Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-31-2011, 10:43 PM   #127
Jimbabwe

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Growing up my best friend had a 57 chevy. I have to say that the grey on that 56 is not a flattering color. It hides all of the chrome on the truck.
Jimbabwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:10 PM   #128
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Hey guys,
Responding on my phone so i can't quote everyone. Thanks for all the compliments and ya I got cheated out of the win. Really a 4 on personality? A young guy driving a new camaro? What more can u ask for Haha.

I can say what ever I want, it was not scripted or anything. But they give ya ideas if ur stuck and have nothing to say. I just didn't know how they would edit it, i said a lot more stuff that they cut. So was just afraid that they would take only my bad comments and make me look like an a$$.

They paid me pretty good, but no where near top gear pay.

I have connections in the film industry, I practically have a manager for my car LOL. I should have been in one more commercial and music video.

If I am forgetting to answer any questions just let me know.

Thanks again guys for the support.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:12 PM   #129
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
First of dude, sick car.

As for the show.......meh.

Judging is all screwed up so it is really hard to take seriously. Personality matching a car? Eh. The whole production seemed a little hokey to me.

I thought it sucked that you lost, but knew within the first minute of the show that you would. Classic car people HATE cars like yours. A lot of them tend to think that since your car didn't start out as a rusty heap in somebody's back yard, that your time and money don't add up to as much machine.

While I disagree with that principle, many do not.

You didn't at all look like a douche btw. I wanted to jump in the TV and smack people around when they were ribbing you for not paying for the parts on the car, and for being a college student.

So you got some free parts in exchange for letting your car be a guinea pig? Sounds MORE than fair.

The van was hideous btw, and I'm pretty open minded. It just didn't work. You can polish a turd all you want, but it is still a turd. To each their own I guess.

The black car was pretty sick looking, but eh...the owner seemed like a toolobox and you could practically see the wood he was sporting for the chick who owned the truck.

The chick who owned the truck.... kinda cute, not even close to hot. Definitely knows that her out going attitude can get her places and she definitely put it to work on the show. Kudos to her I guess, you play the cards that you are dealt. I did like her truck though, the engine looked clean as hell, I could have done without the rainforest cafe paint job, but at least it didn't look like captain america had sex with a bus like the Astro Van ;p

Congrats on being on TV, your car looked bangin. Don't let the second place get you down, you know deep down the judging on that show was a joke.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #130
Taz_FL

Drives: 1LT/RS Yellow/Black
well, I watched the show when they replayed it later since i work nights. as far as how you came across on the show, I think you were fine, not a ass at all. I still stand by my previous post, i think the vehicle that deserved to win did. Nothing against your car but her truck was really nice. As far as the flowers, well its a girls truck so i thought the flowers were fine on it.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:26 AM   #131
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Man just watched the episode again, and damn cant believe they raped me on personality lol. What ever, at least i had fun and didn't look like a douche. They looked like more of an ass than me haha. I gave everyone fair scores.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:29 AM   #132
Nightfall
"To Punish And Enslave"

Drives: B E RS GBA #72541 3564 CC 220 CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
Man just watched the episode again, and damn cant believe they raped me on personality lol. What ever, at least i had fun and didn't look like a douche. They looked like more of an ass than me haha. I gave everyone fair scores.
screw them all you had the top car. You should have won i mean i stress again ONE point? i wonder what would have happend if you tied hmm. Nice whip though i hope i can get my car to that level one day

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession
90% canadian 10% mexican 100% american muscle :flag2:
Nightfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:10 AM   #133
Wasp

Drives: 2011 Camaro Victory Red 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
Hey dont sweat it. You were 1 point away and that was really close with the truck.

The reason why the van got any points at all is because he worked so hard on it. If you had said you picked up a wrench once or twice im willing to bet you would have won. Maybe you could dissassemble your turbo or something and put it together yourself, then you can say you put it in there and you can take a lot of pride in it. But theres nothing wrong with sponsors.

Still, this was the best MRR ive ever seen and you made it that way.

But do you really feel that way about classic cars?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:13 AM   #134
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
well sorry to hear the outcome. i did not watch it cause i was at work and also did not record it. maybe i can catch it later on youtube or something.

but having the hook up is nice. the whole point of me getting this car was to try to get some tv shots or even a movie spot. but yeah since my car got screwed for over a year i lost out on a lot of opportunities. i wish i could get my car a manager to help me.

well i did have some guy for speed tv want to do some shots and something else, but its for the speed in spanish. lol so lets see if he calls.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:24 AM   #135
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Yea u came across fine not jerkish or doushy at all. That woman must have been on something cause all she said was well since its not a classic it doesnt look good??? So in her opinion everything that is new will never look good. I dunno to me the camaro is one of chevys best designs of all time not the best but one of them. Oh well ur car is awesome no need for them to hate on u for sponsers cause ur in college as everyone knows college kids are broke most of the time. The 56 was nice just those flowers and birds mess it up for me and for her personality she is a bartender so of course she knows how to flirt to get better tips and points or whatever.
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #136
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
So did you nail that girl in the bed of her truck after the show? I think grandpapy was wishing he could. That would have been a win.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #137
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
as others here have said,your car is very nice,should have won it but that was a nice truck,and would have looked alot better without the paintings on the side,
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #138
kudzu74
Account Suspended

Drives: SS 08' Trailblazer
Thumbs up Congratz!

Hey, congratz on being on Speed Channel...must have been fun. Good press for the fifth generation camaros too. Sorry you lost out by one point though she had a nice truck we should have known from the title of the episode who would win. Anyhow, I think that old guy is an idiot that doesn't realize how much stuff cost now a days and that to have prototypes of new eq given for free. Hey, I'm right there with you on that, but you should start modding or getting your hands into it more. Once again, Congratulations!

Last edited by kudzu74; 09-01-2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: spelling error
kudzu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #139
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

That's what they cut out, when they said that i should work on my own car. I told them, they just put the major parts on the car, but i do all the maintenance and little things on the car. $hit I had a MKIV Turbo Supra that I had to do all the work on, finally i get to take a brake and leave the big stuff to the sponsors.

All in all I had a blast and awesome to see myself on TV. Thanks for all the nice words and the support!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #140
GMFarmer

Drives: Camaro 2LT 2011 Black
Trying to keep the post as least Bias as I can... what I came up with:

You could tell the show was going to go through bad judging once I saw how they started rating the camaro. For a college student and young guy, you had the best personality out of all and they turned it into the weakest. Maybe the interior pissed them off too much... but it still keeps it classic.

The van was a bit too ghetto, looked more based for picking up illegal chicks at a ghetto club.

The old man car was ok, looked like it matched his style.

The girls pick up truck, looked nice, but did not perform up to the scores, IMO. Just because she had the custom paint job with the flowers and parrots, ONE THING, should not rack her more than 5 points on personality. Obviously the flirting and giggles won her points. She wasn't even hot, its all that stage make up that made her decent looking, imagined without it.

Anyways, good job dude. Hope you get more opportunities. You clearly won if you had better judging.
GMFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote