order to sell as many cars as possible, manufacturers avoid purpose built auto's. They serve the needs of a few, not many. Ala carte cars dissapeared decades ago. Accessories and packages are now bundled together into only a few choices/trim levels. Chevy has broke new ground, actually that's a misnomer. They are revisiting history, and bringing a stripper back. Purpose built, like the true COPO car, or factory racers.. as in the glory days. It's kind of cool to think about. It's a modern one off in my mind...like the ZL1,....oh yes you did!!! Chevy did it again...awesome Chevy!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #9
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
The past week has made me realize how society has ruined the automobile. Few consider the parts that actually make the car perform as features. Fully loaded means navigation, heated and cooled seats, quadruple climate control, 24 way power memory seats, and now a vacuum…. basically bloated mobile homes on wheels. Every year the manufacturers must come out with more options to make people feel like they are getting a good perceived value and one step ahead of the Joneses.

Understandably people have a hard time hearing “the most expensive Camaro has no A/C no speakers no carpet”. These aren’t the things people have been lead to believe are important. Just like the most expensive Camaro isn’t the one with the most horsepower or the one that is fastest in the quarter mile. So nobody understands why it is so expensive because if it isn’t horsepower or a seat massager what is it?

Maybe the Z/28 and other cars like it will start shifting the expectations and open up a new world for those willing to listen. This is a purpose built car. It is not meant for the masses. I am in a way shocked GM is building it but also very impressed at the same time.

For those crying for these creature comfort options, put the shoe on the other foot for a minute and realize why some don’t want to lug those around the track lap after lap. Now maybe you will understand? Weight kills performance. Some people don’t care about a radio when they are driving a car like this, they are purists in that regard.
Bravo...

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #10
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanPocket View Post

Super base?
Name a base car that comes with a hand-built, dry sump, 7.0 liter V8 with race engine components, factory CAI, tri y headers, Recaro seats standard, carbon ceramic brakes standard, dual mode exhaust standard, unique forged aluminum alloy wheels standard, street legal race slicks standard, DSSV dampers standard and the list goes on.

You can't see the forest through the trees. You complain a track monster won't warm your butt and tell you where you're going. You must complain that the Vette only has two seats. Why should such an expensive car only have two seats when a Honda Civic has 4 and costs way less.

This car is obviously not for you.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #11
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper View Post
I dont think it will be 60k due to it being a bse model. Id bet this will compete with the Boss 302 market
The LS7 is also around twice the price of the LS3 so I expect the price to be up there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomino View Post
Super base?

Last I checked the super base camaro's didn't have a 7L v8 with dry sump, tri y headers, carbon ceramic brakes, recaro seats, 19" forged wheels wrapped in 60TW 305's, etc..
Super Base huh...

Yeah I'm bored....
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #12
SNK

Drives: 2010 2LT...Black
HAHAHAHAHAHA ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Awesome!!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #13
LeanPocket

super base as in,

bare essentials.. no heated seats.. radio.. 1 speaker.. stripped amenities
Old 04-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #14
LeanPocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Super base?
Name a base car that comes with a hand-built, dry sump, 7.0 liter V8 with race engine components, factory CAI, tri y headers, Recaro seats standard, carbon ceramic brakes standard, dual mode exhaust standard, unique forged aluminum alloy wheels standard, street legal race slicks standard, DSSV dampers standard and the list goes on.

You can't see the forest through the trees. You complain a track monster won't warm your butt and tell you where you're going. You must complain that the Vette only has two seats. Why should such an expensive car only have two seats when a Honda Civic has 4 and costs way less.

This car is obviously not for you.
yes it is not for me