Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #15
Tallboy
Say "when"...

Drives: 11 2LT
If they are replacing a headliner under GM's warranty because they creased it, they are comitting Warranty Fraud. I've been a service manager for GM, and gone through a "warranty audit". They better hope this doesn't get flagged...
Tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #16
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I just looked at the service manual, it doesn't say to remove the windshield. It says to remove the passenger front seat, and fully recline the driver's seat. Then bring it in through the passenger side door with the help of an assistant.

So if there is a permanent crease there, I'd make them fix it. And get the antenna sitting flush.

Another thought I had about it sitting flush. There is a foam seal under there. That nut has to be pretty tight to squish that seal down. If the nut isn't tight enough the foam can be pushing it up. Give the fin a little pull up. If you can lift it up a bit pretty easy, the nut isn't tight enough. I've seen antennas that weren't very tight, you could tug on them a bit and see a little gap at the bottom. When that nut is real tight, it doesn't budge.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:54 PM   #17
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Please PM me if you have further concerns with this. You shouldn't have to get the car back damaged. I'll give you the number for Customer Service if you would like to get this addressed in a manner that doesn't leave you with a creased headliner.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:06 PM   #18
zerolm

Drives: Ford F-350/ 2SS/RS M6
Thanks for the info, Russell. The windshield situation would make a huge difference to me as to whether or not to get it changed... Yes you can pull up on it a little, it seems exacly like it is just not tight or something... Number 3, you have a PM, thanks again..
zerolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #19
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
when a dealer telles you they know what they are doing go else where.they say our guys have been doing this for twenty years .twenty years on other cars that are not 2010/11 camaros .trust me i did learn the hard way .pictures to come .
Old 10-25-2010, 10:01 PM   #20
68vert

Drives: 2010 SIM SS/RS, 1968 RS convertible
Make sure they got the proper replacement antenna as well. I think the sunroof, and the non sunroof antenna's are slighty different.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #21
Bulldog68

Drives: 2006 F250 Fx4 6.0 Powerstroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerolm View Post
Thanks for the info, Russell. The windshield situation would make a huge difference to me as to whether or not to get it changed... Yes you can pull up on it a little, it seems exacly like it is just not tight or something... Number 3, you have a PM, thanks again..
Zerolm,

One other thing now that the foam has been mentioned. If it is the same type of rubber foam that is on the bottom of the lights that I put on. Check the fin tomorrow as well. We snugged the lights on my room pretty good, but I could see light underneath the edges of them as well the day we put them on. The next day it got a little closer to the roof and then the day after that it was snug down against the roof and hasn't moved since. That foam is pretty stiff at first and kinda settles like that head liner. Check it tomorrow and see if the gap under the fin doesn't look a little better. I am sure they all move some. But again I don't have my camaro yet, so I can't go out and compair.

I hope it all works out and gets better. I am very picky about my vehicles too when it comes to things like that, so I can totally understand.
Bulldog68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #22
bob vogel

Drives: 2010 rs ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossrs2150 View Post
when a dealer telles you they know what they are doing go else where.they say our guys have been doing this for twenty years .twenty years on other cars that are not 2010/11 camaros .trust me i did learn the hard way .pictures to come .
that's a great alarm. i use the same kind
bob vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:27 AM   #23
black1lt
Step Child Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Red Jewel
Hi, I'm real sorry to hear about your issues with your dealer. Luckily, I haven't had any problems with my car yet - so no dealer trips so far. I would like to mention to you that if the shark fin is not tight against the roof you might have to worry about water getting in when you wash it or drive it in the rain. I would point out to the dealer that they will be liable for any water damage that may occur as a result of thier sup-par work. Just a thought. The headliner in these cars stains real easy - don't ask me how I know. Good luck, I hope you end up happy. Rob

Thank you GREEDY Dodge dealers for sending me to the GM dealer!!! I won't be back.

1971 Plymouth 'Cuda convertible 426 HEMI clone

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda hardtop 426 HEMI clone
black1lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:46 AM   #24
camarossrs2150

Drives: abm2ssrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob vogel View Post
that's a great alarm. i use the same kind
try the crimson trace laser works great.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:16 PM   #25
Big Daddy Kane

Drives: Red 1SS
I'm gonna say they will pull the windshield. I've worked in a collision shop for 14 years. Every headliner that I've removed, or replaced, on every kind of car, has been taken out through the windshield or back window opening. Since the camaro's back window is small, I'm sure, without a doubt, they will take it out through windshield opening. I don't know about them, but I would be nervous as hell tryin to fit a new headliner through the door opening, tryin not to bend it and cause more creases while I twist and turn it up where its suppose to go. With the windshield out, it would slide in a lot easier.
Big Daddy Kane is offline   Reply With Quote