Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 04-15-2012, 12:22 AM   #15
blackflag

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th
Well left at 2AM from alabama and got to memphis at 8. Bummer to find out the 5th gen class was trophy only and didn't pay, but entry fee was cheap and me and the wife had a blast.

Also, special thanks to camaroguys.com for putting this event on for the 5th gens, and designing such a nice trophy. Ended up cutting a 0.016 light in the finals that put us in good shape on the pass.

Coolest part, was the other guy I raced was super nice- and also had a 45th A6 bone stock just like mine. Made lots of new friends and will def go back to race MIR again.
#1 2012 NMCA/LSX Challenge Series
2012 2SS 45th A6

Thanks to our Sponsors:
coldairinductions.com (Cold Air Inductions)
loughengines.com (Mike Lough Race Engines)
granatellimotorsports.com (Granatelli Motorsports)

blackflag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #16
mropus

Drives: 2010 black 2ssrs
The wife and I also drove from Alabama on Saturday to participate in the show. Although we had a great time and met some more Gen5 enthusiasts, we were actually disappointed in the Gen5 Shootout. Only the two cars (mentioned above) raced. Also, with all the advertisement and hoopla only six Gen5 were in the show Satuday (we could not stay for Sunday). If we had known we could have raced and shown we would have been down that track ASAP and gave the other two guys a run for that trophy!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #17
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
Just going by the mods you have on the car,I think my wife and I talked to you and your wife about
your car at the car show.Josh and I were the two 45th's that raced with me being the one that lost...lol...Still we had a great time.I was parked in the car show but when they called the Gen 5 class up for the first run I was like forever trying to get out...After that I didnt go back into the car show area. With all the mods on your car,we're lucky you didnt race...lol

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #18
blackflag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
Just going by the mods you have on the car,I think my wife and I talked to you and your wife about
your car at the car show.Josh and I were the two 45th's that raced with me being the one that lost...lol...Still we had a great time.I was parked in the car show but when they called the Gen 5 class up for the first run I was like forever trying to get out...After that I didnt go back into the car show area. With all the mods on your car,we're lucky you didnt race...lol
We really enjoyed meeting you and your wife. We were super tired from the drive and heat, but had a great time.

It would have been fun to have some more cars in the class, but was very cool running another 45th in eliminations. That was our first super chevy event and I had no idea that there would be that many cars and people at the track.

Did see the Carbon ZL1 chevy had on display and also the LSX 454R motor.
2012 2SS 45th A6

Thanks to our Sponsors:

Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
mropus

Drives: 2010 black 2ssrs
The best part of the car shows are the people you meet. Then it's even more fun when you can stay in touch with them. Hope to see you around other shows. We will continue to attend Super Chevy Shows as they are in a different class of their own from the local shows we usually attend. We hope to get into some of the events next time.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #20
blackflag

Agree. The car show aspect of the super chevy show was awesome!!

And anytime we get to run the new camaro is a good day

Made a video with a gopro on the roof of our run - http://youtu.be/OLBELyU_Ba4

Super Chevy Results:
http://superchevyshow.com/2012/04/memphis-is-back/

hahaha.. got my eyes closed in the winners circle pic

2012 2SS 45th A6

Thanks to our Sponsors:

Last edited by blackflag; 04-17-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:03 PM   #21
Quick

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th
Hahaha...Love the video...I'm a star...lol...All I could hear was TIMBER as you left the line.I guess they decided not to give me a trophy,they never called me back...but thats what I get for losing .Ordered headers and high flow cats yesterday...i'll be getting a tune in Memphis in the next couple weeks...then maybe a set of 3:70 gears and a small converter....it will never end.Congrats again on your win. Quick.

Something wicked this way cometh...
Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:14 PM   #22
blackflag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick View Post
Hahaha...Love the video...I'm a star...lol...All I could hear was TIMBER as you left the line.I guess they decided not to give me a trophy,they never called me back...but thats what I get for losing .Ordered headers and high flow cats yesterday...i'll be getting a tune in Memphis in the next couple weeks...then maybe a set of 3:70 gears and a small converter....it will never end.Congrats again on your win. Quick.
haha hey Quick.. they were looking for you when they did the pictures but I didn't know where you were parked. We had to get back headed home on the 4hr drive. It was cool for us to race at the super chevy event

Here come the changes huh? Sounds awesome. Gears, headers, and converter should make a huge difference in your car. I tried to pay the dealer to install 6-speed gears and warranty it in my car but no luck

Again- good meeting you. Maybe we can come back next year and race again.
Josh
2012 2SS 45th A6

Thanks to our Sponsors:

Old 04-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #23
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflag View Post
Agree. The car show aspect of the super chevy show was awesome!!

And anytime we get to run the new camaro is a good day

Made a video with a gopro on the roof of our run - http://youtu.be/OLBELyU_Ba4

Super Chevy Results:
http://superchevyshow.com/2012/04/memphis-is-back/

hahaha.. got my eyes closed in the winners circle pic

Congrats on the win buddy!!!!
camarovigoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #24
blackflag

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarovigoa View Post
Congrats on the win buddy!!!!
Thanks a lot man!!
2012 2SS 45th A6

Thanks to our Sponsors:

Old 04-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #25
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
Wish i could have been there!
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #26
blackflag

Would have been good to meet you! Thanks for spending time to box that converter up nice. Looks perfect!
2012 2SS 45th A6

Thanks to our Sponsors:

Old 04-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #27
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
No problem! Surprised that there were only 6 of u guys!
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:17 PM   #28
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
I was out of town all weekend so missed out. Looks like there was a lot of fun I missed out on. Maybe next year

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote