Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-16-2014, 01:02 PM   #1
NewbieDIYer

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Blue Ray Metallic
Install directions for intake/TB

Ok either I suck at searching, or there is no specific instruction on how to install these things lol. But I'm looking for specific as possible instructions for the injen long tube intake and the ported TB. I know people say it's simple enough, but I don't trust myself to open the hood without instructions lol. So I'm just looking for how to position the intake tube, and how to put on the filter. Also the plugs, I'm not sure how to position those. And the replacement washer bottle, I'm not sure how to replace that either. How do I get everything out?
Maybe this will seem simpler once I open the hood and go at it, but as of now, I'm just a little confused on how everything is attached. Basically I just need some simple instructions and tips for what to look out for.
Thanks!
NewbieDIYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:14 PM   #2
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
I can help for the ported TB, but I have a K&N intake.
Assuming you have your intake off, you need to unplug the throttle body wire connector. It's obvious that you pull the red tab out, but there is also a black tab that needs to pressed while you pull the two ends apart. It's dead center of the connector right near the red tab. Unbolt the throttle body and remove. There is a blue o-ring that you need to account for as well. If your new ported throttle body did not come with it's own rubber O-ring then you will be reusing the old one. I usually place the new throttle body up to intake manifold and get the top two bolts started, and then the bottom two. This isn't like installing a wheel but old habits die hard I guess. Make sure the bolts are nice and tight but don't over-do it. You don't want to risk breaking off the plastic female threads of the intake manifold. After that reconnect the appropriate wiring and then get to work on the Injen CAI. Hope that helped!

ps. Some people prefer to unplug the battery before doing this. It won't hurt if you don't do this, but it is a good practice to de-energize things when you're working on them.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
Your Injen CAI will or should have come with instructions. Even though I bought the Injen short ram CAI it came with step by step instructions. If not visit their website you should be able to find instructions their.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:59 PM   #4
NewbieDIYer

Haven't actually opened the injen box yet, so didn't know there was directions haha. 6bangerboom thanks! I'll be using this tmro when I start it up! I've heard it takes about 15-20 minutes so I figured about 2 hours for me haha
Old 05-17-2014, 01:14 AM   #5
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Phil from Tampa tuning has a video for the ported TB, and as stated Injen will come with the instructions or there website has them...maybe even a video as well.

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/do...pa-tuning.html

Not to offend, but this information is so easy to obtain that first of all, if you would have taken the five seconds to open you boxes, and your hood you would most likely have answered your own questions....If that did not work than a few min on Injens website even when ordering-before purchasing, could have taken care of that. A simple web search would have answered your TB questions for sure..

If your so uncomfortable about installing these two things and decide to start a thread asking for detailed instructions of something with out even opening the boxes or your engine compartment, then i would have to suggest taking your car to a professional.

I am by no means trying to insult you, or suggest that your not capable of performing the work, just that your posting leads me to believe that you may be better off having a pro do the work. Seems to me its going to help you avoid future issues in the future.

Good luck and I hope you get your answers.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:05 AM   #6
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
The Injen instructions were some of the best instructions I have ever seen for any install of a mod. follow this step by step and it is simple. Just takes time.

Good luck.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #7
NewbieDIYer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Phil from Tampa tuning has a video for the ported TB, and as stated Injen will come with the instructions or there website has them...maybe even a video as well.

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/do...pa-tuning.html

Not to offend, but this information is so easy to obtain that first of all, if you would have taken the five seconds to open you boxes, and your hood you would most likely have answered your own questions....If that did not work than a few min on Injens website even when ordering-before purchasing, could have taken care of that. A simple web search would have answered your TB questions for sure..

If your so uncomfortable about installing these two things and decide to start a thread asking for detailed instructions of something with out even opening the boxes or your engine compartment, then i would have to suggest taking your car to a professional.

I am by no means trying to insult you, or suggest that your not capable of performing the work, just that your posting leads me to believe that you may be better off having a pro do the work. Seems to me its going to help you avoid future issues in the future.

Good luck and I hope you get your answers.
Thanks for the concern, but I didn't open the boxes because I wasn't going to start the project yet. There's constantly kids running around my house and pets so I didn't want to risk losing anything because the box was open. And I did do a search on here for directions and tips, but only found post-install pics. Those helped but didn't give me any steps on how to go about starting and getting everything in. I usually look to people who have done it before for directions (the purpose of this forum after all) before I go to the manufacturers website. For most products, the manufacturers website gives shitty directions so I figured I would get a real persons experience first.
I'm not trying to come off as rude or defensive, just letting you know I'm not some dummy blindly trying to do things to his car. I was trying to search and do my fair share of research before I do something I've never done before. I never grew up fixing things or working on cars so it's all new to me.
Thanks for the response though and see ya around the forums
Old 05-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #8
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
I wrote up some instructions on installing a ported TB: http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/do...fx-engine.html

I also wrote up my install of my CAI Inc. CAI, which might not help you, but gives you some more pictures to look at?

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/do...s-cai-lfx.html

ChibiBlackSheep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:41 AM   #9
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieDIYer View Post
Thanks for the concern, but I didn't open the boxes because I wasn't going to start the project yet. There's constantly kids running around my house and pets so I didn't want to risk losing anything because the box was open. And I did do a search on here for directions and tips, but only found post-install pics. Those helped but didn't give me any steps on how to go about starting and getting everything in. I usually look to people who have done it before for directions (the purpose of this forum after all) before I go to the manufacturers website. For most products, the manufacturers website gives shitty directions so I figured I would get a real persons experience first.
I'm not trying to come off as rude or defensive, just letting you know I'm not some dummy blindly trying to do things to his car. I was trying to search and do my fair share of research before I do something I've never done before. I never grew up fixing things or working on cars so it's all new to me.
Thanks for the response though and see ya around the forums

i spent a total of five min to find that video of the TB install that includes going to Injen's website. i used google its a great tool. im not really giving you crap for asking the question just the ease of finding that information without the need to start a thread on it.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 05-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #10
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
The search function on here is kinda bad. No offense to the people who work very hard to make this site possible, but, yeah.

If you add this (everything in quotations below) to your google searches you'll find it 100% easier to find what you need from Camaro5...

"site:www.camaro5.com" <--- just add this at the end of your search query (ex. Ported tb site:www.camaro5.com)

I wrote pretty much every thing you need to do for the throttle body install, but a video would honestly help you a lot more. Just don't forget about that black tab on the wire connector!
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:16 AM   #11
1KillerSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
The search function on here is kinda bad. No offense to the people who work very hard to make this site possible, but, yeah.

If you add this (everything in quotations below) to your google searches you'll find it 100% easier to find what you need from Camaro5...

"site:www.camaro5.com" <--- just add this at the end of your search query.

I wrote pretty much every thing you need to do for the throttle body install, but a video would honestly help you a lot more. Just don't forget about that black tab on the wire connector!

totally agree thats exactly what i do with google if i want to find something with C5....search "whatever" / camaro5 works like a charm

and once again please dont mistake what i am saying or have said for negativity to you.

Build thread
Old 05-18-2014, 10:46 AM   #12
NewbieDIYer

I ended up doing it yesterday afternoon. Came out great! It took me a little longer than most people say it takes, but for my first time working on anything I'd say I did pretty well! Thanks for all the help to everyone and for the future mods I'll be sure to search a little more in depth before posting a thread.
Thanks!
Old 05-18-2014, 08:33 PM   #13
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieDIYer View Post
I ended up doing it yesterday afternoon. Came out great! It took me a little longer than most people say it takes, but for my first time working on anything I'd say I did pretty well! Thanks for all the help to everyone and for the future mods I'll be sure to search a little more in depth before posting a thread.
Thanks!

Or you can always send me a PM for help too. As I have been here for over 4 years, been there done that mod for mine. I have always prided myself as willing to help.

good luck and feel free to ask away.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #14
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
I also have the video install thread on this forum

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316961

Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote