Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-26-2010, 12:14 PM   #15
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
It's a shame that so many bad dealers give all car dealers a bad name. There really are good, reputable dealers out there... you just have to hunt them down.

My first test drive was in a Camaro with a dealer $5k markup on the sticker. I took the test drive... I then went hunting for a dealer that wouldn't rip me off!

(If I knew then what I know now... I would have bought my Camaro w/o any test drive at all!)
Old 01-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #16
kylorc

Drives: 2010 RY Camaro 2SS
I am only 18 years old, and just stopped in at Regester Chevrolet in Thompsontown Pa back in the late summer to look around. A salesman approached me and saw me eyeing up a 1SS/RS with my dad right behind me. I heard him say, "Would you like a test drive?" I figured he was talking to my dad and said sure, and he handed me the keys. I drove off with my dad in the passenger seat and he stayed at the dealership. A few minutes later we were ordering my Camaro. Great people and I would recommend them to everyone.
kylorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #17
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
I couldn't test drive my G8 GT until I went through a long process. Basically had to do everything but sign on the dotted line.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:29 PM   #18
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
Hope they enjoy they're RUSTANG...NOT

This is just a example of someone who was NOT committed
to the purchase of a CAMARO !!
They, obviously were not insistive nor patient enough.
IF, they REALLY, HAD to "Test Drive" their vehicle prior to
purchasing and WANTED a Camaro they they would have
went elsewhere or @ LEAST put some EFFORT in. Like
inquiring of a Rental/Friend-Owner .

Sounds like they wanted/settled for, a RUSTANG.

"I" waited 11 weeks.... NO COMPLAINTS/Test Drive !!!
Like many other PROUD Owners of .........CAMAROS
And GOT, what I.. WANTED.

Not about the seller..Its ABOUT the purchaser .
And YES...That move makes them "Tire Kickers"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTSquared View Post
x2
Old 01-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #19
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I screwed up big time. I test drove the V8 right off the bat. Next thing I know, I'm talking with a banker about car loans. Now, I'm king of the road, and enjoying everyone of those PBJ sandwiches I get to eat.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #20
knowitman
Camaro fan since birth

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
They bought the 2010 Mustang GT instead of waiting for the 2011 version which is supposed to be better?

Surprisingly enough there are a LOT of people in the general public that do little to no research before buying a car. This is why foreign brands are doing so well and is how Ford is still able to sell Mustangs even though they have announced that next year's model is going to be faster and more efficient than this year's.
knowitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #21
chd1

Drives: 68rs/69z28/2010 2SSRS-callaway
YES THIS HAPPENS TO BE A SECRET SOCIETY! NOBODY TOLD YOU... OK YOU KNOW NOW
EITHER YOU HAVE A CAMARO OR YOU WANT ONE.
chd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #22
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I test drove my dealers first Camaro, a LT-V6 this past summer. One short ride and I was sold. I knew the SS I wanted could only be better. The dealer did tell me they only allowed test drives to people they thought were serious about buying a Camaro. This was back in May.
On line now my dealer shows 10 new Camaros in stock. I suprised that any dealer would refuse a test drive now that they all seem to have Camaros on their lots.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:39 PM   #23
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
It's a shame that so many bad dealers give all car dealers a bad name. There really are good, reputable dealers out there... you just have to hunt them down.

My first test drive was in a Camaro with a dealer $5k markup on the sticker. I took the test drive... I then went hunting for a dealer that wouldn't rip me off!

(If I knew then what I know now... I would have bought my Camaro w/o any test drive at all!)
Same thing with me. But I did not know about the markup until after I drove it. I guess they figured if I drove it first, I'd fall in love with it and pay the extra $5000. Wrong!

I told them I was going to get a Camaro no matter what, but I would not be buying from them and would not be paying over sticker.
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #24
mulehead7
stubborn as a ...

Drives: '94 Trans Am
I'm at 6' 3" so I definitely had to sit in the SS with the sunroof on the showroom floor. I like the seat back anyway but you have to be sure. The car is for my wife but hey, I might get to drive it sometimes. The salesman asked if we wanted to drive one. They had several LT's on the lot and we went for a drive. I don't think I could ever buy a car without driving it. We've bought eight new cars over the years and tested everyone. I've passed on several others after testing them too. There are a lot of quality cars at $30k and for me that's a pretty large amount to gamble without test driving. Yeah, we ordered one, but we also researched this site for a month to get some real feedback from the real owners. One things for sure, posters here don't hold back the truth.

mulehead7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #25
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by chd1 View Post
YES THIS HAPPENS TO BE A SECRET SOCIETY! NOBODY TOLD YOU... OK YOU KNOW NOW
EITHER YOU HAVE A CAMARO OR YOU WANT ONE.
LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 12:46 PM   #26
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
x2
x3
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #27
BRKLYN
Account Suspended

Drives: 98 C-5, Chev/Venture, VTX1300
taht's crazy, no test rides. c'mon down I'll demo you.
BRKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #28
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
Test Drive? Many here ordered and purchased without ever seeing one with their own eyes. And they waited and waited for it to arrive. That's a committed buyer. If I had the money to buy a Corvette I would not need to test drive it.
Exactly I'm with you!! I got to look at a v6 (not even a 2ss/RS that I wanted )on the lot when I went to order back in may, it was already sold so I couldn't even sit in it let alone drive it. But I knew I would love this car no matter what. I did get to test drive one of the corvettes on the lot instead, my saleslady said they handle very similar so if you like the vette you will like the camaro and she was right! I did not get to test drive my harley either before I bought it. I guess some people don't understand that these car lots are not letting people drive them unless they are serious buyers because they don't want the miles on the car(too many and they have to be sold as used) and they know alot of people just want to come for a ride with no intention of buying.
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote