Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
#168 on EBAY at msrp!

The black looks awesome!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Ca...US_Cars_Trucks
Old 05-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
I would like somebody at Chevrolet to tell me how VIN 168 is in Tennessee, and VIN 086 is still not in Southern California.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikebrinda View Post
I would like somebody at Chevrolet to tell me how VIN 168 is in Tennessee, and VIN 086 is still not in Southern California.
What the heck? That's nutty!

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #4
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
What the heck? That's nutty!
Just tried customer service via chat. They said my car is waiting for a carrier. That may be true, but it's a new line from them. They use to say waiting for railcar. And they had no idea why 168 is in TN, and my car still waiting for a carrier. There have to be plenty of cars going to California. Also emailed the dealer. They had no idea why they have their car and I do not.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #5
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Just tried customer service via chat. They said my car is waiting for a carrier. That may be true, but it's a new line from them. They use to say waiting for railcar. And they had no idea why 168 is in TN, and my car still waiting for a carrier. There have to be plenty of cars going to California. Also emailed the dealer. They had no idea why they have their car and I do not.
Possibly QC issue requiring rework.?.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #6
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Would you buy a car from this guy?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
I'd believe that reason, it blows my mind how impossible it is right now to find enclosed transport. Entrepreneurs take note! Make money and serve a need- drive a car carrier, open a transport business, cluetrain now leaving the station with horn blaring.

But still no excuse why late VINs show up and early VINs sit. One might guess the early VINs have the late VIN parked around them and are not accessible? That is a completely WAG.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #8
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
Possibly QC issue requiring rework.?.
I thought my car had left the factory days ago. Perhaps I am getting "special attention," like the teachers gave me in school.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:01 PM   #9
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
You did not get your car!! I would check on that, it should have come with 57
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:37 PM   #10
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
I would be furious. I think it's a carrier issue.

I remember seeing that #10 and #20 were delivered in Texas before my #5. Mine arrived about a week later.

You have the right to be extremely upset. I would have no hair left if I were you. So sorry :(
Old 05-21-2014, 09:54 PM   #11
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
I would be furious. I think it's a carrier issue.

I remember seeing that #10 and #20 were delivered in Texas before my #5. Mine arrived about a week later.

You have the right to be extremely upset. I would have no hair left if I were you. So sorry :(
At this stage, I am not convinced the shipment of our cars has been given the attention by the appropriate plant management that it deserves. I am thinking someone in authority worked out a shipping solution, ordered it implemented, but is no longer monitoring the details of plan execution. For all we know, once a truck is going in X direction, perhaps it is at the whim of the person driving the cars onto the carrier that is determining which cars go, and which cars sit.

The point is somebody should know, and for sure somebody should find out, why VIN 168 is in Knoxville today and significantly lower VIN's are not delivered. We piece bits and pieces of information together and form an unflattering picture, when there may be a very logical explanation. It would seem to me someone would want to either fix the problem, or communicate and supply the logical explanation to the customers.

Hello? Anybody?
Old 05-21-2014, 09:56 PM   #12
ksupkt87

Drives: 2014 Z/28
So sold cars with vin numbers 59, 68 and 86 are "missing" in Canada while dealers get non-sold higher vin cars to slap on eBay. Totally unacceptable on Chevrolet's part.
ksupkt87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #13
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Nice find!
Old 05-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #14
Mikebrinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksupkt87 View Post
So sold cars with vin numbers 59, 68 and 86 are "missing" in Canada while dealers get non-sold higher vin cars to slap on eBay. Totally unacceptable on Chevrolet's part.
VIN 086 is Southern California, but it is definitely mine and definitely missing while, as you point out, the Knoxville dealer is still trying to sell their allotment on eBay.