Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 02-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #15
Camaro2SSLS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3 6 speed IOM/IOM
Just like lewy Lew said. SEPA5!!
Camaro2SSLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:23 PM   #16
ScottyB911

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Thanks for all the feedback...I think Newark is going to be a very cool place to live for a number of reasons. Here in Minneapolis there are bi-weekly cruise ins down in Hastings and I think Anoka on the opposite weekends... Everything from rat rods to muscle cars, old european stuff to 50s classics. Im really going to miss that because there are always hundreds of cars there and its a great time. I would love to find a club or two that did all kinds or tours and events....great way to see and get to know the area...

Scotty B
ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:28 PM   #17
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
There's shows in the pike creek shopping center during the summer. There's some really cool cars that show up.
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #18
Batman0837

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS # 71394
Welcome, I'm in Middletown too just 15 minutes south of Newark. You'll be just fine here, we're about 45 minutes south of Philly and an hour or so north of Baltimore... Plenty of things to get into...look me up if you ever get a ding or dent, ive been in the PDR (paintless dent repair) business for years.
Batman0837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #19
ScottyB911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman0837 View Post
Welcome, I'm in Middletown too just 15 minutes south of Newark. You'll be just fine here, we're about 45 minutes south of Philly and an hour or so north of Baltimore... Plenty of things to get into...look me up if you ever get a ding or dent, ive been in the PDR (paintless dent repair) business for years.
Anyone know how the job market is for someone who works in the I.T. industry? (preferably law firms, legal technology, or litigation support?) Its a little nerve racking just because I cant even start looking for work there until we get settled.

Scotty B
Old 02-22-2011, 05:26 AM   #20
Gamma
Cars go fast!

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post
Anyone know how the job market is for someone who works in the I.T. industry? (preferably law firms, legal technology, or litigation support?) Its a little nerve racking just because I cant even start looking for work there until we get settled.
I work in IT out of Wilmington here. I'm not too sure about those specific job categories, but since Wilmington is the banking capital you might want to expand your list to IT positions in banking. Chase seems to have been on a IT hiring spree for a while here, for example.

If you need opinions on any companies you're looking at just hit me up and I'll do what I can. Been doing this for a while so I know pretty much all the good and bad in the area.
Gamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:11 PM   #21
ScottyB911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma View Post
I work in IT out of Wilmington here. I'm not too sure about those specific job categories, but since Wilmington is the banking capital you might want to expand your list to IT positions in banking. Chase seems to have been on a IT hiring spree for a while here, for example.

If you need opinions on any companies you're looking at just hit me up and I'll do what I can. Been doing this for a while so I know pretty much all the good and bad in the area.
Thanks for the feedback on that. Im fine with working in places other than law firms, it just that most of my experience was doing IT for them. (Legal Technology is a bit of a specialty) BUT at the end of the day its still IT work and I can do it anywhere. I have heard that Delaware is the banking state...

Scotty B
Old 02-23-2011, 04:58 AM   #22
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
Quote:
Check out Triple A Mid Atlantic website, my wife is a corporate lawyer there.
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #23
oilman63
rjt ordered 10-15 2ss

Drives: 2010 2SS badass camaro
WELCOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6312 View Post
Lived there ALL my life.Newark USE TO BE the place to cruise,now it is illegal.WHAT We put on a CRUISE on the Kirkwood Highway the 2nd Saturday of August for the last 2 years.Thats August 13th this year.It is a mile outside of Newark.Hope to SEE you there.I will post flier after i update it.
I LIVE IN NEWARK AS WELL.
I HAD A BLAST LAST AUGUST.OCEAN CITY CRUISE IS THIS WEEKEND.2 HOURS AWAY BUT WELL WORTH THE RIDE.
ALSO I HAVE A GREAT PICTURE OF THAT MONTE WITH MY GRANDSON IN FRONT OF IT.
oilman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #24
ScottyB911

I hope there will be some activities like this in Aug/Sept (or later...I hear winter doesnt kick in as ealry as it does here)

Scotty B
Old 05-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #25
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
I hope there will be some activities like this in Aug/Sept (or later...I hear winter doesnt kick in as ealry as it does here)
I'm sure there will be some events to attend. As far as winter here, you would be correct. Now depending on how bad you want to drive your car...I was able to keep mine out of storage and steal a day or two the whole way thru the winter. I think the longest that it sat without being driven was just about a week and a half. (That was also trying to ahere to Pirelli's don't drive PZeros in temps below 45 degree warranty as well) so if you don't mind driving on frozen tires you can drive the car even more than I did. I only got bit one time where on the way home DelDot had sprayed brine on the road because snow was coming the next day. So I got to give her a nice thorough bath in 34 degree weather. BRRR!! I think I drove the car consistently until sometime in early-mid December.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #26
ScottyB911

Actually I threw a set of 19" wheels with some Pirelli Scorpions on mine and drove it all year as my daily. I had initially planned to buy a winter car but my job contract ended earlier than I had planned. In all honesty (and granted I have a V6/Auto) that car got around like a champ. After the first couple "big" snowfalls I went out to an open lot and actually tried to get it to drift or kick out but the traction control would kick in as soon as the car would try to slide. (almost worked a little too well to be honest...heh)

Ive always lived in the mid-west so I have a feeling winter is going to be a piece of cake in DE by comparison. In the place we live now I have an underground heated parking space and we have a chain of really good tunnel washes here that offer a $30 per month unlimited washes deal. (and you get the best wash they offer every time with is usually $15 a pop) I typically run the car through 3-4 times a week. (Ive even gone twice in a day after last years spring tour...LOL) Im hoping I can find something like that in DE...Ive been looking at a lot of Apt complexes that look really nice but Im surprised at how many dont have underground parking or even a garage available.

Scotty B
Old 05-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #27
JimW

Drives: 2011 Camaro
in the current market you could find a house with garage to rent cheaper then an apt. especially if you come down here where silverhawk and i live.

of course then that would be a 45min to hour commute to newark
Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #28
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Actually I threw a set of 19" wheels with some Pirelli Scorpions on mine and drove it all year as my daily. I had initially planned to buy a winter car but my job contract ended earlier than I had planned. In all honesty (and granted I have a V6/Auto) that car got around like a champ. After the first couple "big" snowfalls I went out to an open lot and actually tried to get it to drift or kick out but the traction control would kick in as soon as the car would try to slide. (almost worked a little too well to be honest...heh)

Ive always lived in the mid-west so I have a feeling winter is going to be a piece of cake in DE by comparison. In the place we live now I have an underground heated parking space and we have a chain of really good tunnel washes here that offer a $30 per month unlimited washes deal. (and you get the best wash they offer every time with is usually $15 a pop) I typically run the car through 3-4 times a week. (Ive even gone twice in a day after last years spring tour...LOL) Im hoping I can find something like that in DE...Ive been looking at a lot of Apt complexes that look really nice but Im surprised at how many dont have underground parking or even a garage available.

the reason for lack of underground parking is that the water table in this State is very high. In alot of places you are lucky to get a basement.