Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #841
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Yea but since it's rather easy to drain, I wouldn't find it a problem to just empty it a little sooner than you would with the rx

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #842
Rob21sf

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
re

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Its designed so you can unscrew the bottom half of the can. So it's a lot easier to do than the way you empty the rx one

That design feature is why I'm getting it!
Rob21sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #843
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob21sf View Post

Old 03-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #844
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob21sf View Post
i really do like the Elite draining feature. I hate having to wait Forever for the oil to drain so it doesnt leak in my engine bay. Nothing against rx, just saying.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #845
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Attached Images

BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #846
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
That looks pretty damn good!
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #847
The_Grinch

Drives: car
Those are sick Baylor. Why don't you come and park on the street in my neighborhood for a night.

The_Grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #848
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
When I had an RX can I added a small plastic cap over the end of the drain hose to prevent those lingering drops. I also saw a few remove the drain hose after draining and store in the engine compartment for the next draining. I still would prefer a screw off base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
i really do like the Elite draining feature. I hate having to wait Forever for the oil to drain so it doesnt leak in my engine bay. Nothing against rx, just saying.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #849
SixCyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
When I had an RX can I added a small plastic cap over the end of the drain hose to prevent those lingering drops. I also saw a few remove the drain hose after draining and store in the engine compartment for the next draining. I still would prefer a screw off base.
Smart idea, I just have mine secured with a velcro tie near the top so gravity holds the oil for me.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #850
lscamaro

Anybody been to the track or done some new stuff to the car? I've been itching for some more mods so I've been looking for things to spray paint! It's cheap and keeps me occupied!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #851
SixCyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Anybody been to the track or done some new stuff to the car? I've been itching for some more mods so I've been looking for things to spray paint! It's cheap and keeps me occupied!
Every time I have a "free," day to go drag racing grad school pulls out the BS card!

And funny you mention mods, my to do list is only about half way done but after getting an updated tune I'm so satisfied with my car that I'm going to be happy for a long time! The original tune from Trifecta made my shifting awesome but I didn't feel too much power. I also noticed my exhaust tips would blacken in a day when before they would go months and months and look clean except for the very bottom. I got a leaned out tune and OH MAN the power is ridiculous. Not to mention my MPG around the city went from 16.5 to 21.5. So at the moment I'm happy, just going to put some headlight armor on my tail lights this Saturday.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #852
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
Every time I have a "free," day to go drag racing grad school pulls out the BS card!

And funny you mention mods, my to do list is only about half way done but after getting an updated tune I'm so satisfied with my car that I'm going to be happy for a long time! The original tune from Trifecta made my shifting awesome but I didn't feel too much power. I also noticed my exhaust tips would blacken in a day when before they would go months and months and look clean except for the very bottom. I got a leaned out tune and OH MAN the power is ridiculous. Not to mention my MPG around the city went from 16.5 to 21.5. So at the moment I'm happy, just going to put some headlight armor on my tail lights this Saturday.
Did you have to specifically ask for an updated tune or did Vince actually say something other than "Looks good" when you sent him a log?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-19-2013, 09:36 AM   #853
SixCyl

I sent in the log to BNR with an email with everything I wanted done, they forwarded it to Vince. Basically I listed out the fuel ratio problem, see if my car could start from 1st gear in S mode, and if he could add the M to S mode function on the upshift button. All I got back was a tune with no explanation so I asked what was changed and I was told only the fuel ratio.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #854
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
I sent in the log to BNR with an email with everything I wanted done, they forwarded it to Vince. Basically I listed out the fuel ratio problem, see if my car could start from 1st gear in S mode, and if he could add the M to S mode function on the upshift button. All I got back was a tune with no explanation so I asked what was changed and I was told only the fuel ratio.
Yea, that happens. I don't like that there is no explanation but hey at least an updated tune was included so whatever lol