Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
zerolm

Drives: Ford F-350/ 2SS/RS M6
Pretty frustrated with service dept.

So my XM quits working and the dealership tells me that the antenna needs to be replaced. I tell the service writer that I am not really that happy that they are going to have to "pull the rear of the headliner down" and he assures me that they know what they are doing and that it is not a big deal.
Took me two more trips until they had the right part, but today was the day so after waiting 2 hours, they pull my car out and attempt to give it back to me. Sure enough, with a large crease at the rear section of the headliner. After bringing this to their attention, they order a new headliner and say they will replace the whole thing no problem.
I was already not crazy about them pulling the rear of the headliner down, now I have to take it back to the same guys to have the whole thing replaced! I'm really not happy about that! Can I just take it to another GM dealer and start over? All of you that have painted your "shark fin", was it that big of a deal to get to? Did you have to pull the whole headliner out? Thanks.....................
zerolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
I may be wrong, but I believe that to replace the headliner, they need to remove the windshield. To big to fit thru the door opening.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
2010IBMSS

Drives: 2010 camaro SS RS
take them the video:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...nted+shark+fin
2010IBMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Wow... that place tried giving it to you damaged? You do need a new dealer... look for recommended ones. Talk tot hem and see if they can 'take over'.

My dealer bends over backwards and is more concerned about forming a relationship than a quick buck today. Not expecting to be a VIP of course but just understand what this car means to me and treat all cars like that.
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
zerolm

I hope you are wrong about the windshield!! If that's the case, it's a no go.....Does anyone know if this is the case? I'm so pissed!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:49 PM   #6
1bacamaro

Drives: 2ss
Had my headliner replaced and yes they have to remove the windshield. Tell them to order a windshield because Chevy told my dealer most will brake. Mine did.
1bacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #7
zerolm

Oh boy, this just keeps getting better! Just curious, why did you have to have your headliner replaced?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #8
1bacamaro

Airbags went off and creased the headliner.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:58 PM   #9
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Hey, you do not have to g to any particular dealer service department. I bought my Camaro at one dealer, and have service at another dealer I was not happy with the first one and the second one, six miles up the road has been awesome....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #10
zerolm

Thanks, I guess I am going to have to live with a crease in mine because I don't think I am gonna let these guys tear my car that far apart... I haven't even mentioned the fact that the shark fin sits about 1/16" of an inch off of the roof.... You can see daylight under it when looking at it from the side..
Old 10-25-2010, 05:07 PM   #11
1bacamaro

I would be taking it to another dealer.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #12
Bulldog68

Drives: 2006 F250 Fx4 6.0 Powerstroke
Zerolm,

I feel for you about not wanting to take a damaged car. I am not sure on what to do with the fin to make it sit down further as I do not have a camaro yet so I can't go look an compair.

How many hours ago did they finish the car and since you saw the crease? The reason I ask is this. I have a 2006 F250. I installed the cab lights(the 5 orange lights on the roof incase someone doesn't know what I am talking about) on the truck myself. To do this without taking out the headliner in a pain but can be done. Now, that being said you have to reach from one side of the truck to the center to reach the middle light to tighten it down and run the wires. In the process the headliner is going to bend and get a big crease in it. The cool part is the material it is made from. Once it is back up and tight. Over the course of a day or so, the fabric will tighten back up and the crease will disappear. The crease in my headliner was horrible. I was very upset, but was told it would go away. And sure enough, in a day or two it was completely gone and you can't even tell it was ever creased.

Cross your fingers and hopefully it will do the same for you. I have a feeling it might do to many headliners are similar. Wait till later this afternoon or in the morning and go take a look and see if it looks any better. Give it time and I think it may fix itself.
Bulldog68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
I installed my painted xm antenna myself. Not easy, but I did it with no visible creases left. I used rolled up towels, one stuffed in each side to keep the back down so I could get both hands up in there. While it was down I could see a little crease on each side up by the seatbelts, but it smoothed back out after putting the back up.

Mine didn't quite sit flat on my first attempt either. I had to get back in there and reset the 4 pronged thingee that sits under the nut. If that is not in there perfect, it might not be sitting flat. I'd make them redo it right. The towels were the key for me, it allowed me to get both hands in there to deal with the connectors. The edges of the headliner are very sharp too. You want to wear long sleeves. And also put some blue tape on the side panels. The edges of the headliner will scuff up the side panels if you don't protect them.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #14
zerolm

Thanks for the replies! Maybe it will shrink some on it's own, that would be awesome..I JUST got the car back a few hours ago so I will look at it tomorrow..Russell, I wish they had took the pride in their work that you did on your car, just think, you are more competent that a GM "technician"..