Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #71
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
BW is good stuff. That is just the base kit. You can get whatever you want really. AGP sells their own, PTE, etc. BWs are great turbos. Depending on what you want standard, or ball bearing. I think oil cooled, water cooled isn't needed. Electric scavenging is just different, not better or worst. As long as you use a good pump it works great. The new 911s just oil scavenging pumps and I believe this kit uses the same pump that Porsche uses so you know it is OEM level. I've never seen one fail.

You could add twins to your blower I know a cool shop that maybe doing that.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #72
Quiky One

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
BW is good stuff. That is just the base kit. You can get whatever you want really. AGP sells their own, PTE, etc. BWs are great turbos. Depending on what you want standard, or ball bearing. I think oil cooled, water cooled isn't needed. Electric scavenging is just different, not better or worst. As long as you use a good pump it works great. The new 911s just oil scavenging pumps and I believe this kit uses the same pump that Porsche uses so you know it is OEM level. I've never seen one fail.

You could add twins to your blower I know a cool shop that maybe doing that.
Are you working/worked for AGP? More info has come out of you than anyone else! I'm liking the way this kit looks...can't wait to see some results. I could easily sell the current headers on my 11' DD...
Quiky One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #73
Unreal

I use to work there in college. Some of my best friends own it. Now I'm just an engineer for medical devices. Moving down to Phoenix in a month.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #74
Quiky One

Quote:
I use to work there in college. Some of my best friends own it. Now I'm just an engineer for medical devices. Moving down to Phoenix in a month.
That is awesome. Maybe you can answer this too! On the test car they had that made 680ish to the tire, did it run the stock stall? When was it at full boost? When did it start spooling? Max PSI?

Are the turbo's sized such that going up an incline at 70 would yield a few pounds of boost?

I own two turbo's cars, but they are both single turbo vehicles with stalls and have never driven a TT car before. Well, besides an ecoboost. lol
Old 04-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #75
Unreal

Stock stall. Only thing besides the turbo kit was a 3" exhaust. Full boost was ~1900, of course that depends on which gear/load. Starts spooling almost off idle. Any throttle would hit boost. Max psi depended on where it was set. They have an electronic boost controller. Most I saw was 10.5psi.

You could get different size housings if you wanted slower boost.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #76
Quiky One

Quote:
Stock stall. Only thing besides the turbo kit was a 3" exhaust. Full boost was ~1900, of course that depends on which gear/load. Starts spooling almost off idle. Any throttle would hit boost. Max psi depended on where it was set. They have an electronic boost controller. Most I saw was 10.5psi.

You could get different size housings if you wanted slower boost.
Great info. Didn't mean to hijack Matt's thread! If you have a dyno sheet of the car could you post or PM it to me?
Old 04-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #77
dcoates18481

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RALLY YELLOW SS/RS/M6
I would be interested in pricing.
please pm me with any info.
thanks.

Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam Kit, Melling oil pump, C5R Timing Chain, Dyno Tuned by Shawn@Lethal Racing, Vararam Tuned intake, Vararam Power Wedge, LSR Tri Ax Short throw Shifter, VMAX Ported T/B, TSP 2" L/T Headers, TSP Cat delete, Borla axle back exhaust, Innovate A/F monitor, 471.7 HP/438.8 TQ
dcoates18481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #78
Unreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiky One View Post
Great info. Didn't mean to hijack Matt's thread! If you have a dyno sheet of the car could you post or PM it to me?
I don't have it. I'm sure Kevin@AGP does somewhere. I know it made 740ft/lbs at ~3500rpms. Highway driving was a blast. I would say just as fun or more than my 900+rwhp z06. The torque just comes on so nicely. Plus the turbos make all sorts of cool noises.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #79
BOOGIE

Drives: Camaro Vert & Avalanche
Please PM my a price. What would I have to upgrade on my drivetrain?
BOOGIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #80
Unreal

That is an open ended question. Do you want 550rwhp or 1000rwhp? You wouldn't have to upgrade anything if you are going to keep it 600 or lower.

PM Matt for pricing and all that stuff. I don't sell this stuff, so I hope people aren't expecting PMs from me. From what I do know, it is very very close to magnacharger pricing, but think you also save cash from not needing headers/intakes/pulleys/etc so I think it actually beats maggie pricing if you want more than 500rwhp.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #81
BOOGIE

Drives: Camaro Vert & Avalanche
Thanks for the info! I just need my car faster than my Neighbor that I just bought Shelby Mustang lol
BOOGIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #82
BigRed

Drives: SS RS SIM
Pricing please...
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:00 PM   #83
mrgm
cheap and fast

Drives: older
this looks like it would fit my 2008 Silverado with 5.3... if you need a guinea pig for that im up for that
mrgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 AM   #84
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Shoot me PMs for any pricing...

We are in Houston this week tuning a lot of cars, so my reply times are delayed until we arrive back on Sunday!

Thanks
Matt
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote