Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 06-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
hazchris

Drives: 2009 challenger
New LI guy with some q"s sorry , long winded

Ok, I am a life long Vette owner, forced by the loooooong delay of this car coming out , that I traded in the Vette for a Challenger, long story short, I have a 2 year old,and the wife, knowing how I drive threatened me with death if she caught me with JR. in the car, so I got the Mopar which is child seat friendly, and a very cool car, BUT, not a Chevy, or a sports car, more of a cool looking tank. sooooo, I finaly get my rear end in the actual seat, of a Camaro yesterday, in Medford, , is overpriced, and not what I would buy,but I am sure you can guess the rest, I now can get rid of the tank, and get back in a chevy!. I can not get a test drive in a car, any time soon, and was looking for some verbal feedback on the car,how tight is it? looks good, but will I feel like I am driving a 4 seat sport car, or no?. Finally, I know there are some local Nassau county guys with cars, and I would love a ride in one for a passenger seat review, if you are a bellmore person, or OBI , and would take pity on me, please let me know. If you see me in my black Challenger, my plate says "NOT ROD" , because the car, after my Vettes is fun but NOT a hot rod, , any way if you see me, and have some time to BS, give a honk, and Please let me hear frist hand info on the car. I will be getting one, either 1 or 2 SS, most likely auto, so the Mrs. can drive it( worth the comments here, she has put up with me getting a vette every 2 years since we met), any way I need to know if the ride is worth it, and would love t hear some first hand info! ......Hey dealers!!!!, I have a sweeeet trade for you!!! tia, Chris
hazchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I feel your pain. I looked at a Challenger before I ordered my Camaro. It's too big !. Every review says the Camaro is a much better car than the Challenger. Iv'e driven the Camaro and believe me its a cool 4 seater. I'm suprised you can't find a dealer with a Camaro demo for a test drive in Nassau County. If you do you will be sold- it's a quick (even the 6 cyl) tight, responsive car. Good luck. PS: I left Nassau County for No West Ct years ago and never looked back.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
RottNCrzy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS Black/White S
If you got no feet you can sit in the back... Thats the only thing I see wrong no room in the back seat. and sight is a little hard driving you look right and look at the roof line not out the window. The chop in the roof is low. But still an awesome car to drive.
Went to 3000 on April 15 2009
Went to 3400 on May 15 2009
Went to 3800 Vin # 12445 May 27 2009
Bayed on May 27 2009
Delivered on June 12th 2009 Vin# 12445
RottNCrzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:30 AM   #4
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Talking

will look for you the next time we go to OBI...we were gonna go last weekend, but it rained...feels like it's rained and rained ever since i got my car 5/19...:(
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #5
hazchris

Drives: 2009 challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
will look for you the next time we go to OBI...we were gonna go last weekend, but it rained...feels like it's rained and rained ever since i got my car 5/19...:(
Yeah, the most depressing May/June I can remember, I think last time they had that stupid golf thing on LI it was the same weather, they should never have it here again !!!, I will keep an eye out for you if the sun shines, Thanks !!
hazchris is offline   Reply With Quote