Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #43
Zalirid

Drives: CGM 1LT RS
My dealership let me order mine without agreeing to buy it, I was able to test drive an auto in advance, and the manual that I ordered, before I committed to buying it...There standpoint was that even if I didnt buy it, they could sell it.
Zalirid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #44
Chevyg1rl

Drives: Chevys
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
I ordered mine when there was none at the dealerships in April 2009, It's a Camaro, so there is no need to test drive for me, I have owned camaro's all my life and these new ones are the best camaro's ever made, so if you really want a Camaro, just buy it
Old 01-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #45
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I can neither deny nor confirm rumors of a “SECRET SOCIETY” however, I am willing to acknowledge the possibility that such an organization may or may not exists.

BTW my first test drive was the 800 miles home from the dealership.
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:03 PM   #46
Chief Bob

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 SIM CTF Car M6
I just went to Rodgers Chevrolet to talk to Becky, and the salesman that I bought my 02 SS from, came up to me and said lets take one for a ride....I didn't even have to ask

Great dealership!

Chief Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #47
Grand Pa

Drives: Black 2SS RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by chd1 View Post
YES THIS HAPPENS TO BE A SECRET SOCIETY! NOBODY TOLD YOU... OK YOU KNOW NOW
EITHER YOU HAVE A CAMARO OR YOU WANT ONE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickerda View Post
I can neither deny nor confirm rumors of a “SECRET SOCIETY” however, I am willing to acknowledge the possibility that such an organization may or may not exists.

BTW my first test drive was the 800 miles home from the dealership.
Dan Brown has a book due out, and the histroy channel will be doing a conspiricy theory on camero owners ruling the world.
Grand Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:03 PM   #48
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sask-man View Post
If I was buying a used car, for sure I would take a test drive...If I was unsure of what model I wanted and was shopping between a few brands - for sure I would take a test drive. If you wanted the Camaro, and were serious about it, what is that test drive going to really tell you that you most likely dont already know?

A LOT of dealerships endure a bunch of test pilots out pretending, espcially with a premium car like the Camaro. Many dont have enough stock to begin with and if you were going to buy one, are you willing to take the "demo" vehicle?
Shit most of you wont even let your WIFE take the car out, why would a dealer be any different?

Best way to get some serious discussion with a dealer is to come serious to buy and prepared. Come with finances already in place, a down payment, tell them what your looking for, tell them your prepared to buy today. What are the chances they will have YOUR car sitting on the lot with YOUR option choices and color etc?

Be serious, be treated serious
When the 4th Gen Camaro came out I was ready to buy one, UNTIL I took a test drive. it quickly Changed my mind about getting one. I just didn't feel comfortable in it.. So when I went to buy I was serious, but the test drive is what talked me out of it.. So even if you are a serious buyer it is best to test drive one Just in case...
Old 01-28-2010, 06:05 PM   #49
BlackSS831

Drives: 2008 Lexus IS350
I've never test driven a car before I made my purchase. Always been happy with my decision. If you really know what you want and want to take it home just do it!
BlackSS831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #50
Hitter11

Drives: 2010 Black Chevrolet 2SS/RS Camaro
I had something similar happen to me...

I wanted to test drive a SS when I first started looking at the Camaro, because I will never buy a car without test driving it (just my opinion). I went to the dealership and the salesman, who was a complete A$$ all together, told me test drives were only for serious buyers. He further went on to say that this is a GM policy and no dealership would let me test drive the car without putting a deposit on the vehicle first.

This, for obvious reasons, really made me mad.

So I decided to go to another dealership to see if this was in fact a GM policy, which I knew it was not. And guess what... they let me test drive the car. Shocking I know. This dealer however refused to go below MSRP.

A couple weeks later I got a phone call from the manager of the dealership that wouldn't let me test drive the car. He wanted to ask me how my experience was and if I had put some more consideration into the Camaro.

I told him what happened and he seemed floored. Long story short he asked me to come in, let me test drive the Camaro and assured me the "no test drive policy" was not a policy at all.

The best part was that he called the salesman into his office while I was there and basically tore him a new one. :-)

The manager then hooked me up with another salesman, who I ended up ordering my car from (and was able to go below MSRP).

Point of the story... the no test drive thing is BS. I mean I understand there are people out there who just want to test drive. But there are some signs that buyers give that show they are serious... Like telling the salesman they will buy the car that night if ____.

Just my little story... wasn't trying to hijack.
Hitter11 is offline   Reply With Quote