Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 09-19-2009, 12:54 AM   #57
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Hey 570, have you seen the Brembo replacement rotors? They are two piece and come either slotted or slotted and cross drilled. The price was pretty fair as well, although I cant find the darned site again. I will look again tomorow and post it up, that and some better pads ought to stick like glue.

Hey speed how many clicks are you running on your coilovers?
I think they are still set at 5 clicks front and 2 rear. This was the setting for the softest ride. It rides so smooth that I haven't been able to make myself change it yet.
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #58
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Hey 570, have you seen the Brembo replacement rotors? They are two piece and come either slotted or slotted and cross drilled. The price was pretty fair as well, although I cant find the darned site again. I will look again tomorow and post it up, that and some better pads ought to stick like glue.

Hey speed how many clicks are you running on your coilovers?

Hi MWS,
Nope... I havn't seen the brembo replacements yet..
The ones from Racing Brake are pretty high quality, and remove weight. That, and I paid for the fronts already.

If you find the link post it up. I would be interested in them as well. I would like one set of pads/rotors for street/show (ceramic), and another set for racing (slotted, not drilled, with racing brake pads).
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #59
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Ok found them again, I dont know about the wieght but they sure will look nice, and I am sure they will resist brake fade as they are vented.

I found them at:http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/6...0A3230122.aspx
THey say they price match so if you find a cheaper price post it up.

Pair of Front Rotors
Ships between 09/21/2009 - 09/22/2009
$396.95

Pair of Rear Rotors
$413.95

They also carry Hawk and other high performance pads as well.
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:31 PM   #60
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Ok found them again, I dont know about the wieght but they sure will look nice, and I am sure they will resist brake fade as they are vented.

I found them at:http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/6...0A3230122.aspx
THey say they price match so if you find a cheaper price post it up.

Pair of Front Rotors
$396.95

Pair of Rear Rotors
$413.95

They also carry Hawk and other high performance pads as well.
Those are better than stock. They will definately look better than stock rotors.

The racing brake rotors will be the next upgrade from those brembo's that you found. The racing brake rotors are twice the price of the brembo's, but have some advantages. Compare the expanded pictures of the brembo to the RB rotor. You will see a big difference in design.

Here is a link to the racing brake rotor for the camaro.
http://www.racingbrake.com/CAMARO_SS...114-381-01.htm

They will have two styles for the camaro.
A slot in the rotor similar to the one you just found (doesn't go through),
and a slot that does go through to the cooling fins.

Another difference is the 2 peice design. It will allow better cooling as the rotor is open from both sides. The metal is a premium material for the Racing brake rotors. There are a few differences - click on the disc finish on that page to see the advantages to their rotors.

It is more than just lighter weight. They are also dynamically balanced. Combine those features with better cooling, and a better base metal.

I think they are worth the extra cost. The Racing Brake rotors will perform good for me as i plan on running road coarses near the end of the summer.

If you are only doing a limited amount of drag racing, the Brembo's would be a nice upgrade. They will look much better than stock, and are a step above. If you are going road racing, the Racing Brake rotors are the premium choice.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #61
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Those are better than stock. They will definately look better than stock rotors.

The racing brake rotors will be the next upgrade from those brembo's that you found. The racing brake rotors are twice the price of the brembo's, but have some advantages. Compare the expanded pictures of the brembo to the RB rotor. You will see a big difference in design.

Here is a link to the racing brake rotor for the camaro.
http://www.racingbrake.com/CAMARO_SS...114-381-01.htm

They will have two styles for the camaro.
A slot in the rotor similar to the one you just found (doesn't go through),
and a slot that does go through to the cooling fins.

Another difference is the 2 peice design. It will allow better cooling as the rotor is open from both sides. The metal is a premium material for the Racing brake rotors. There are a few differences - click on the disc finish on that page to see the advantages to their rotors.

It is more than just lighter weight. They are also dynamically balanced. Combine those features with better cooling, and a better base metal.

I think they are worth the extra cost. The Racing Brake rotors will perform good for me as i plan on running road coarses near the end of the summer.

If you are only doing a limited amount of drag racing, the Brembo's would be a nice upgrade. They will look much better than stock, and are a step above. If you are going road racing, the Racing Brake rotors are the premium choice.
Good find, very good choice indeed! I agree if you are going to do extended road racing they are the way to go. The weight savings is there, your exhaust upgarde you are doing will save weight as well. They say those stock mufflers wiegh like 40 lbs. I think you are going to have one race ready machine.
Pedders think 305's (tires and 19inch wheels) will really help the handling.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #62
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Good find, very good choice indeed! I agree if you are going to do extended road racing they are the way to go. The weight savings is there, your exhaust upgarde you are doing will save weight as well. They say those stock mufflers wiegh like 40 lbs. I think you are going to have one race ready machine.
Pedders think 305's (tires and 19inch wheels) will really help the handling.
Yes, I have already begun the Camaro Diet...

I'm not sure about the 305 sized tires. When I was talking to mike at pedders, he said they had less than a pencil width of clearance between the tire and the shock/coilover.

i am going to hold off until the suspension kit is fully installed before deciding on tire/wheel combination. All I know right now is it will be a 19" setup. I won't have the suspension until November.. Going to have all winter to figure out the tire clearance. Besides, I spent so much money on Mods I need to let the bankbook heal a little bit before I add any more.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #63
mws444

Ok Ryan is back from vacation and sent me a couple of photos. Says I am third in line for the machine shop...maybe this week, guessing three weeks to completion right now. All the blocks shown are 650 packages, I think we are up to 5 now.
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #64
600hp-lpe

Hey MWS, the Racing brake rotors are expanding the pre-buy for us. We are now able to get 30 customers in on the front AND rear rotors. If interested, you need to register and post in the thread for 2010 camaro rear rotors.

The open slot rotor will be a great addition, and they are 25% off for the pre-buy.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:14 PM   #65
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Hey MWS, the Racing brake rotors are expanding the pre-buy for us. We are now able to get 30 customers in on the front AND rear rotors. If interested, you need to register and post in the thread for 2010 camaro rear rotors.

The open slot rotor will be a great addition, and they are 25% off for the pre-buy.
What is the expected ship date on these?
Old 09-23-2009, 07:11 AM   #66
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
What is the expected ship date on these?
about 4-5 weeks out. should be the first of November.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #67
mws444

Ok, the latest is we are waiting on pistons, should be at LPE early next week.
So the way I figure it the end of October will be peddle down time!!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #68
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Mine should be in my garage by the end of next week!
Old 09-24-2009, 02:53 PM   #69
600hp-lpe

Quote:
Yahoo!

Congrat's!

Time to squash mustangs... or leave them in a cloud of tire smoke.
You'll most likely have a traction problem getting all that power to the ground with the stock rubbers... THAT is a good problem to have.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #70
mws444

Quote:
OOOOOOOOOOOO! That makes my heart race.

"You'll most likely have a traction problem getting all that power to the ground with the stock rubbers... THAT is a good problem to have."

I have heard those stock rubbers slip alot. You got to try the "Studded ones" I hear they hook up a lot better.