Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-31-2010, 07:32 PM   #15
BOULI306

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS black stripes
Because in Europe we must have side turn indicators i am really interested in this mod. But i have a question. Did you make the dual intensity wire yourself and does it simply make the LED's light up brighter??

And last question, If i wanted to use them for turn signal only will this be difficult to do?

Thanks
BOULI306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #16
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOULI306 View Post
Because in Europe we must have side turn indicators i am really interested in this mod. But i have a question. Did you make the dual intensity wire yourself and does it simply make the LED's light up brighter??

And last question, If i wanted to use them for turn signal only will this be difficult to do?

Thanks
I bought the dual-intensity circuit from AAC and had to solder them in. AAC now gives everyone the option to have the dual-intensity circuit installed for them for an additional $75. Considering what I did that is worth it IMO.

The standard LED side marker light w/o the dual-intensity circuit is very bright. In the AAC modification the side marker LED is a bit dimmer, but when the turn signal comes on it really is very bright.

To use them as only turn signals you would need to wire them directly to the each turn signal wire and ground, and not go through the side maker circuit. If that is what you want then you would not need the dual-intensity circuit as that is for having a side marker and also a functional turn signal.

Hope that helps.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:29 AM   #17
BOULI306

What wire do i need to find and splice in the car for the turn signal? I know it's probably very next to the normal turn signal. But it would be easy if somebody could tell me which color the wire is.

Thanks!! I received the lights today and want to install them ASAP, they look great!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:57 AM   #18
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

For the front turn signals on each turn signal the wire you want is the Blue/White wire.

Rear Drivers side wire is Yellow/Black on main wiring harness from body to turn signal lights.

Rear Passenger side wire is Green/White on main wiring harness from body to turn signal lights.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #19
BOULI306

Thanks, Gearhead. That hepls me out bigtime you!!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #20
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOULI306 View Post
Thanks, Gearhead. That hepls me out bigtime you!!
No problem, and enjoy them.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #21
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Thanks for the write up Peter! Instructions are very detailed and helpful to anyone that wants to do this mod!
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:07 PM   #22
notagoat

Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Ordered a ton of stuff from you guys today (HID conversion, led fogs, sidemarkers, interior lighting, and license plate) and I can't wait to receive it!
notagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:12 PM   #23
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by notagoat View Post
Ordered a ton of stuff from you guys today (HID conversion, led fogs, sidemarkers, interior lighting, and license plate) and I can't wait to receive it!
You are going to love the LED Side markers and turn signals. One thing I forgot to mention in addition to having the rear side markers now blink, but when you step on the brake the side markers will also illuminate so you will now have 7 lights in the back of the car to tell someone to stop.

Don't worry if you are braking and turning at the same time the rear side markers will still blink. The lights for the turn and brake lights are dual filament and since we tapped into the turn light it also acts as brake light.

Enjoy.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #24
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
picts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
You are going to love the LED Side markers and turn signals. One thing I forgot to mention in addition to having the rear side markers now blink, but when you step on the brake the side markers will also illuminate so you will now have 7 lights in the back of the car to tell someone to stop.

Don't worry if you are braking and turning at the same time the rear side markers will still blink. The lights for the turn and brake lights are dual filament and since we tapped into the turn light it also acts as brake light.

Enjoy.
hey gearhead,,,you got the picts yet of the turn sigs?? and blinking..
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #25
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
hey gearhead,,,you got the picts yet of the turn sigs?? and blinking..
Sorry I will get the video done tonight. I was working on my other Muscle car and that was keeping me busy.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #26
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Here is the video of the Rear LED side/turn signals.

Old 12-21-2010, 10:30 AM   #27
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
Here is the video of the Rear LED side/turn signals.

Looks great Peter!
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #28
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Subscribed for future reference

Tags
aac, camaro, led side markers