Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #43
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
Exactly!
i like the way u boys think
BAD BRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #44
BAD BRAD

Drives: 1969 CAMARO 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentry78 View Post
hell i basically is a miller light drink shotgun totin BBQing 4x4 drivng drag racing stump pulling hunting ass kicking redneck

that will help anybody out in the time of need, because that's what us southern boys do

better then y'alls yankee assed blinder wearing wusses

add one more to the list. some of those yanks just dont get it. its a
TEXAS thing
BAD BRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #45
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
I've always been a Camaro/Firebird performance car guy (owned a 98 Red V6 Camaro w/ the factory gfx & then the 98 Black LS1 Firebird) & ever since the concept got confirmed for production I decided that I wanted one of the new Camaro's. Then seeing the 2010 Camaro in person & test driving one sealed the deal for me. I definitely think the Bumblebee concept Camaro from Transformers 1 helped a good bit in the decision too.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #46
oilman63
rjt ordered 10-15 2ss

Drives: 2010 2SS badass camaro
Because I got a FATTY when I saw the concept A couple years ago at the Philly autoshow.Oh and I could definately have a good time down South.I live in Delaware .I tote a 357 , drink jack.I bow hunt,vote republican,and of course I belong to the NRA.
oilman63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:16 AM   #47
Mark A Collier Sr
Retired Army, 101st ABN

Drives: 2 SS/RS w/sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

Truth be told? I wanted a 67 or 69 GTO or a 68-69 Camaro since I was playin with hot wheels. Fulfilling a life long void and spoiling myself for all the hardships I've endured.
You said it!
BORN ON 4 NOV 09 at 12:26pm VIN:63460~ HOME on 18 NOV 09!
"101BABY"
Mark A Collier Sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:21 AM   #48
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I actually wanted to get a cool old car to drive around maybe in just the summers. I found that I actually liked doing the cosmetic mods on the Camry. When looking around I liked the look of the Gen 1 Camaros.

This car has the look of the GEN 1 Camaro, it's a new car, it's cool. I could get it in stick shift as I miss that. Gets as good gas mileage as my Camry (on paper at least), has 304 horsepower, and I believe it has the potential to be a modern day classic.

Not only that, I found I could get GMS for this, and my father is retired from GM. He was also in the military so I have USAA, and get that discount as well.

Last but not least my wife and I were going to need a new car in 2010 anyhow as her lease is due on her 2007 Malibu. When I went looking I was told due to allocations and the constraints in the beginning that it might be February by the time I get the car. I ordered on May 19th and got a vin on Wednesday.

So to me it was everything I wanted. A cool car to drive around in, retro style with modern conveniences and enhancements, and I finally found a GM vehicle I wanted to use my Dad's GMS for.

I got the V6 as I don't think I would ever take it to the track, and it feels like I could "see the USA in my Chevrolet"
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #49
mutant chicken
Mutant Member

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '10 Mini , 07 Harley
My first car was a '67 Firebird 400, I bought that thing as a beat up primered pos. I spent 6 years and every penny I had rebuilding that thing from the ground up. Two days after I finally finished it I drove it to work because I had an appointment with an appraiser so I could get full insurance coverage on it. It got stolen from the parking lot while I was out working, the C.H.P. chased the guy, he rolled the car, it burst into flames, and burnt to the ground. I thought I would never own another Fbody after that, I was devistated....

When I met my wife she saw the pics of my Firebird and started talking about how she had always wanted a '67 Camaro. We have sort of kept our eyes out for a project car over the years, but in the mean time we have had a couple of kids and that has been put on hold... then I saw the '06 concept. I thought , " Wow, that looks a lot like the first gen but meaner !" . I didn't really think too much of it, but I got excited every time I caught sighting of it on the internet or in magazines. It was when we saw Tranformers and my wife saw it for the first time and she came unglued and yelled " What is that ?!!! ", I told her that it was the new Camaro and that with any luck it might be coming out soon, the next words out her mouth were "GET ME ONE !!! ".

Sorry, I went on a bit long there, the point is, this car is a replacement for my lost car, and my wifes dream car ( sort of ). In the long run it's much easier ( and cheaper ) to buy this car new, than find and restore/mod a first gen , and quite frankly I don't think a first gen would ever be this comfortable, handle this well, or have all the tech goodies this car has.

Great car !!

mutant chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #50
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269 View Post
Lets face it, the vast majority of people buying new Camaro's have never even been to a track let alone go on a regular basis. Street racing is illegal and you cant even post about it here. Speed limits in most the US are 35-50 mph....so why do you need a 300 or 400+HP car to drive the speed limit in 2nd gear?
I don't need to drive at a track to know this is the most beautiful car on the road.
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #51
stangvert

Drives: stang vert
i am ugly and this will help me get girls.

I will never forget my friends older brothers 69z that ruled the track.
stangvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #52
Camaro-Teskey
BlackonBlack

Drives: 2010 Blk Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Cuz I want to waste gas, burn rubber in quiet neighborhoods, drive slow in the fast lane, park in handi-capped spots (sideways), blow exhaust into honda's and sound better, drive BY the tracks but never into or onto one , get attention from the women just to shoot them down all the while destroying the planet and making a poor financial decision for the sake of appeasing whatever mental illness caused this obsession with muscle cars since childhood and the camaro since first glance. Also for leaving in the garage under a cover anytime it is sunny out, windy out, raining, snowing , hailing, cloudy, or if the whole damn sky is falling. Anddd I needed a grocery getter.

Truth be told? I wanted a 67 or 69 GTO or a 68-69 Camaro since I was playin with hot wheels. Fulfilling a life long void and spoiling myself for all the hardships I've endured.
This is inspiring
Old 09-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #53
SPANKT U

Drives: 2010 2SSRS Inferno Orange LS3
I could tell you, but if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand anyway..
SPANKT U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:07 PM   #54
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluch View Post
because it is the most badass looking, sweetest looking, most awesome car on the road today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG' View Post
because its the most beautiful car I have ever seen
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfaholic View Post
because it is a badass american muscle car!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI2010Camaro View Post
Because it's a car that only America could do! :flag1:

The Camaro has enough retro combined with modern tech to justify the purchase of a "pony" car. But this ain't no pony! It's a car with attitude, looks, driving dynamics and power (in either engine choice). When a car grabs at you like this, you've got to answer the call

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
I don't need to drive at a track to know this is the most beautiful car on the road.

What they all said, and did I mention that I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAR????...lol...
Old 09-05-2009, 07:26 PM   #55
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
i would like one for the; ls3 426hp --if more later the better..hello z/28--&lots of torque.
6 speed. nothing else. v8/rear wheel drive is the main thing.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote