Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
would you do the same????

one of my former coworks went to go have her oil changed at the dealership she bought her car from (its an Chevy Aveo) well they found out that the belt was cracked & it needed spark plugs changed & a seal fixed(the seal is under warrenty so its no big deal) so they were going to charge her $400 for all the work.

I told her to buy the belt & the plugs & wires & bring it over here. she contacts me & offers my husband $50 to change the belt (the belt costed her $20) told her not to worry about the $50 because its to much. if he did the plugs & wires & the belt then the $50 was ok.

would you help someone out like that???? what would you do if they offered you more money than what you think the job is worth?

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
First thing I would do is question if the problems that were found during an "oil change" aren't some sort of sales tactic. Garages aren't exactly known for honesty when they see easy pickings coming.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearer2010SS View Post
First thing I would do is question if the problems that were found during an "oil change" aren't some sort of sales tactic. Garages aren't exactly known for honesty when they see easy pickings coming.
thats what I told her, But she wants the belt changed so we will change it for her. & hand her back the old one.

that way if it was cracked we will show her what to prevent that .

Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:22 PM   #4
greenisgood

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
I think you did the right thing, pretty easy way to help someone out. If they offered more than you thought it was worth, just take what you think is fair. Karma and all that.
greenisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Since you offered in the frist place....I personally wouldn't take a dime.....and just do it for the sake of helping someone out. as greenisgood stated......its all about karma.....what goes around, comes around! both bad and good.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #6
chvyman

Drives: 2SS 45TH,gfx,blade spoiler,h grille
hope you consulted your husband before you volunteered him in case he was busy
chvyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #7
MIQ
A Dichotomy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
400 for a belt and plugs?

MIQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #8
Cbrenthus

Drives: 2011 VR 1SS
It all depends, I'm a little hesitant to get too involved when fixing other people's cars just in case something happens.
Cbrenthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:31 PM   #9
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chvyman View Post
hope you consulted your husband before you volunteered him in case he was busy
yeppers hes the one that said to let her know lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIQ View Post
400 for a belt and plugs?
lol yea I know for just the belt they wanted 95 for & the dealership closer to her wanted 120 for doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrenthus View Post
It all depends, I'm a little hesitant to get too involved when fixing other people's cars just in case something happens.
shes a friend & has no one around her that knows cars but me lol

Old 04-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #10
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Since you offered in the frist place....I personally wouldn't take a dime.....and just do it for the sake of helping someone out. as greenisgood stated......its all about karma.....what goes around, comes around! both bad and good.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:42 PM   #11
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
she kept saying that I was saving her money ($15) by her giving us $50 told her to keep that $50 & by something else for the car. Heck husband said if its just a belt then he may do it for free but if she offers money & we think its with in a good price then we will take it. BUT WILL NOT TAKE the $50 for just a belt change then that will make us almost as bad as the dealerships

Old 04-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #12
Dreamer2430
I need to win the Lotto

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS LS3
Most of the responses you're getting here get the point across. Plus, this woman is your friend. It wouldn't be very friendly to unnecessarily take money from a friend. Tell her just to pay it forward.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #13
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2430 View Post
Most of the responses you're getting here get the point across. Plus, this woman is your friend. It wouldn't be very friendly to unnecessarily take money from a friend. Tell her just to pay it forward.
lol thats what I keep telling her lol, she did hook us up with an awsome place to buy beer close to her lol