Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #15
camaroaarp

Drives: 2010 White LS Camaro
i'd be more concerned about someone hitting on your wife, than messin' with your ride!
camaroaarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #16
Bulldog68

Drives: 2006 F250 Fx4 6.0 Powerstroke
A co-worker here at the office thought it was funny to write things in the dirt on my truck. I knew who it was so I politely told him, "OK yeah it was funny but you need to stop writing stuff on my truck". Apparently he didn't get the hint and a few days later it happened again. And mind you this wasn't something small, this was like writing across my entire hood and the tailgate and maybe the door in large letters. So needless to say him and I had a little discussion, or more so I swore before god that if he touched my truck again that I would stomp is you know what into the ground. He took the hint and it hasn't happened again. The bad part is, I am in my late 20's and he is in his mid to late 40's. Shouldn't this be the other way around??
Old 12-21-2010, 07:58 AM   #17
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
when you wash it if there is any damage first try hand waxing the hell out of the area if it is beyond that hit it with a light compound then followed up by a wax and you should be good. hopefully the car wasnt too dirty before the frost.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:02 AM   #18
LostInMoscow
Exiled Speed Junkie

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog68 View Post
A co-worker here at the office thought it was funny to write things in the dirt on my truck. I knew who it was so I politely told him, "OK yeah it was funny but you need to stop writing stuff on my truck". Apparently he didn't get the hint and a few days later it happened again. And mind you this wasn't something small, this was like writing across my entire hood and the tailgate and maybe the door in large letters. So needless to say him and I had a little discussion, or more so I swore before god that if he touched my truck again that I would stomp is you know what into the ground. He took the hint and it hasn't happened again. The bad part is, I am in my late 20's and he is in his mid to late 40's. Shouldn't this be the other way around??
I'd say if you print out this post and have your wife lay it on his desk, you won't have to say anything else!
Old 12-21-2010, 03:06 PM   #19
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ MSCL View Post
Childish? Yes, but you seem a bit too angry vs. whats been done. Be thankful no one's put door dings in your car or keyed it. I would be aggravated too I suppose. Maybe someone's trying to get some attention from your wife and her hot car.
True, a bit of an overreaction. Look on the positive side. It's not damaged, it is just an annoyance.
Relax and save your energy for real problems. :seesaw:
Old 12-21-2010, 04:33 PM   #20
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
YES it was bad......but at least it was only frost.....I have seen idiots do that on TOTALLY DIRTY CARS and they write WASH ME in the dirt....IF I were to catch someone doing that......you would see me on the 6 o'clock news!! IN CUFFS!
I sure hope so! Letting a car as nice as this get THAT dirty ought to be a crime.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #21
trucker north

Drives: black silver stripe 1 ss
Idiots yes ? Ford driver? Soccer mom? Who knows sorry for your luck. And of course not the Wifes fault either. But at least it can be buffed out,and my wife scraped a tree with mine!!! Divers door Just before our anniversary.So I could not get mad of course a little bourbon I was fine ? Saving to buy a chain saw !!!! then fix the car. Good luck finding this Idiot
morron .
trucker north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #22
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
pardon my ignorance but I am from Southern California and know nothing about frost. So when you scribble something on frost, it damages the car paint? Wouldn't it be similar to scribbling on a dirty car? Unless of course you use actually use hard object to scribble and get down to the paint.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #23
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
pardon my ignorance but I am from Southern California and know nothing about frost. So when you scribble something on frost, it damages the car paint? Wouldn't it be similar to scribbling on a dirty car? Unless of course you use actually use hard object to scribble and get down to the paint.
Any dust or debris under or in the frost will get dragged across the paint, sort of like if your car was wet, but colder and harder.
If the car was dirty and then frosted, it could cause damage. If the car was clean and frosty, not so much.
Either way - using a finger to write on someone's obviously new car is a gauche error in judgement.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #24
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
Any dust or debris under or in the frost will get dragged across the paint, sort of like if your car was wet, but colder and harder.
If the car was dirty and then frosted, it could cause damage. If the car was clean and frosty, not so much.
Either way - using a finger to write on someone's obviously new car is a gauche error in judgement.
thanks for the explanation.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:51 PM   #25
Junkman2008
"Detailing Devil Dog"

Drives: 2001 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post

If you have flawless paint, anything... and I do mean anything that comes in contact with your paint can leave damage. This is also true for paint that is not flawless, it's just that you can't see the forest for the trees. I don't allow anyone to touch my paint. Especially, dates that don't have a clue. One night on the town with someone who allows their purse to sling all over the door, grabs the paint to close the door and often wants to lean up against the car will definitely show up the next day. That date on the other hand, may not ever get a second date.

Yea... I'm kinda anal about my paint.

Junkman2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #26
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
We went to brunch on Sunday, parked on the street, raining for days now. Came out and noticed someone drew a person on my hood! Eyes, nose, mouth. Idiots...can't tell what it did since the car is not garaged and it's STILL raining! We've had over 1 foot of rain so far!

Oh well...I laughed it off at the time...hopefully it didn't leave too much damage as the hood was fairly dirty to begin with.

Sorry about your trunk writing! People don't think...and don't have respect for other peoples things.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #27
LS1owner

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS- SOLD!!
I had a friend do that to my first black V6 and it was there clear as day until I washed it a couple times...that was in DUST though, frost might be ok. The dust grinded into the paint and back in 1995 it wasn't as good as the paint protection is now on a new Camaro i bet youre fine.
LS1owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:26 PM   #28
mulehead7
stubborn as a ...

Drives: '94 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
Do you know anything about rain?

mulehead7 is offline   Reply With Quote