Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-02-2010, 08:07 AM   #1
Bulldog68

Drives: 2006 F250 Fx4 6.0 Powerstroke
Talking To Order or To Buy Off the Lot.....That is the question!

Hello All,

I have been surfing this forum for quite a while and posting here and there where I can provide a little info. It's finally getting close to go time for the look for my Camaro. I wanted to get a consensus and the opinions of everyone about if I should just search for a car on a lot, or go through the process of placing an order? In your opinion what are the Pros and Cons of both?

To help, here is what the plan is right now for what I want.

2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Rally Stripes M6, with either Gray or Black Interior

Thanks in advance,

Bulldog68
Old 12-02-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I tend to wind up ordering vehicles as I can never find the exact color & option combinations that I want. But I would have no reservations about buying off the lot.
Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
For exact color combo you will have to order or compromise. You could always try to find a nice used 2SS for alot cheaper if you have to compromise. I say Order. I did and I have never looked back. There has not been one like mine yet that was not ordered.
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
if i coulda found one with the right color and options, i wouldn't have gone through the torture of waiting for them to make it.

i'm not a very patient person. lol
Old 12-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #5
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
For exact color combo you will have to order or compromise. You could always try to find a nice used 2SS for alot cheaper if you have to compromise. I say Order. I did and I have never looked back. There has not been one like mine yet that was ordered.
Rydell Chevy has only sold one other Summit White one and it had those "butt-ugly" orange stripes on it. Not the black ones and Ground Effects like mine.
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #6
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Order. Having your camaro be exactly the way you want it really is the best and only way to go. I know that you really want it and the idea of waiting a month or so sounds horrible. Just be patient.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:35 AM   #7
Camaro8810

Drives: Black 2010 2LT RS
I bought mine off the lot but that was because I was able to find the exact color/option I wanted at my local dealer. The idea of having a car built just for you sounds pretty awesome though.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #8
YodaOnCrack

Drives: 2011/1LT/RS/VictoryRed/Bl.Stripes
Don't settle for one that doesn't have all the specs you want unless it's a killer deal and/or it's a spec you don't mind living without, or can add later like stripes. Otherwise, order it exactly the way you want (especially if you want the RS package) compairing the dealers in your area that will give you the best bottom line price out the door.
YodaOnCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
I posed the same question about a year ago and bought mine off the lot out of convenience. I'm happier because if I would have ordered it, I probably wouldn't have gotten the stripes. The only problem is knowing that others have test-driven your baby - she feels violated now.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #10
Fidgit

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Black-on-Black
I got a better deal because I bought off the lot, but I also found a car that had all the options and was the right color. I guess I got lucky, but either way, chances are you will be able to haggle with a salesperson about a physical vehicle more-so than a car that only exists on paper...
Fidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #11
Cobra Kai

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS/RS VR!
I ordered but its ok to buy off the lot if you:
Get a better deal
Make sure it doesn't have miles on it or if it does they better take sone $$ off
Check the build date- a 2010 bought now could have been built over a year ago, just as an example
otherwise no reason not to buy one off lot
Cobra Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #12
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
If you can find what you want on the lot without sacrificing anything you really wanted, that's great!

When I bought mine, I couldn't find a white 2LT, non-RS with a sunroof anywhere, so I ordered. I settled on a second choice color and cloth interior on my last vehicle, so there was no way I was settling again on the Camaro.
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:01 AM   #13
CROOPS34

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metalic 2SS/RS
I got REALLY lucky. My dealer found the EXACT car I was looking for with all the options and colour combos on another lot and traded one they had straight up. I had it in two weeks, and it had only been on the other dealer's lot for two or three days, hadn't been test driven, and was still wraped. I would check around and see. You never know what you might find. You might get lucky and find YOUR car.

Good luck.
CROOPS34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #14
mobo

Drives: Black 2011 2SS
I say order. Only downside was it took 9 weeks for it to arrive. I think I ended up with a better deal since I wasn't talked into making a quick decision... Had plenty of time to research prices and options.
mobo is offline   Reply With Quote