Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: Driven owned a Ford/Chrysler in the past 5 years?
Hell no, I'm GM or die 37 54.41%
Yes, I have owned a 2005+ Chrysler product 11 16.18%
Yes, I have owned a 2005+ Ford product 11 16.18%
I have owned all three American brands in the last 5 years 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-05-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
How many have owned/driven...

...another American-made other than a GM in the past 5 years?

I see a lot of people on this board talking about the styling, quality, ride, handling, etc. of other American makes all the time, but how many of us have actually owned something built by Ford/Chrysler in the past five years?
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
I have not
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #3
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
I have owned all, no more fords, chevy or dodges for me.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
2005 mustang

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
What do you think?

2001 Ford Explorer Sport "Christine Edition"
105,089mi
4.0Lol SOHC Cologne V6
4x4
Owned since 2005, Purchased with 49,550ish on the Odometer.

Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
Rockytophummer

Drives: 2006 Hummer H2 2010 2SS Camaro
I'm strictly GM. Except 2 years ago my X and my Daughter moved to Nashville which is roughly a little over 200 miles away and I purchased a 1998 Lincoln Continenal to drive back & forth every weekend to pick daughter up to spend weekends with her. At time only vehicle I owned was a 2006 H2 Hummer and it just not a practicle car for these weekly trips. But I have to give Ford props it was a well built and super nice ride. Especially for those road trips! But thank god my daughter& X moved back from Nashville so I sold the Licoln to have more money to put on the Camaro. But it's only ford I've ever owned and will probably ever own.
Rockytophummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #7
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Only non-American vehicle our family has owned was a Mercedes back in the late 80s/early 90s...sunroof leaked, frame rusted...

Other than that, my dad owned an F-150 and a Mustang II way back when, but switched to GM after a string of lemons from Ford and when he started at Norwood.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
gtwss
Time To Hammer Down

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 02 Monte Carlo SS
As for brand new, GM for many years However, I do drive a 2000 Cherokee in bad weather

2SS, CGM, M6, Polished Wheels
6000 8/13/09
gtwss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #9
MRK III Z28
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1968 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to MRK III Z28
My dad had a 1967 Impala and sold it before i was born because my mom did not like it . My dad bought my sister a 2002 Dodge Durango new from the dealer and I recently got a 1968 mustang coupe for school and work that I'm paying back. Haven't had a single problem with my Mustang other than a flat going to work a couple of days ago. But the Durango has had many fuses go bad, the heater core broke, the motors for the windows don't work sometimes the power locks don't work from time to time, and it makes a horrible noise when you try to lock the car with the key chain fob, so my faith in Chrysler and Dodge isn't really that good. I'm trying to convince my dad to buy a Chevy Malibu since he wants/needs a new car, although he's had his eye on some classic corvettes which makes my mom go crazy So if I were to buy a car in the future it would be a GM or Ford car.

I still love the Camaro
MRK III Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #10
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
We've owned a LOT of different brands, American and import over the decades, and none have been as good as the GMs We're now buying. Silverado, Saturn L200, Vue, and now 2010 Camaro. GM ROCKS!
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I have owed a car from all the American Auto makers and their respective divisions except Ford. Just never have been a Ford guy. Own a Dodge now and it's been pretty solid. Hopefully it will go for a CTS-V someday.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #12
Massman151
Chevy Fanatic

Drives: 2010 RS/SS CAMARO RJT
Well since my parents own a used car lot, i will never enjoy driving anything but GM, but fords are decent, and so is the new challenger, but only GM for me.

"Sam Witwicky: Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?"

"Sam Witwicky: Um yeah, Satan's Camaro? It's stalking me!"
Massman151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:34 PM   #13
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
I have owned all, no more fords, chevy or dodges for me.
Built in the last 5 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
Not built in the last 5 years, so despite the experience, it does not apply in this poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockytophummer View Post
I'm strictly GM. Except 2 years ago my X and my Daughter moved to Nashville which is roughly a little over 200 miles away and I purchased a 1998 Lincoln Continenal ...
Again, not built in the last 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Only non-American vehicle our family has owned was a Mercedes back in the late 80s/early 90s...sunroof leaked, frame rusted...

Other than that, my dad owned an F-150 and a Mustang II way back when, but switched to GM after a string of lemons from Ford and when he started at Norwood.
Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtwss View Post
As for brand new, GM for many years However, I do drive a 2000 Cherokee in bad weather
Double ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRK III Z28 View Post
My dad had a 1967 Impala and sold it before i was born because my mom did not like it . My dad bought my sister a 2002 Dodge Durango new from the dealer and I recently got a 1968 mustang coupe for school and work that I'm paying back. Haven't had a single problem with my Mustang other than a flat going to work a couple of days ago. But the Durango has had many fuses go bad, the heater core broke, the motors for the windows don't work sometimes the power locks don't work from time to time, and it makes a horrible noise when you try to lock the car with the key chain fob, so my faith in Chrysler and Dodge isn't really that good. I'm trying to convince my dad to buy a Chevy Malibu since he wants/needs a new car, although he's had his eye on some classic corvettes which makes my mom go crazy So if I were to buy a car in the future it would be a GM or Ford car.
Nice story, but like the others, you examples were not built in the last five years.

See, I was wanting to see if the opinions of the brand-loyalists (GM, Ford or Chrysler) on this site that like to make comments regarding cars other than their prefered brand are making those statements based on actual experience with the other brands or just heresay from someone else.

See, I tend to think that a lot of people choose the brand they do not based on their own driving experience or research, but by what they have either been led to believe by their environment (i.e. my dad was a die-hard [insert brand here] guy) or simply by information they get from anything other than a first-hand experience. (Not unlike how so many people in our country decide what political party they vote for.)
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
08 Chevy Silverado, 09 Dodge Ram, 08 Exploder, however, all but the silvy are gone now. gotta make room for faster toys
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote