Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #71
southerncarparts

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
We have all the Camaro Borla Systems in stock and ready to ship....

Click on any of the links in the writeup below for ordering and to see pricing....Best prices anywhere for Camaro5 members!

The Borla Exhaust have been HUGE sellers...Since they are so popular and I get the same questions, I wanted to share some thoughts before you make a decision on which one to go with...

There are several flavors for the Camaro now.....
In the ATAK Series you have the
Camaro ATAK CatBack Exhaust System

Camaro Axleback ATAK Exhaust
Camaro ATAK Catback Exhaust for Camaros with Ground Effects Package
Camaro ATAK Axleback Exhaust for Camaros with Ground Effects Package

Then you have the Borla Camaro Catback Touring System (which does not sound much different than stock. For the person who wants the increased performance with no additional change in exhaust note)

and then in the Borla Sport lineup (which is my favorite)...
Camaro Borla Sport Catback
Camaro Borla Sport Axleback Exhaust

and the only 3" Borla system (OEM system and the other above systems are 2.5")
Borla 3" Camaro Sport Catback Exhaust If you get the 3" system, you will also want to get a new Camaro Billet Tunnel Brace as the 3" system will most likely touch your OEM tunnel Plate and rattle, which will drive you nuts!!!

Some thoughts before purchasing any of them.....

All of the Axle back systems require cutting them OEM system (which i am not a fan of, just in case you ever want to go back to stock). There is also one more "dirty"secret about the Axel backs which needs to be known....When you install the Axle back it leaves in place the OEM Pre Muffler that is up towards the middle of the car. Not a big deal, but it DOES change the exhaust note slightly as compared to the Catback systems and does not make the system a true dual exhaust as the Catback does.

Both Axle Back and Catback systems are great systems and make a huge improvement in sound, but if you can afford to spring for the extra cash, do it right and get the Catback.

From a sound perspective, you have the touring which sounds not much different than stock. Then the Sport (my favorite) which bumps it up a notch from the sound perspective, but not too much. At the ATAK which is the most aggressive sounding of them all and is one of the more popular systems.

All of Borla's systems are awesome, but thought prospective shoppers would want to know the down and dirty on each one...

Thanks,

Jim
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #72
OSUPride16

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS
are there any borla tips that will fit the GFX?
OSUPride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:59 AM   #73
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUPride16 View Post
are there any borla tips that will fit the GFX?
The GFX specific systems will work with the stock GFX package. They don't have tips, as the stock GFX package has the tips installed on the GFX rear diffuser, and will bolt up right to that opening there. No aftermarket tips of any kind will work with the GFX rear diffuser.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 04-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #74
OSUPride16

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Thanks
OSUPride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:11 AM   #75
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUPride16 View Post
Thanks
You're welcome! Happy to help.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 05-04-2011, 02:50 AM   #76
Blackshirt56

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 1LE
Hi Jim,
Just got my ATAK from you last Wednesday and installed it the same day. Your instructional video made it look easy! But without a lift... It's slightly harder lol. You were cheaper with shipping than ordering it from a Borla distributor in Florida with shipping!!! Great value, so I will buy from you again. Given that! I followed your school of thought and went for the catback. However I cannot find a set of headers sold with out the X-Pipe... Do you sell headers without the X-Pipe and if so what brands do you recommend for the Borla ATAK? I've read that Kooks requires connection pipes if you buy only headers for the ATAK. Is this true for all brand headers and if so do you sell them?

Thanks!!
Start up and take off. Not real hard considering we finished at midnight lol
Roto Fab CAI
E85 & Tune
10% tints all around
Blackshirt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #77
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirt56 View Post
Hi Jim,
Just got my ATAK from you last Wednesday and installed it the same day. Your instructional video made it look easy! But without a lift... It's slightly harder lol. You were cheaper with shipping than ordering it from a Borla distributor in Florida with shipping!!! Great value, so I will buy from you again. Given that! I followed your school of thought and went for the catback. However I cannot find a set of headers sold with out the X-Pipe... Do you sell headers without the X-Pipe and if so what brands do you recommend for the Borla ATAK? I've read that Kooks requires connection pipes if you buy only headers for the ATAK. Is this true for all brand headers and if so do you sell them?

Thanks!!
Start up and take off. Not real hard considering we finished at midnight lol
Hey,

Glad the install went well. Yeah, without a lift it can definitely be more difficult to get the exhaust in and out from underneath the vehicle, but still doable, yeah?
We do everything we can to offer the lowest prices anywhere for these Borla systems.
Man, the system sounds great. Love hearing these audio clips from installs, the ATAK system never ceases to impress me in both volume and tone. Once it breaks in a little bit more, too, the sound becomes even more well-rounded and powerful, so you'll only grow to love your exhaust more with the passage of time.
We do sell headers without the x-pipe. Some require connection pipes, others don't. Best bet to figure out exactly what you're looking for is to give us a call at our office (770-919-1433) and talk through it with us. Kooks are good headers, but my preference for the Camaro is with the American Racing Headers. Their products are absolutely awesome, very well designed and well made, and they have a shorty option without x-pipe that will meet your needs.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 05-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #78
xBlackout_Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Cyber Grey
i was think the atak axle back but what is the big difference between the atak and the sport?
Old 05-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #79
southerncarparts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackout_Camaro View Post
i was think the atak axle back but what is the big difference between the atak and the sport?
Your major difference between ATAK and Sport comes in tone. The ATAK and Sport are very comparable in volume (the ATAK's a little louder outside of the vehicle, and has a little less drone inside because of the multicore Acoustically Tuned technology). Again, those volume differences are prett negligible. So, then you have to decide between the tone of the two exhausts. The Sport's going to be a little bit deeper and throatier, and with this there's also going to come a bit of raspy-ness or dirtiness in the tone. The ATAK's a little less throaty, but it's also a very very clean exhaust tone. Ultimately, I think the Sport and ATAK are both great systems, you just have one that's a little more muscle-y, and another that's a little more sporty.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 05-26-2011, 10:51 AM   #80
xBlackout_Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncarparts View Post
Your major difference between ATAK and Sport comes in tone. The ATAK and Sport are very comparable in volume (the ATAK's a little louder outside of the vehicle, and has a little less drone inside because of the multicore Acoustically Tuned technology). Again, those volume differences are prett negligible. So, then you have to decide between the tone of the two exhausts. The Sport's going to be a little bit deeper and throatier, and with this there's also going to come a bit of raspy-ness or dirtiness in the tone. The ATAK's a little less throaty, but it's also a very very clean exhaust tone. Ultimately, I think the Sport and ATAK are both great systems, you just have one that's a little more muscle-y, and another that's a little more sporty.

Thanks,
Matt
well it sounds like you just described the sport are more muscley! I was assuming the atak was more muscley.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:36 AM   #81
southerncarparts

Quote:
well it sounds like you just described the sport are more muscley! I was assuming the atak was more muscley.
The sport is a little more muscle-y, honestly, as it's a little bit deeper in tone. I know it's not what you would expect, normally, but that's just the way the two systems sounds. They're both awesome systems, without a doubt. Again, I like the ATAK more, because it's a cleaner sounding exhaust and has a more even crescendo than the Sport, for a more refined/sporty tone. If you're going for a more classic muscle tone, the Sport's going to be a better fit, as it's a little deeper and raspier.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 05-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #82
xBlackout_Camaro

I think i'll be sticking with the ATAK just want to check some of the different deals around, do you guys also have a coupon code?
Old 05-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #83
southerncarparts

Quote:
I think i'll be sticking with the ATAK just want to check some of the different deals around, do you guys also have a coupon code?
No Coupon Code, no. We just keep the Borla exhaust systems for the Camaro on sale at the lowest prices anywhere. If you find anybody that can beat us, please let me know!

Thanks,
Matt
Old 06-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #84
wolfpackfan2317

Drives: '10 SS/RS Cyber gray/Silver stripes
thank you so much for posting this! I will order my cat back ATAK system tomorrow. thank you for the pricing its by far the cheapest anywhere i found
wolfpackfan2317 is offline   Reply With Quote